[Suggestion] UI Scaling

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Johannes Kaiser, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Johannes Kaiser

This game needs some UI scaling option. If it happens to be there and I am too blind to see it, please let me know precisely where it is.
    I recently got a GPU that can comfortably handle this game in 4K and Ultra, but when I do that the UI becomes so tiny reading the chat becomes an actual activity instead of a sideshow, and I need to spend effort to read anything on screen, as it's vanishingly small (at least compared to how I know the game for over 10 years now). The minimap is also extraordinarily tiny without using H, which again hides some other information.
    The gist is: I used to have everything at a glance when needed, now I have to either source for it or have the grain from playing 1K on a 4K monitor (got that for reading PDFs without a headache, an entirely different story) when I woudln't have to (as with my old GPU). And I'm rather positive I am not alone with this wish.
    • Up x 3
  2. JibbaJabba

This.

You can read stuff at 1k. Not at 2 or more.

I literally can't play medic in an organized point hold because I can't call out my rezzes because I can't read the names of my targets.
    • Up x 3
  3. Johannes Kaiser

Hope this gets seen. In the days of widespread 2k+ resolution this is long overdue.
    • Up x 3
  4. Drakyry

This, but unironically.

do people who still play this game exclusively play on like 720 or 1080p monitors like its still 2010?

Or does everyone just squint their eyes all the time? Because its literally not possible to read the ui on a high dpi monitor