Two months later, no change (except less players)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeadlyPeanutt, Jan 30, 2016.

1. DeadlyPeanutt

Wow.

I stopped playing PS2 a couple of months ago after seeing no new content, severely declining player base and a general lack of attention by dev to player concerns. I popped back in today and found nothing had changed except for there were even less players during prime time.

I stated before I left that PS2 had become abandonware, or 'benignneglectware'. I see no reason to change that opinion. I'm surprised at the depth of other MMOs compared to PS2 as well as the constant stream of new content in those games.

I guess I'll check back in in another couple of months.
  2. Abraham with Cheese

Well... what other MMOFPS are out there? There are plenty of MMOs, but as for MMOFPS... literally none of this scale that I know of.
    • Up x 2
  3. Crator

It'll be ok.
    • Up x 1
  4. AxiomInsanity87

I can't hear you over the vast amount of swag i have bought lol.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pikachu

I was wondering where you had gone. I'm surprised that you expected more stuff to happen. You know enough about this game. Player base is declining, content development is p*** slow and the devs don't say much, been this way since like summer 2013. That's when I started to feel that this game isn't really going anywhere. It had a living period from launch to summer 2013, 8 months.
  6. Eternaloptimist

I'm not questioning anybody's reading of the statistics but all I can say is that I log in just about every day on the EU servers and for the last two years I still find big (48 per side or more) fights with little or no trouble. Since the change to victory points you can even find them on Hossin occasionally!
  7. Diilicious

these random people that cant play a game unless its constantly feeding them chocolates and candy of increasingly sugary and tooth decaying varieties. I find just playing the game and murdering a vast number of people with my guns tanks and planes or whatever in a giant open world with a quasi futuristic setting to be more than enough for me.
    • Up x 5
  8. Villanuk

I had a 3 months break and yes nothing has really changed but then i didnt expect it to, but im enjoying playing the game again. Im not sure if its down using a monitor now instead of a TV, but hit detection and lag seem so much better.
  9. Crator

A couple updates ago fixed some lag problems for me. In turn, I believe this helped hit detection. I suppose it's possible they fixed some hit detection issues too?

*One lag issue which was fixed is when I use an equipment terminal. My FPS would drop to 0 for 3 - 7 seconds every time. Was really annoying an no amount of in-game setting changes helped... I'm defiantly able to hit targets better as well.
    • Up x 1
  10. Villanuk

Well im more inclined to play infantry now as i can actually hit someone, without the shoot first and get shot dead syndrome.
  11. Reclaimer77

Other MMO's are mostly based on PVE. The vast majority of the playerbase? Carebears.

So they can crank out content like no tomorrow, because balance isn't a problem.

If the Planetside2 team releases content like that, people get pissed because it gives one faction an advantage over the others and makes the game less fun.

Also don't come here complaining about "less players", while telling us how little you log on and play the game. You are part of the problem shi%head!
  12. pnkdth

This game isn't for insta-grat players like you, Deadlypeanutt. Every single post you make is geared towards turning this game into every other cookie-cutter shooter out there. You can't even handle the scale of the fights by your own admission.

As for PS2 being abandonware, yeah, that's why they're working on one of the biggest updates yet and hired new people into the team(specifically for PS2). Very strange behaviour if their aim is to abandon PS2, I gotta say.
    • Up x 1
  13. Foxirus

WHAT DID YOU SAY!? BURIED UNDER SWAG
    • Up x 1
  14. breeje

i don't need big changes in this game, all i need from the devs is fine tuning and balancing what is in the game
    i don't need the ant and be able to build stuff, if i want to build stuff i will play minecraft
    all the time spend from the remaining devs need to to go in smoothing things out in this game
    it's a 3 years old FPS, the only concerns needed from the devs is keeping the players base happy with whats in the game
    and release from time to time some small new stuff to keep things interesting, they don't need to change the complete game
  15. JobiWan

I've never really got the 'less people are playing so I'll play it less' mentality. I rarely struggle to find a decent fight on Miller. Takes a while sometimes and sometimes some creative thinking, but the fun is still there to be had.
    • Up x 1
  16. MikeyGeeMan

You should try coming back in 6 since you can't tell when things change.

Hopefully we will all have fun while you aren't playing.
  17. FieldMarshall

The dev team is extremely small, (compared to a "normal" dev team) and they are probably still focused on the ant/deployable stuff.
    A while back, DBG also said they were hiring more people.
    Which could add up to slower updates/content, if it means reshuffling work/staff around.
    (But long term may also mean faster/better released content)

I could see how everything easily adds up to 2 months of "nothing" happening.

Your opinion and reasoning for it seems very shallow.
  18. DeadlyOmen

Perhaps Forumside should quit ******** about what is already in the game, and become players.

This would allow the Devs to focus on growing the game instead of appeasing crybullies.
  19. Scr1nRusher

You need to pay attention to reddit & the devs twitters & the PTS.

Big things are coming.
    • Up x 1
  20. CovertYank

Dude.

Hush.