Unable to download SocketError:Unreachable - No data (11004)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Karnus, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Karnus

I am getting the above error every time I try and update. I have tried all of the below, none of which work and now the launchpad repair is doing it also. I have tried doing it with my anti-virus and firewall off all together which doesn't seem to change anything.
    I can get ~100mb ish downloaded before the error pops up, have been trying to update for a few days now.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. In addition the running the client as the administrator, please ensure that you have added an exception within your Firewall or Anti-Virus software for planetside2.exe, launchpad.exe, awesomiumprocess.exe, and ApplicationUpdaterService.exe.

The location of these files can vary, but by default they should look like this:

Win7/Vista/Win8

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Sony Online Entertainment\ApplicationUpdater\ApplicationUpdaterService.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\ Sony Online Entertainment\ApplicationUpdater\ApplicationUpdaterService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Program Files\\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

The AppData and Application Data folders are hidden in Windows by default so you may need to enable "View Hidden Files/Folders" before you are able to find these files.

2. You may need to clear the cache settings for the launch pad by going to the launchpad.libs folder in your PlanetSide 2 directory and delete the launchpad.cache folder then try accessing the game once again.

3. The launcher may have been corrupted and will need to be repaired before it will work correctly. You can repair the launcher with the launcher set up file from the following link:

https://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_setup.exe
  2. TwitchTheTerrible

Same issue here, I am hoping it is related to the servers being down.
  3. Karnus

Maybe, unless I am really unlucky and the servers were down every time I try to patch. Like I say it has been a few days now.
  4. Karnus

Still doing it with the servers up, Been a while since I have been able to play. I get this in the log:

Patching Resources/Assets/Assets_195.pack
    Patching Resources/Assets/Assets_193.pack
    Patching Resources/Assets/Assets_198.pack
    Patching Resources/Assets/Assets_199.pack
    *Warning: Retrying Resources/Assets/Assets_199.pack
    *Error: Unable to download SocketError:Unreachable - No data (11004 - 12.120.136.128 - http://pls.patch.station.sony.com/p...zs/39/8a2/10bd6df8fa547fe6ed6f8c79bb638d8ce39
  5. Nokus

Have you tried deleted the offending file(s) and then perform a file check and see if it brings it down properly?
  6. Germanius_GER

This Error exist since beta.
  7. Karnus

its a different file every time and the same error comes up when file check tries to re-download also. Managed to get file check to finish after pressing retry 20 times in the space of 2 hours so I will see if it makes any difference.
  8. Murmillo

It existed since beta because all SOE's games have trouble downloading when you have security software running without proper exceptions made, 99.9% of those running into this issue are running some extra non-needed crud on their machine, and that's causing it.
  9. DarkWolfRizing

wrong again murmillo, i am using a BRAND NEW 1200.00 PC and even i am having this problem. and i can assure you that i am most definately NOT running ANY other programs. thanks for the flawed logic. hell, i even wiped my system and put it at factory settings just to "make sure" but still, same thing happens.

And how is it that 0% of all advice pertaining to this problem (even on this forum) was useful

all of it ...........garbage
  10. DarkWolfRizing

EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN ABLE TO PREVIOUSLY PLAY PLANETSIDE 2 BEFORE RECEIVING THIS ERROR YOU MIGHT AS WELL DELETE YOUR GAME AND UNINSTALL IT, DON'T BOTHER TRYING TO RE-INSTALL BECAUSE IT WILL DO NO GOOD. YOU WILL CONTINUE TO RECEIVE THIS ERROR FROM NOW UNTILL THE END OF TIME (AT LEAST ON THE PC YOU WERE USING). AND DONT BOTHER TRYING TO CONTACT ANYONE FROM PLANETSIDE (I ASKED FOR ASSISTANCE 3 MONTHS AGO.......NO RESPONSE, NO SURPRISE THERE) AS THEY WILL IGNORE YOU LIKE THEY DID ME. I HOPE THEIR SERVERS CRASH UNTILL THEY CAN FIX THEIR GAME
  11. DarkWolfRizing

AND ANYONE WHO SAYS "IT'S YOUR PC" CAN KISS MY A$$, I DIDN'T DISH OUT WELL OVER A GRAND FOR A BAD-A$$ PC FOR NOTHING, SO TRUST ME, IT CAN HANDLE IT.
  12. Artifex78

My my, here have a chill pill.
    How about you post a screenshot of your running processes. Or use Process Explorer, go to "File" - "Save as" and post the output here.
  13. schulace

Yeah, same thing happened to me just today. was able to play without trouble since december. also, tried to download the test server client to see if that would work and that didnt work either, gave me the same error. any suggestions? tried running it without my antivirus on and it still didnt work.
  14. schulace

Ok, turned out I had a nasty virus. However, while I was trying to determine a way to get back online, an idea occurred to me that may help someone else who finds this thread.

If the launcher ever worked, do a system restore to the last known date that it worked on. maybe that can help you.
  15. Noh3aven

Watch this, it'll help

• Up x 3
  16. TrevorUchiha

ty ty ty man i tryed this and it worked i love you fro posting this (not a gay kind of love) so ty ty ty!!!!!!!! i can play again :D
  17. Sheep5

My proxies are disabled but it still wont work. I left today and it was working and came back 2 hours later and it just wont work. Its not just that problem though. I either get a black screen and when highlighted it says "error" or its loads to 6% and then sends me to a new page saying error 404. I really have no clue what to do and what is going on. PLEASE HELP!
  18. Mitrail

Sheep, if you're still having trouble look up all of your anit-malware/virus programs. Anti-MalwareBytes was the problem for me.
  19. Xzalfor

I had the same problem.

I solved it with this command (In Start / Run / cmd) :
    ipconfig /flushdns
    • Up x 2
  20. Lamiarex

Thank you xzalfor