Two Primary Weapons - cheat?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MonnyMoony, May 2, 2019.

1. MonnyMoony

I have just been killed by an NC character packing both an Auto Shotty (Sweeper) and and AR (Reaper).

I know ASP allows you to equip two primaries - but this player was only BR96 and ASP doesn't kick in until you are at least BR100.

This character was at an isolated base and had no access to a terminal or sundy in order to equip a different loadout (he flew into Lithcorp Central, near point A using a Valk which exploded after he landed - there were no Sundies around).

Somebody suggested there may be an implant that allows for this - but I couldn't find anything on the wiki that suggested this might be the case.
  2. Liewec123

are you sure he was 96 and not ASP 96?

it just seems like it'd be weird to take the hacking effort (and risk of banning)
    all to use an assault rifle and a fairly "meh" shotgun XD
    if someone was going to hack for weapon select it'd probably be something more impressive!
    (like a stalker with jackhammer)
    and yep an engi can have both of those weapons with ASP.

to conclude, i don't think this sounds very hacky
  3. Mercyceleste

He was probably BR96 ASP. i.e. He reached BR100+, started ASP, then got back up to BR96, unlocking shotguns as a secondary weapon along the way. It's easy to miss their ASP indicator on the kill screen. You tend to just see their Battle Rank. I've been accused of the same stuff - not to mention hacking after using Nightmare implant level 5 to kill someone and then cloak, as an LA.
  4. MonnyMoony

Could be I guess - just seemed odd. The PS2 character information website appears to be down at the moment so I can't check his profile to find out.
  5. Gibber

There's also a bug preventing spawn beacon beams from showing and maybe he swapped his loadout on respawn
  6. MonnyMoony

He didn't respawn, he killed me two or three times in quick succession without dying himself.