Unable to download SocketError:Unreachable - No data (11004)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Karnus, Feb 6, 2013.

1. JohnMC

If this doesn't work:

Code:
    ipconfig /flushdns

you might still be getting old DNS information from your ISPs DNS servers, manually specify DNS servers in your network adapters TCP/IPv4 settings.

use a public DNS server like googles: 8.8.8.8
  2. Frost747

3. Frost747

guys this might help http://steamcommunity.com/app/218230/discussions/0/558748822112457819/ if u have daemon tools it installs another program called 'wajam' uninstall that it should work then
  4. Imthehunter

Here's a video that should explain your feelings:

5. stealth140

6. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Additional instructions: The most common causes of a socket error is Bloatware. In these cases, a semi-malicious program (or group of programs) is preventing the launch pad from connecting. I have also included additional instructions to follow as subsequent steps if removing bloatware did not resolve the issue.

1. To fix this, you will need to remove said bloat ware programs in order to connect. Some common software to look for is below.
    • Browser Safeguard
    • Browser Infrastructure Helper
    • Search Protect
    • Browser Defender
    • Severeweatheralerts.exe

2. Reset your Internet options by following these instructions: First, make sure to have all browsers and the Launchpad closed. Next, go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Click the Advanced Tab. On the Advanced Tab Afterward click Reset > Delete Personal Settings > and click Reset. Then go back on the Internet Options and on the advanced tab. scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certificate Revocation" and *Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk* then click on Ok.

3. Windows Proxy Settings: Please refer to the Knowledgebase article for assistance with these steps: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28400

4. LP4 Cache Settings: If some cached information is preventing the LP4 from working properly, they can clear the LP4 cache by going to the game's folder and finding the launchpad.libs folder. From there, delete the launchpad.cache folder and try accessing the game once again.

5. Anti-Virus / Firewall Software: It is not advisable to fully disable AV/FW software, but you will want to make sure the proper exceptions have been made for all security software.

6. Client Reinstallation: This is a last ditch effort – as I’m sure you know, reinstalling takes time, and not an initial recommendation. In some rare cases, however, reinstalling the client will fix the Socket Error.
    • Up x 1
  7. guffyluffybro

i dont have the C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe
  8. Serhat Öktem

9. GlassHouseFire

i was getting this same error, for a while, almost a year. and then i discovered something. a program called 'rocket tab' was impeding the launch of the game. if you have this program, it may be incompatible with your operating system, and uninstalling it should help; as soon as i 'exit'ed the program via my hidden icons i could magically log on. i hope this helps you
    • Up x 1
  10. 1ElkCrew

As this post is high on search engines, people might see this.

Open RUN and type:
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyEnable /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

This will reset settings, worked for me. Found on a youtube comment.
  11. Shyguy1712

I just uninstalled it from the launcher and reinstalled it and it started to work again

If you open planetside 2 (in steam or whatever)
    Click on the hexagonal wrench icon in the top left side of the loading bar
    Click uninstall
    And then reinstall after it's done

I used steam to reinstall it but that's how it worked for me