Underslung Nade Or Underslung Shotty

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Kensharma, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Kensharma

Do I have to buy ammo for either, like consumables, or like normal nades?

Is the shotty any good?
  2. Sobieski14

Get the shotty, you will never go back to the carbine.
    * Well unless you like "medium range" combat.

The nova will "1-2" enemies.

I too, had a carbine with the under-slug. It was decent to a certain extent but the carbine takes too many bullets to kill an enemy.
    * At first I killed enemies in one shoot. But as I continue to use it, it has a draw back really, that the aoe effect is weak and it does little to nothing to vehicles.
    * Your going to mostly throw grenades and then shoot you under-slug nades right after for it to be effective.

But as a light assault with s shotty, the experience is much better.

---------

As for the ammo question.
    * No, you don't need to buy ammo.
    * Which means, if there is a engineer next to you giving ammo. You can actually spam under-slug nades, personally I've tried it. The results are quite disappointing tbh.
  3. RyGy

The underslung shotty was useless in beta just use a regular shotgun.

The grenade launcher is amazing with light assault. Its a OHK and with jetpack easy to get above people to make hitting them easier.
  4. Tawkis

How does it work? Does the launcher use your standard grenades, so you can use it multiple times? Or is it one extra grenade per resupply?
  5. TheShotgun

it uses its own ammo you get 1 grenade before you reload and 2 nades total
  6. Krona

Last I heard the shotgun was working just like the nade launcher, but worse.

It needs to be reworked into like a 2-3 shot shotgun with a lower RoF than the actual shotguns. Otherwise it isn't useful for anything but 1 shotting afk people.
    • Up x 1
  7. Tawkis

So that means with the grenade bandolier you could have 5 grenades, and two c4? I think I just figured out my plan...
  8. TheShotgun

It doesnt fire a grenade as such. The difference is this one dosn't bounce (explodes on impact) smaller blast radius. In reality its more of a mini rocket laucher attached to the bottom of your gun only it has bullet drop.
  9. irishroy

nevertheless
  10. MarlboroMan-E

Nade launcher was pretty uber in beta, but I don't think I'll be getting it. Wasn't much "fun" to use, despite being effective. Think the old "nube tube" from bf2. Unfun. Effective.
  11. AirFell

Humm... my plan was to go for versatility with my LA, Medium range carbine w/3.5 scope and a shotty or nade. HUMMMMM....
  12. Mrasap

I agree with Krona, the grenade launcher is better than the shotgun in every single way.

I love flying over a building to insta-gib those hiding around a corner with my grenade launcher. The best part is that you can go to an engineer to resupply and repeat the procedure.
  13. FA_Q2

The under slung shotgun is essentially a nerfed to hell under slung nade launcher with a few extra rounds. The nade launcher is better in every single aspect bar none.
  14. Cinc

Wait, when i tested the under slung grenade launcher in beta, it sucked. It didnt seem to do anything, and i eventually tested it on an ally. He lost about a fourth of his health.

Am i missing something?
  15. Scrimps

Why do I not see either of these for the NC.
  16. gunfox

I can't see this unlock on the TR standard rifle... which ones have it?
  17. Achmed20

either go and compare weapons. stats whise its like the default carbine.
    or check your crtificate weapons for available upgrades. its all red and u cant read the text, but the tooltip still works. so you can see what upgrades are available.
  18. FA_Q2

To the ones that can't see it: it is not available for stock weapons. They took that away at the end of beta. You can only get it for the upgrade weapons that are 'side grades.' Yea, right...
  19. Chopptimus

The whole point of the upgraded version of the stock weapons is that they have slightly lower RoF but alot more versatility. If the stock weapons had it available there would be almost no point the upgraded versions as the recoil is so low anyway that the compensator is unnecessary and the ammo types have downsides so they are sidegrades. What you are left with is some different scope types and an attachment that reduces already low recoil in return for a higher time to kill...

So you want people who pay or grind for this weapon to have a less good gun?...right
  20. Maxi'sProteinPowder

Underslug Nade FTW! Nothing compares to wiping out a squad with one perfectly timed nade! folllowed by a few had grenades! I am the ultimate killing machine