Ultra Settings Improved My FPS

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BLKThumb, Dec 4, 2012.

1. bluEyedillusions

I mean a player looking at your model. Not necessarily playing in 3rd person. It was a poor choice of words.
  2. Jex =TE=

[AutoRefuse]
    FriendInvitation=0
    DuelInvitation=0
    GuildInvitation=0
    HideUi=1
    TradeRequest=0
    HousingInvitation=0
    GroupInvitation=0
    So we can join guilds, duel and trade with other players in the future?
  3. Tytos

I just tried the settings, the fps are now constant at 60 but i'm not sure if it looks better or worse :/
  4. Dovahkiin

1) it doesn't lower your grpahics
    2) OMG!! It WOKRS!
  5. Arcanum

To sum it up what exactly is causing the FPS to improve? Which lines? Would this somehow work on mid or low end systems? Does it break your graphics?
  6. MiZrY

Somehow setting certain things to ultra may move some of the processes from the CPU to the GPU forcing your GPU to actually work as it's intended? I don't really know.... it's odd.

These are the main setting changes that seem to improve performance:

GraphicsQuality=5
    ShadowQuality=0 <--------- that one will definitely help
    TextureQuality=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=5
    TerrainQuality=5
    ModelQuality=5

It might work on low/mid range hardware.... only one way to find out though. :cool:
    Does it break you graphics? Not sure what you mean. The game will look better and perhaps perform better. I'm sure it will make your GPU work harder, but I don't think that would wreck your GPU in anyway.... and if it did, well you probably have horrible ventilation and it's gonna happen one way or another at some point.
    • Up x 1
  7. Fluff

It's been my experience that ultra has -never- improve anything on my system, the opposite actually, it's slower than my current very well tweaked settings. What I always thought is that the improvement you see may not be what you really think you are seeing since the game hasn't offered the option of ultra it may be that what you see as a gain is just a glitch that is how the codes translates this strange setting and not really a gain in FPS.

If you are really gaining REAL FPS than bravo, but I gota tell everyone with a medium rig, I strongly doubt you will gain anything on FPS I have yet to gain anything myself and that is 15+ tries at every possible different ultra settings they are.

Also not that, my GPU has always worked, long before the advent of ultra, it's usually my GPU that works the most not my CPU and this on High (game 3) and a few things on Low (game 1).
  8. Germanius_GER

Pre GU2 it helped me, but after GU2 no more.
  9. Arcanum

I meant making the game look wrong. I read some guy complaining about this happening while skimming this thread, just making sure.
  10. Bruiserdog

Actually worked for me, better then the other solution's I was trying to get at, I get more steady FPS, looks awesome, getting GPU to work more and CPU less makes sense. Haven't noticed stutter at all yet.

update: the stutter happens every now and then but not as often as before though this can be gameside issues/general lag. Though every now and then cpu wants to go over gpu, should I turn something up more?
  11. omgBAMF

This worked for my mid-range computer. It effectively doubled my fps, going from ~30fps to ~60fps in warpgate and ~10fps to ~25fps in big battles. Big battle fps still sucks when fighting against those that have over 50fps in the same battle, but it's better than the ~10 I used to get.
  12. Inzababa

worked for me oO
  13. ZenitHMaster

IT works, but I tested it on a dx10 gpu afterwards and it wont open... Maybe it makes the game dx11. Who knows what **** they did when they coded the game!?
  14. IamDH

Hey i remember you, you're from Blacklight. I'll test this later
  15. AdmiralArcher

lol nice necro
  16. Paragon Exile

This thread must get wrekt by the Mods