UES HUGE SUCCESS IMHO

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VoidMagic, Jan 28, 2013.

1. VoidMagic

Personally, I had a blast PLAYING the UES.

It's kind of ridiculous no one has spoken about how much FUN the darn
    event was from a GAMING perspective. Your outfit, desperate objectives,
    no idea what was next, and gettin it done for your people, with yer own
    blood n face rolling.

Let me put this another way. I've always admired how EVE has these huge
    events that are player driven, although really couldn't stomach the game play.
    Well, right here in my personal favorite game there was a HUGE EVENT HELD
    in an MMOFPS. Epic. Totally engaging and utterly what I've always wanted
    in a PVPMMO.

I hope next time they add a STORY maybe even a cut scene and win XP
    and honestly, I'd rather have this kind of stuff televised on Twitch and SERVER SPECIFIC.

Overall thou lots of fun.

thanks SOE. MOAR PLX.
  2. VoidMagic

/bump cause I think SOE made a fun event and I enjoyed it, even if I was the only one that did... lol

O well thx SOE...
    • Up x 1
  3. T0rin

I would have enjoyed it were it not for the 5m infantry render range and the rooms full of 30 unexploded grenades, and taking 5 minutes for the game to acknowledge that I was repairing a vehicle. UES was just a big tech test, that apparently on the more populated (your server) failed. Sure, you could move around and shoot people, but a lot of stuff was just downright broken and not functioning at all, and the game effectively turned into "which force was screwed over by the various lag related malfunctions less".
  4. KraggTheGrim

I admit, the overall experience was fun, and for those who have seen my posts before, yes i did have a case of sour grapes, but now that things have settled down I admit I had fun.

I hope that SOE and the PS2 team, learn from this event and continue to improve upon them as we go forward.
  5. Aractain

I had fun watching the train wreck stream and loling at the 20% TR on my amerish (the rest were on Indar.... big supprise). Still went out and shot at some vanu cultists.
  6. VoidMagic

Honestly guys, think about the scale of that event.... and lets have a moment of Wow. cause this stuff only happens in PLANETSIDE.

If we don't take a second to be greatfull, then how will we feel when there's no more great massive MMOFPS's.

Personally, I was butter smooth through the whole event and I was on the front lines with my outfit all night.

so... /shrug

was fun.

The Dev's will get the balance and the performance right, IF WE SUPPORT THEM.
  7. MrPokealot

I wasn't there but it looked pretty awesome. Plus you guys got to meet maggie. Super jelly.
  8. Fivetide

I didnt care about the event, but logged in to play a bit and found the server was laggy as hell so i logged out again and did something else.