Unable to play... Not due to bugs.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Puppy, May 9, 2013.

1. Puppy

So today... I joined to the continent of Indar. The only place that will ever have a battle with no Alert. The Population for NC was 50%... Well that's a little high... Hmmph.. So I played a bit.. Shot stuff... And I check again and TR now have 50%... Now these are both taken from World Pop... I'm very confused... VS are almost warpgated now... Sundies take 2 hours to pull (resources)... And joining another continent guarantees constant ghost capping... So... I have no options left... What am I supposed to do?... Log off...

I'm very concerned about the games future... I've played about 700 hours of this game... But now what? I can't play anymore... I'm VS on Connery and just can't play :/
  2. ent|ty

You begin by taking one base back at a time. That's all.

It's just that most people just abandon it and make it worse.
  3. Puppy

You need sundies to take a base. Travel time is essential.
  4. Antreya

Unfortunately SOE screwed the pooch big time by stupidly allowing people more than 1 character per server, so population on most servers (and I play on Connery as well, btw, so I know what you mean with VS) just falls to pieces patch to patch due to 4th faction FOTM zerging. This game doesn't have anywhere remotely close to enough continents either to enforce hard continent population caps either, so for now, nothing can be done at all except play a faction the 4th kids are swarming at whatever current patch faction is FOTM.
  5. Snarfy

Even if they didn't people would just make another account and do it anyway though unfortunately.
  6. Antreya

One thing people don't consider about this however is one big thing that allows 4th faction to function well is SC purchased NS weapons applying to all their characters. 4th factioners will buy the NS weaps that all their chars can use so any certs they muster patch to patch are just basics like suit slots and what have you. If they were forced to multiple accounts, they would lose this capability and that alone would discourage most 4th faction kids.
  7. Snarfy

Doubt it, people will go where ever the fight is easier and more profitable for them. They don't want to be challenged they want to raise their self esteem.
  8. Robk

lol no way it was 50% NC and 50% TR.

Maybe 50% NC and 30% TR but no way did VS have 0% pop.
  9. ent|ty

There is always a Sundie, its just that the players at the warp gate just don't care, or think to pull one. one cannot claim that ALL resources from ALL players has been exhausted.

I'll pull a Sundie, its just taht everyone's morale is so broken, they don't hop inside, they don't defend it, they don't repair it, and it gets blown up fast.

NO excuses, it shuld be easy to push out from one's warpgate.

Want to end a warpgatin'? It all begins with YOU!

:D
  10. Puppy

But 'ME' can't pull a Sundy for two hours. And none of my outfit mates can pull a Sundy for an hour or so... Can't do much.
  11. Wintermaulz

Last I checked, sundys had less than a one-two hour cd T_T
  12. ent|ty

Sigh.. but not ALL.. Why so defeatist? Just to win a forum debate?

My post was to encourage those warpgated to do what they can. If you can't pull a sundie, pull a flash. Go into a nearby cap as an Infiltrator and start messing things up and hacking stuff.

Like I said, to retake a continent or to un-warpgate, it just defaults to 'one base at a time'.
  13. Anolos

I've been saying since day one that population balance will decimate this game. Most of my outfit that played during Beta have already left the game because of this issue more than any other. We have recruited new people, but now even some of our new guys are leaving the game. Noone wants to play a PvP game heavily outnumbered. Players are allowed to make characters from all 3 factions on one server and just hop onto the winning faction for most efficient cert gain. SOE tried to make continents other than Indar a battleground, so they made alerts and offered as as carrot sizable xp for winning. So, what happens? One faction often massively outnumbers the rest and everyone jumps on board. On my server it is always the NC. I came on earlier today and there was an event and the NC had 67% world population. If SOE can't see the major issue inherent with population imbalance in a PvP game, they never had a chance.
    • Up x 1
  14. Ashnal

You should just start some fights on another continent.
    There always has to be at least one person for there to be a fight.
    If you start the fight on another continent it may take a while, but eventually people will turn up to oppose you. It works, trust me, I've done it numerous times.

Or, if you're so attached to Indar that you couldn't bear leaving, organize a force to push out with. Find some randoms with enough resources to pull a sundy if you can't. Work with everyone in the warpgate to push out, not just your own outfit.
  15. siddar

I ran into the not enough vehicles resources to pull a Sunderer a couple of times when NC had SE Indar warp gate right after game launch.

I would like to see warp gate sunderer costs linked to territory % controlled by a faction. If you have 50% of map Sunders cost full price. But the costs to buy them at warp gate drops 2% for every percentage point bellow 50% a faction drops. So if your basically close to being warp gated and only have 10% of map sunders pulled at warp gate would only cost 20% of normal. This would only apply to sunderers and only those bought at warp gate.

That would stop resources from shutting down needed sunderer supply while at same time allowing lack of resources to slow down other types of vehicles supply.

Also check the other maps. Resource production is by map so jumping to another maps warp gate and waiting there for resources to arrive at a faster rate can help. Then just go back to the map where you want to spawn a sunderer after you have acquired enough resources at other maps faster rate.
  16. Puppy

I'm just saying I can't depend on anyone else to randomly pull a sundy and put it in a good place. It's not likely at all like the past situations have shown. I don't care if someone else 'wins' a forum debate. That's fine! :3 I like gaining more knowledge
    • Up x 1
  17. Morpholine

5:45 PM today, Connery. The time which the OP is speaking:
    [IMG]

It seems to me if any one faction has half the population of the entire server, they should have half normal health, as well.
  18. Advanced Darkness

Hmmmmm sounds like you need a pump shotgun. That usually fixes everything.
  19. Robk

But it is as I said, 50% NC, 30% TR and 20% vanu.