[UCA] United Conglomerate Alliance

Discussion in 'Helios (US West)' started by ROMNEYTRON, Apr 13, 2013.

1. kaptinkrunch88

If anyone knows the outfit Children of Sparta leader please let me know how to contact him. I had a griefer issue that he should know about.
    • Up x 1
  2. KILLFACE

Yo where the **** is everyone? I added the UCA channel to my bookmarks and set it to open in a new tab whenever teamspeak opens up (and I leave my computer on even when I'm not at it or even at home for that matter), never see anyone on, I've seen a total of about 2 people *ever*. You ****ers signed up so what the fark happened to ya? Get on, get motivated, and get **** done.

I'm not sure about you lads, but when I say I do something, I ******* do it. I don't just say it to make myself feel better or look important or because I look good in a Uniform (I look good in (or out of) anything btw). I just do it.

Lift your ****** game eh.
  3. ROMNEYTRON

I have pretty much stopped trying to pull this off. I noticed the trend several weeks prior and decided that the amount of communication we were actually doing was pretty close to nil in the server.

The reality is, the personalities of our Outfits and our views on command are too varied to work together in anything more than independent platoons coordinating in command chat. I'll tell you right now, I was one of the main proponents of greater unification, but at this point I'm backing off.
  4. KILLFACE

I figured a kick up the *** couldn't hurt to get people moving, even if it is only on command chat, we gotta make an effort to get more coordination going or there'll be 50 guys attacking one base with 3 vanu defending and 3 guys defending where theres 50 vanu attacking like there is right now. And dude, backing off ain't a word I know the meaning of, just a time to try different avenues of attack.
  5. KrakenDomes

Please sign Enron up!!

I will be our main contact and hang out in ADK TS3 when possible. Our contact info is enronisback.com
  6. WingusB

Always waiting to see people move in. At one point I even tried to get people in there to coordinate and I was baffled at how quickly that ceased. For those who do not know me I am a new ADK Outfit Leader and welcome this kind of coordination. UCA leaders- all of us need to have a meeting, and soon.
    • Up x 1
  7. Jrv

I'm going to set aside personal vendettas for a second to explain to people the fundamental flaw of your little alliance, the flaw I saw from the very beginning.

When the fundamental strategy of an alliance is to spread out like a thin layer of butter over a gigantic continent toast, then you're not actually coordinating at all. Coordinating your ghost capping is, apart from being utterly boring, a totally wasted potential.

If you were to use your alliance for actual combat-relevant coordination, then perhaps you'd be far more successful than you are now. For instance:

An outfit is attacking an outpost. They get there and are overwhelmed, nothing they can do on their own. So, they talk in command chat:

What should happen:

Outfit 1: "The enemy have lots of MBTs, a couple of scythes, I'd estimate 20-30 infantry."
    Outfit 2: "OK, we're running air support, we'll try to clear the skies"
    Outfit 1: "Alright, we still need an armor column to contest theirs"
    Outfit 3: "My outfit will handle the armor."
    Outfit 1: "Awesome, so -outfit 2- will clear the skies, -outfit 3- will pull an armor column, and we will continue to move in on foot and contest the points."

What actually happens:

Outfit 1: "There's a whole platoon here, we can't possibly handle this!"
    Outfit 2: "Ok dude don't waste your time just go to -designated ghost capping location-, we're at -designated ghost capping location-, so if you help us, we can ghost cap much faster!"
    Outfit 1: "Cheers everyone, great teamwork!"

To get even more fundamental, the issue is basically that you talk about yourselves too much instead of the enemy. Relevant command chat should include where the enemy forces are, estimates of their size, key threats such as groupings of tanks, aircraft, sunderer locations, etc. Instead, we get:

"Uhh duuuur VVAR has two platoons ghost capping over here, you guys ghost cap over there and we'll cover a lot of ground!"

"COLG has a platoon over here"

"ADK IS DOING THIS!"

"PLS RECOGNIZE OUR OUTFIT"

Meanwhile nobody is actually talking about, you know, our competition.

When the lattice drops, you'll all have a perfectly good opportunity to change your ways and start focusing on TACTICAL communication instead of meaningless "strategic ghost capping" communication. Perhaps battle lanes are required to finally get you people to talk about your enemy and confront them together instead of running away.

By all means, dismiss everything I've said because of your predisposition towards me. I'm aware that the truth hurts.
  8. KrakenDomes

ITs not the UCA that is failing, its the friendship between NC OUTFITS that is failing. I literally mute CC because there is so much bickering and arguing. There is NO teamwork in the NC. A few outfits like COLG/SKIN/CASH work together. \/\/ar / ADK / VX9 are rarely seen in CC chat, but sometimes do appear. But regardless of who is there and who isnt, its always full of people arguing.

While it DOESN'T happen exactly like this, to an extent it does. Many times I have seen X outfit say they need help and then a,b,c,d outfits all drop/redeploy there. AND like example two, I have seen outfit leaders just tell people leave base alone and go ghost cap base M or stop ghost cap at base N.

It goes both ways so your examples both should say THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS :) I am still kinda new to the Leader scene so I dont know about past problems between outfits. But in order for the NC UCA TO EVER move forward we have put aside our issues/problems and work on improving the NC alliance on Helios.

