[UCA] United Conglomerate Alliance

Discussion in 'Helios (US West)' started by ROMNEYTRON, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Excellentz

Color me impressed. I've gotta admit, I agree with more or less everything you've said here. I am pretty sure killface said it ever-so-eloquently a while back, we need to start with the basics and actually work on communicating in-game.. I know of the management deal and also see command chat/orders. NOBODY uses any form of communication to try and work with eachother.

We will use this weekends Friday Night Ops event as an example. I know I don't play very often or lead along side many of you very much anymore like I used to, but Friday I was there and was leading the ADK platoon for about an hr and a half during the cross-faction event. Constantly I was trying to get people to coordinate through the "management" tool and all I heard was Ace responding back. I swear I said so many times that ADK was defending the three bases we had down to glacier, and never once did I hear what anybody else was doing when I was asking, except for Killface. So, we know that method of communication is lacking currently, probably due to participation (as always) (I find this one to be the BEST one we have and we can change it every week if we want and it favors no outfit's Teamspeak server, if that was ever a worry for some joining UCA channel..).

Also, the UCA channel was empty...no big deal as we know that teamspeak channel pretty much failed due to a 1% adoption rate (basically only Lonboder from COLG, sometimes vaga, was in it for a while and now ONLY Ace, but I don't know that it is really the most effective way. I like the new management tool, but we need to get people to use the damn thing, and it uses something ALREADY in place (in-game comms).

Honestly, I know everybody is super scared orders chat is being spied on by enemies, as well as commander chat and stuff such as that...but seriously we need to use orders somehow because currently we are doing 0 in-game communication. IDK why we are so concerned about our orders/command chat HAVING A CHANCE OF being intercepted that we have just quit communicating altogether...At the very least, coordination orders need to be sent out. IE) "We need to organize resources, Leaders please report in your location so we can work around you" -Of course, this would be most useful for an outfit like ADK, VVAR or COLG who has a crap ton of members and does not want to go somewhere that another outfit already is. We need to quit sending 3 friggin platoons to a location that has 1 platoon defending it, its getting to be absurd. (3 platoons to crossroads when we could have 2 hit crossroads or maybe 1 and then send one to xenotech and 1 to Regent Rock.)

It takes more than just 1 ADK and 1 VVAR platoon working together or just 1 COLG and 1 VVAR platoon or whatever the combination is to really get coordinated and to see results.. We really need to work on our in-game comms, at all costs. It is the biggest problem we have and many of you have already made that point. We really do need to work on being more effective with our population advantage, because currently what we are doing with our advantage is a joke and we get trolled over and over about it because it is so damn true...

Personally, when I lead an ADK platoon, I have no problem working around another PL's objective even if that objective is the one I wanted to accomplish. It just has to happen sometimes if we are to actually be successful.

Bottom line: We have got to quit duplicating efforts. All of this alliance stuff unrelated to in-game comms needs to pretty much stop and our in-game comms needs to be immediately addressed and improved.

My two (two thousand) cents (words).
  2. WingusB

Which would be the point of once again stating that it is there. In fact, I believe I already hit that topic. I see you in there all the time, but hardly ever responsive. I saw someone from ENRON in there today.
  3. KILLFACE

UCA Teamspeak Setup Guide

1. First of all your gonna need to know how to get Teamspeak set up. You need to download Teamspeak 3 from this (link) and follow the setup wizard to ensure your microphone works correctly.
    2. What you've gotta do next is open Teamspeak press ctrl+b to open up bookmarks and add The ADK Channel (TS.ADKGAMERS.COM:3796), and click the 'connect on startup' ticky box then type this into the default channel box : 'UCA (Join During Alerts!)' and click 'ok'.
    3. You will then need to press windows button+r and type in 'shell:startup' and press enter then copy and paste the teamspeak 3 shortcut into that folder.
    4. Disable your Sound and Microphone and set yourself as 'away on this server' when not on PS2 (top left corner).
    5. YOUR DONE! (unless you mind TS3 being hideous (link))
    6. Yell incoherently at strangers.
  4. KILLFACE

Translation :

5. StealthTop

The UCA on Connery is quite coordinated, hosted on 666th TS3, but they only grant teamspeak permissions to leaders and officers of another outfit so comms do not get too crowded, but I think thats enough to get the empire going...
    Well, looking forward to see you guys in connery, and maybe merge the 2 UCA together for major OPS
    • Up x 1
  6. Excellentz

The UCA (Name and all) on Helios was built to be able to transition over to the UCA alliance on Connery. In fact, you can discuss with EvilPig regarding it, they were involved in a lot of the first couple of meetings.. However, the connery merger was inevitably delayed and so we put off discussions with them.

I know myself, personally, I have always welcomed the 666th and the UCA they hosted. ADK plans to be involved and actively participating in alliance talks. We plan to actively participate in the agreed upon means of communication IN-GAME moving forward. I know turnout was poor before, from our own guys included, but that will not be the case moving forward. Not striving to improve our factions coordination in-game is just foolish in my book.
  7. EVILPIG

The UCA is up and running. We're enjoying successful coordination. The UCA is open to all NC Connery interested in organizing.
  8. Wondercabage

BE ADVISED, [CASH] HAS A NEW WEBSITE DOMAIN, www.cashoutfit.org
    ALSO, [CASH] is no longer openly recruiting. But you can still contact me on the website if you would like to join and i will talk to my fellow board members to see what we can do. ( My name is Wondercabage ) Exeptions will always be made if we feel that you would be a valuable member of the outfit.

See you all on the front! And feel free to friend me if you are intreasted in CASH and we can talk!
  9. darkstarzx2

The UCA is rather dead at this point. Sure, we use Command Chat in-game, but the Teamspeak is practically dead. We need to get it back up and running.