UK TV adverts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mastachief, May 27, 2013.

1. Mastachief

Multiple television adverts across multiple channels, very nice SOE/Pro7.
  2. WaiZen

LOL! Which channel xD ?
  3. gigastar

Caught one on Sky 1, and if its on Sky 1 then its also on the 8 or so other channels that BSkyB run.
  4. Ganelon

Seen them in the Netherlands as well, with Dutch voice-over no less.
  5. TrainerS2

hehehe is sad that they spend money for TV adverts to get more $$,
    Beter do some with , gameplay, hackers , and freme per second
    then they can make adverts !!!
  6. huller

is there a YT link about what they are showing? Also; I demand chanels naow!
  7. Ranik

Yeah i'd like to see some of these TV adverts. Might be cool
  8. SwordofCyric

Here's a link with the german TV commercial:

9. Vashyo

Yup I want to see it too
  10. SwordofCyric

Here's annother one that's actually over three minutes :eek:

The one above I see often on TV, this long one below I have now seen for the first time ever

11. Red Death

So, they're showing the CGI trailer instead of the gameplay trailer now...
  12. Heretic

To be fair, it isn't the gameplay that sells a game, its the marketing (As terrible as that sounds its true). When you look at games like Call of Duty, the amount of money the put into marketing it dwarfs the amount they actually spend making it. What SOE is spending the money on as far as i can see is a good thing. This game needs more players and marketing helps solve this. More players = more money which allows more to be invested into the game.

If you throw enough money into telling people that your product is good, then eventually they start to believe you.
    • Up x 2
  13. NinjaKirby

At least it's not just "FORGE OF EMPIRES!" now on every other advert break, on every other channel.

As far as I can tell it's some kind of AoE clone presented as original ideas and innovation... where the hell did such a company get all this money to run SO many adverts?

Anyway, I digress, PS2 adverts on TV? Awesome, indeed it's what we need. Whether it's the right time for it, I'm not sure.
  14. Vashyo

I cant remember when I last saw an advert that really showed gameplay, possibly bits and pieces between cutscenes, gameplay is never as exciting as an action cinematic for the new player I suppose.
  15. Pikachu

You people still watch TV?
    • Up x 5
  16. TintaBux

Its to try save PS2.
  17. NinjaKirby

Off Topic: I've been curious for a while now, is your name inspired and taken directly from a certain YouTube Playthrough of Amnesia: The Dark Descent? :p
  18. TintaBux

Afraid not :( Just a random name come up :p
  19. Phyr

For the hour or so of actual TV I watched yesterday I saw an ad for Candy Crush. At least PS2 is a legit game, worthy of advertising.

Seriously, Candy Crush? WTF guys.
  20. S1eB

I love the end of this trailer.

Suddenly... out of nowhere... VANU!!!

As for SOE advertising on TV, at least more people will learn about the game. More $$ for SOE at the end of the day though