Uncloaking delay

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Get2dachoppa, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Get2dachoppa

Anyone else noticing this lately or is it just me? When you uncloak, there is a longish pause now before you can actually fire. It was literally ruining my ability to snipe this morning. I'd find a target, hold breath and line up the shot, uncloak and *click* nothing. To be sure, I'd try another shot and uncloak *click click click*. Maybe by the 3rd or 4th click the shot would go off. By then, target had moved or I'd come under fire or scope sway kicked in.

First time it happened I chalked it up to some kind of server lag. But I tried again and kept getting the same results whether I was using a 12x BASR or just a 3.4x scout rifle. That uncloak/fire delay was just brutal. I hope this is just the servers under a busy double xp weekend load and not another new feature.
  2. CuteBeaver

Yep same here. Its been making my double exp weekend a bit of a nightmare. I like larger fights but this almost guarantees I end up not being able to cloak or uncloak properly. It doesn't appear to be an issue in non 48 by 48 engagements for waterson at least.
  3. BloodyPuma

Yep, its a little bit longer. Ninja patched or server stuff, anyone got intel?
  4. AccelPrime

Cloak has also been further bugged, as your weapon won't cloak sometimes, just the body of your character.

I know this because both me & my mates have shot multiple enemy Infiltrators because we've seen sniper rifles & SMGs floating around :rolleyes:.
  5. BloodyPuma

That happens right after medic try to heal you. Before "green magic animation" ends every cloak attempt ends like this.
  6. AccelPrime

Yeah I know about this, but i've seen Infiltrators in towers nowhere near a medic with their weapons uncloaked.
  7. BloodyPuma

Yep, I presume there are more things doing this. Sometimes when im 100% alone in enemy area I hear "watch you six..." and fun begins, all this while im cloaked. Rare but happens.
  8. OldMaster80

Today I dies because of this as well. Sometimes I just can't uncloak. It all started with pu02.
  9. TheGatorfan2

Its probably from all the lag we've had since the patch.
  10. SpionBref

Same problem here. It starts out fine. I uncloak and click to fire. But after 5 minutes it gets worse and worse. I uncloak and click, click, click and then it fires. It's a pretty random delay it doesn't vary on purpose. If I then go back to the VR room everything is fine, no delay. Or when i hit ESC and then go back to the game the first uncloaks and fires are OK but then the delay kicks in again.

System is fine (i7, 12GB ram, GTX760), with other classes i really don't have a problem. And not cloaked as infiltrator and firing is just like it supposed to be.

Could this be server related? Any other people noticing it?
  11. Benevon

*waves hands and mutters an ancient necromancy incantation*

Pretty sure it's server related. I notice a lot of lag right after every patch, especially in big battles with lots of explosions, and tends to clear up eventually.