Two TR MAX observations on test....

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Hauser, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Hauser

1) Transport mode is a passive system ability. That means it will compete with MAX timer acquisition only as of now. I assume it's the same for other empires.

2) Lockdown goes into the ability slot. Interestingly, additional levels into lockdown will reduce the time to deploy/undeploy, not the ROF increase. The tooltip only mentions "vastly increased rate of fire" as benefit from lockdown.

Now, I wish they'd boost nanite repair for MAXes a bit... Using it is like watching grass grow...
    • Up x 2
  2. Dreadnaught Wrex

guess the idea is to make MAXes reliant on engineers somewhat still. I have NA5 and its still a long wait.
  3. AdennTM

I wish they would make nanite repair take 8 seconds to activate and not 15. Time I don't care that much.
  4. Tungsten

When you say compete do you mean there has to be a choice between having travel mode or decreaed timer selected?
  5. Purg

Given different loadouts, couldn't you switch to another loadout to mitigate the cooldown if you had selected travel mode with this loadout?
  6. Doggzor

Yeah good point, you could have a fully certed cooldown max, load it, then just load the max with fully certed dash each time. Unless they implement a feature that greys out the option to select load outs resulting in what ever you choose last will be used
  7. MaxDamage

HERE'S ANOTHER OBSERVATION:
    FOR THOSE WHO USE AMMO STORAGE CAPACITY, YOU WILL HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THIS AND LOCKDOWN, AS AMMO STORAGE IS CLASSED AS AN "ABILITY".

That will make any benefits to AA MAXes in remote areas pretty minimal, as ammo storage is a MUST. You don't get nearly enough ammo as an AA MAX.
  8. Dragonblood

Oh no, how can they do that? (sarcasm)
  9. Quiiliitiila

What!? You need to choose between passive timer and travel mode? That screws those of us that try and play MAX primarily. We've been calling for travel mode since forever and now that we get it we have to give up the ability to pull MAX units more than once every 10 minutes?! What gives?

Why in the hell don't they just make it a new cert line? That would open up the ability for additional certs in the future. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel screwed.
  10. Cryptek

Compete was not the word you were looking for. They are both passive certification options, because they cannot be equipped. It is in fact misleading to use that word.
  11. Ganjis

Passive systems run in parallel with one another and do not take up a slot. In early beta there was cooldown, nanite auto repair and nanite auto repair delay certs for all vehicles in the passive slot. You could cert them all up and they would all just work.

Later, in beta and since release, there has only been cooldown certs in the passive slot.
  12. GSZenith

the grass is always greener on the other side.
    sorry was to perfect, carry on.
  13. Purg

Ah. Good to know the passives stack.
  14. Brusilov [TR]

That sounds like bullsh*t to me.

There is no passive slot for MAX Units.