Unable to download IDS_UNABLETODOWNLOAD

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Vakur, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Vakur

Error message in Launchpad

Patching Servers down?
  2. LameFox

IIRC last time I got that message verifying game files fixed it.
  3. Vakur

Verified game files, reinstalled PS2
    Problem persists

Edit: Just validated assets using the Launchpad

Code:
    *Error: Unable to download IDS_UNABLETODOWNLOAD
    Checking all game files...
    Found 2 file(s) to update.
    Says installing, however the progress bar is not moving and Launchpad isn't downloading anything.
  4. crabpistol

firewall open? as in fully disabled just to test and see if that is the issue?
  5. Vakur

Yes, everything tested already. I highly doubt the problem is caused on my end.
  6. crabpistol

impossible to assist without you specifically listing what you have done and how your network is set up.

personally i have no issues, no one else reported this issue in the forums as of yet that i see, so that does tend to say the issue is on your end. i realise you may not want to hear that but that doesnt change the facts unfortunately
  7. Vakur

Error Message shows approx. 1 second after opening Launchpad.exe. Running it in Admin Mode did not solve the problem.

Verified game assets through both Steam and Launchpad. Log for Launchpad validation:
    Code:
    Checking all game files...
    Found 2 file(s) to update.
    Even though it found 2 files to update, nothing is being downloaded. The progress bar is not moving.

Disabling firewall/any AV software/forwarding ports does not solve the problem. Trying to get into PS2 by launching the Planetside2.exe does not help either, it terminates immediately. No changes to either software or hardware on the PC in use have been made since the last time Planetside 2 was played.

Reinstalled Planetside 2 twice already.

Provided msinfo32 and dxdiag.

http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/87624517/file.html
  8. crabpistol

does it tell you what files it is saying require update? the exact file name? i am wondering if it isnt a permissions issue. if it tells you the file name, manually rename, move, or delete the files and try again.
  9. Vakur

No, all information I have can be found in my previous post.
    *Error: Unable to download IDS_UNABLETODOWNLOAD is all I'm getting.
  10. crabpistol

have you opened a support ticket? unfortunately were not going to be able to help you here, im sorry
  11. Vakur

Yes, the post above was actually copied and pasted from the support ticket. I just hoped somebody in here would be able to help me, since I'd really like to play now, and not in two or three days.
  12. Vakur

After hours fiddling around and trying to fix it, I changed the launcher's language. Now it works for whatever reason.

Top ******* lel
    • Up x 1
  13. crabpistol

got to be kidding me thats ridiculous. guess it was trying to download some language pack?
  14. Lazarus2579

I just had the same problem and all I had to do is re-login in my launcher and accept the terms and agreements so that the update would instal.
  15. Lamborgini

Hey, I wanted to to PS2 but the Launchpad said
    Unable to download IDS_UNABLETODOWNLOAD. What's the matter with it? Can some help me? I really wanna play the game, it my favorite.
  16. AngryWarDragon

Thank you so much for saving me the husle, I put mine to Deutch then back to English and it allowed me to play. cheers