Unexpected issue from the lattice. Needs adressed.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dreadnaught Wrex, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Dreadnaught Wrex

So an unexpected issue has been occurring due to the lattice system. I am not sure about the other servers but on Connery (currently the highest pop server to my knowledge.) we have massive lag in big fights that contain the majority of two factions or more. We have issues like not reviecing ammo from ammo packs, bullets not doing damage, engineer tools not working, etc. You know, basic issues that come with lag.

This needs to be addressed because as so many of the people who love the lattice say "big fights are awesome." well not when you have a 2 second delay on everything. And no I will not go fight somewhere else during these moments. In instances where most of the NC are pushing on Mao tech I will not switch over to fight the VS at quartz ridge.

Thank you.

Note: it's not my fault for the lag when EVERYONE is getting it from the server
  2. Arquin

Back to hex then! No lag with it ^^
    • Up x 1
  3. Eyeklops

There is some odd server issue going on unrelated to the lattice me thinks. I have been in huge battles with 60+ people around me post lattice with no lag (good frames..etc.), yet, last night I was in a smaller battle and the lag was horrible.

That said, the game still cannot support a triple pop-lock at one base, lattice or not, and I don't see that capability (lag free) coming anytime soon. More continents, lower pop-caps.

LOL, nice try. Too bad they are probably unrelated.
    • Up x 1
  4. Being@RT

If topic titles could be edited, I'd suggest removing the 'Un' from 'Unexpected'. But these forums are what they are..

But to be fair, lag was expected in Hex too. Just not as much of it?
  5. Zakuak

Yeah I had an extended experience with this yesterday on Waterson Indar IIRC. Yell chat was full of complaints regarding the lag from all factions.

Really is a b*tch trying to get ammo or god forbid use your f*cking med kit only to have it not register and fall back to damaged health 2 seconds after you inject it, wasting my G*dd*mn resources. Oh and I love trying to repair something, took me 5 minutes to repair my ESF or jump back into your tank for a quick get away but it takes you a few seconds to get in.

Lettuce does not create this but obviously has enabled it with the effect of funneling large numbers of players into one spot and it's a real PITA at times.
  6. chrisbeebops

The lag isn't the fault of the lattice. On Waterson we encountered it regularly whenever a continent was pop-capped for all 3 factions even under the hex system. Mostly seems to happen during Indar alerts.

The worst was always when 2 factions were pushing to break the lock of the third, as you would have nearly the entire server population fighting over 2 or 3 adjacent hexes. The lattice doesn't really change that.

The lag on Indar was especially bad yesterday, though I suspect the issue was a performance problem with the server unrelated to the lattice.
  7. DrunkenDonuts

This past weekend there was, indeed, a ton of lag. However, the weekend before last, double XP weekend, I really don't remember any lag issues on Indar, and since it was double XP, there were even more people online than normal.
  8. Snib

While I don't like the lattice, that lag has always been there, it's just that server performance as a whole took a big hit with the last GU, including the server going down repeatedly. The lag issues you describe happen on non-lattice continents as well, and in high pop areas did before GU as well. I only play Esamir to avoid the lettuce and I constantly get those issues there.
  9. Hotspoon

Hex system lags just as bad as lattice, nothing to do with that. SOE just needs to continue working on getting the servers to handle the capacity they want for their "massive battles of an epic scale".
  10. insane2170

Smelly lettuce :eek:

My medkits dont work, I have to use resto kits.
  11. Dreadnaught Wrex

I attributed the lag from the server due to multiple factors included never expierencing it before the GU (then again we did get merged.), the fact that it isn't alawys laugh like that, and that the lag seems to magical stopped when you aren't near the fight. So I believe this was an indirect result of the lattice system because it funnels the zerglings like it does.
  12. Hosp

Confirmed,
    This is a server issue. Happened even with HEX. The hamsters just need a break or there's a memory leak or something. Less to do with the pop and lattice vs hex and more to do with a poorly optimized continent, on a game still undergoing optimizations, with a server that regularly had these issues to begin with.
    • Up x 1