Ultra Settings Improved My FPS

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BLKThumb, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Cl1mh4224rd

That's called "level of detail" (LOD).

Changing user options is not modding.

These are the values:
    1. Low
    2. Medium
    3. High
    There is no Very High setting, so, logically, 4 must be Ultra. As far as I'm concerned, 5 is "undefined".

That screenshot was not made using those settings. One of the other screenshots from the Steam Community thread shows bullet casings being ejected from the gun. You only get that when PhysX is enabled, but that's not available in the final release (even if you manually set GpuPhysics to 1 in the config). This tells me that those screenshots are from beta.

My suggestion to you is to go to the same location, take a screenshot of your own, then compare the two.

If you mean the "can't see friends and enemies in a zerg until they're 15 feet in front of me", the server has the final say on that (by not sending you data about players further away).

Evidence, please. Let's see some screenshot comparisons.
  2. Skurcey

1 = low
    2 = middle
    3 = high
    All others = ultra, you gain FPS only cause of fog. Let the draw distance lower and earn twice FPS
  3. BLKThumb

Um I see bullet casings now, so that is completly false
  4. Metsuro

Your conclusion is wrong. In the GU1 they reintroduced some of the physx stuff
  5. BLKThumb

um no ill take a screen shot now
  6. Believer

I propose a permban for this necro :cool:
  7. Metsuro

Read my post bro.

In the GU1 SoE re-added physx files to the game client. Possibly turning on portions of it.
  8. BLKThumb

[IMG]
    [IMG]here is your proof dumb *** a shell casing....
  9. Koadster

Just copy pasted your settings OP. Got into game and hotdropped onto a biolab fight... Even with atleast 100 people fighting with alot of explosions.. Running a constant 25-30FPS (around a 100% increase over my meduim settings) The Infantry textures look amazing at ultra.
  10. Cl1mh4224rd

Yeah, I've been noticing this, too. While playing my TR character, I've seen it from others' guns but haven't noticed it from my own. I just might not have been paying attention.

Still, my overall point stands. Those screenshots are very likely from beta. An additional point is that the images are watermarked, which indicates they're part of some website's review of the game and not screenshots that were taken after using the settings that the OP posted.
  11. Kroktar

i used those settings like one week but after a few days i have seen some NC Tanks just black so i decided to change back all.
  12. ddp

13. Duke

This works..... I went from 50-60 fps to 90.... and the game looks phenominal...
  14. Daedrick

Posting to track this topic, sorry for the bump, Im not the necro.
  15. bluEyedillusions

Saw someone say something goofy regarding bullet casings. The only bullet casings to be seen in game currently are TR players shooting in first person (TR is the only faction still using actual bullets. NC uses Gauss rifles and VS uses plasma rifles).

If the PhysX was enabled in game, you would also see bullet casings coming from TR weapons in THIRD person as well, and they would actually bounce around.
  16. Valrak

Interesting!
  17. ddp

THIRD person?
  18. WUNDER8AR

Probably a silly question but does anyone think that this would actually work in case of a 955BE @ 3,2Ghz and a 560ti (1GB)? I'm currently playing on really low settings @ 1080p and the game looks like crap and runs like crap to be completely honest...
  19. bogroll

OP's specs in case no-one noticed:

My PC Specs
    i1000 @20,000 THZ, Overclocked to 20 x 10(pow)5 THZ
    HDD 5x100000 infinity sata 100
    ati hd 587084 crossfired with quad sli nvidia 9999999, with updated ati catalyst infinity 1 and physx version
    infinity.
    infinity.
    infinity.
    infinity
    mobo asus with 32 pci slot with 64(x16) lane pci express graphics card slot,
    SMPS is 20,000 volt transformer
    USB port 120000.0
    ram is 128TB
  20. JonboyX

Asus Suite; software of the devil himself!
    I can't remember the settings name, but there's an option in the Boot EFI to overclock all your cores on demand; it's turbo boost related. Clearly check your temperatures, but even with a £20 air cooler mine hits 4.7GHz with no issues. I'd bet you can get more out of it :)

Idling on the desktop I can get my processor to downclock to 1.6Ghz; playing games it bounces up to the full 4.7