I can tell you this much. VANU and TR alliances are only getting stronger and more coordinated. The longer we bicker and argue the more we fall behind.

----------------------------------------------------------------

So after that rant I have a few ideas..........

*Completely redo the UCA - From the ground up
    *Pick certain times the UCA is up and running (Thurs-Sun / 6-11pm) Example
    *2-3 individuals to represent their outfit in the UCA - These individuals need to be mature and a epe**is that isnt this long

8================================================================================D
    (Needs to be much smaller)

*Battle commanders for up times
    *Events / outfit challenges - To keep the Alliance active and having fun
    *Events with Enemy alliances :)
    *Ambassadors (not directly tied to UCA) each outfit should have ambassadors keeping in touch with other outfits.
    *Bi weekly meetings or monthly - up to UCA

Basically make the UCA a little more fun but structured as well. No one wants this to be a second job in our lives. We all play for fun and we are all on the same side. I am willing to put some time and effort into this if others are. But in my honest opinion the
    UCA needs an overhaul and more friendly leaders.
  9. VanuWarrior123

Glad to see you guys joining the Alliance Business. Looking forward to facing off with you guys in the future
  10. Excellentz

Don't let this turn into a giant hate JRV forum..We all know how JRV feels on the subject so don't pay any attention. I am sorry if my inactivity has been a reason for your backing off romney. Sadly, I just can't play like i used to. We have promoted some new outfit leaders and I hope you will be open to working with them as well. We do really need to work on our in-game coordination all of these meetings are fine. But if in-game comms is not improving that is where we need to improve. As most have said and you have said, it blows. Horribly. I think there is some hesitation because people are afraid the in-game comms are being listened to by enemies during alerts and ops.. There needs to be a secure way to communicate in which everybody actively participates in, our in-game comms is horrendous. We are sending way too many guys to single locations, duplicating efforts.
  11. ROMNEYTRON

I still don't understand where this "ghost-capping" stigma comes from. All of what you said may be applicable if the leaders actually talked at all. What usually ends up happening is that we have TOO many platoons in a battle, which allows the enemy, not us, to ghostcap.

I'm putting aside my predispositions when I tell you this isn't how we run. We don't run AT ALL.
  12. Jrv

what

Oh I remember now, you're the guy that's always crying in command chat about how guys like me are the bio lab during an alert.

The problem here is that we're playing two different games. To you, an alert is an objective to cap as much as possible, which, fundamentally, is at the expense of combat, because the more you fight, the less you cap. I'm in the Bio Lab during the alert because I don't go to an alert to win a game of ghost capping. I go there because their are enemies to fight there, usually platoons that work at a much higher level than pub play and are much more fun to face.

When the lattice drops, there will be a fight almost everywhere, just pick your lane and start pushing. At that point, you people need to get your **** together and start coordinating tactical strategies. I'm more than willing to help out with that, it's what I do. Things like tank columns working in conjunction with MAX crashes, aircraft covering tank columns, etc. Actual strats between outfits that focus on winning the combat decisively, that's what we need.

I have no interest in what NC outfit leaders currently do with their resources, I think the whole concept is stupid, and it's not necessarily your fault because the alert system encourages this silliness.
  13. ROMNEYTRON

You're the guy who ******* about command being ineffective during alerts, and yet thinks that an alert's objective is not to cap as much territory as possible.

And btw, all of COLG was in the Biolab at one point when we were attacking it. It was our MAX crash that brought down the generators and S.C.U. Don't get me wrong, I like a good fight as much as you do, otherwise I wouldn't have almost 14,000 kills. I just understand that once in a while I might have to a boring cap for 7 minutes of our 2 hour alert.

I like the lattice idea. Because it'll take the brains out of the game and make it easier to funnel all of our troops where they're needed. I'm ready for it.
  14. KILLFACE

LOOK! HE THINKS HE'S PEOPLE!
  15. KILLFACE

I know how you think on Strategy, much of it is flawed. You've never made a constructive post in your entire time on the forums, and your not doing it now either, your just waving your arms going 'LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME'. Silence child
  16. KILLFACE

I have actually got a few ideas I wouldn't mind running past you lads. We should organize some sorta meeting and hash some **** out, though I would like to stress we should start with the absolute basics, what sorta timing suits you lads?
  17. KILLFACE

I probably got better kill streaks with a Knife on 2142 than most do with an Exosuit, K/D simply doesn't even enter into the equation for me on this game. I don't play selfish. Playing for the team is my one and only concern.
    • Up x 1
  18. WingusB

ADK and VVAR (often TLR and CASH) have had days where we have coordinated very well. Hopefully most of you where at the intra-outfit meeting last Friday. The Lattice system will indeed change the gameplay but still require strategic cooperation. ADK stopped using CC about a week ago. I can't even request specific air assistance due the bickering I had been hearing. If you wish to work with us, you know how to already through management or join the UCA channel on ADK Teamspeak 3.
  19. KILLFACE

Moderator sure was enthusiastic with editing/deleting posts eh.
  20. KILLFACE

It's always empty.