Two problems

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by alienprobe, Jun 19, 2021.

1. alienprobe

1. I wasnt going to say this because its so blatant im sure they will fix it, but getting stuck in the sky when using steel rain happens too much. 4 or 5 people get stuck in the sky and fall to there death.

2. At first i liked the 3 lanes during low pop. But now i can see its problem and why other people hated it to begin with. If two factions want to start a fight down the side, one faction is left ghost capping to meet them. Now i dont know about you guys but that is very boring. Would take maybe 30 mins just to get there, so i just choose to log off. The old system wasnt great either, just stuck at same 1 base all the time especially the crown. But at least there was more action. Any better ideas?
    • Up x 1
  2. Blue_Lion

You know odd, even during peak hours I do not think I have ever seen my outfit use steel rain. I have seen them pull a Bastion every day but never steel rain.
  3. alienprobe

I think coordinated outfits will just use galaxy instead of steel rain. But steel rain is very very strong in low population times when you have squads of randoms. I love it. It is more stronger than an orbital, if you can save a base that wouldnt have been saved. Or force a steal. It is very effective for its cost.

Orbital at a 96+ base would be more effective than steel rain. steel rain wouldnt have much effect on a 96+ fight. need to pick good spots.

And i think 3 lanes is better i change my mind.
  4. alienprobe

It is esamir with mutliple diffrent bases in the middle that i like + 3 lanes. Not just one singlie line down the middle +3 lanes like indar or hossin and prob amerish too..
  5. LordAnnihilator

Can confirm, I've gotten stuck after being yoinked for Steel Rain more than once. Usually in squads attempting to wrangle randoms into an "organised" platoon. All it usually does is forcefully pull me from my current fight and notch up another suicide on my already kinda bad K/D. Steel Rain needs a fix, easily, as currently it's a roll of the dice whether your entire squad makes it to the ground in one piece or not.
  6. RabidIBM

Steel rain is an interesting concept which fails on execution.

The first and most glaring problem is the bugs, but unfortunately debugging doesn't seem to be a priority. If anyone thinks that was an unfair statement then I'll put it this way: my social circle has a bunch of parents of young kids, and many of those little noise makers on legs tearing around and causing havoc are younger than many of the bugs in this game. Seriously, several bugs are old enough to have out grown yelling "NO!" 26,000 times at bed time. Therefore I think I'm justified, if not nice, for saying that debugging is clearly not a priority. Flaws are features, get used to them or find another game. I think it's because debugging doesn't make sexy patch notes.

After that is the issue of spending the blue resource. Not such a big deal to big outfits, but to smaller outfits, spending the blue is a big deal.

Then there's how slow it is. I can have a fast mover drop into enemy territory, redeploy my squad, have the fast mover drop a beacon, and drop a squad onto the beacon faster than steel rain.

Finally is the giant storm clouds. Sure they look cool, but they also announce my arrival so far in advance that there is zero chance of getting the drop on anyone.

So, don't bother crafting steel rain, just get other stuff.