[Suggestion] Tweak the resource system.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PasitheeVS, Nov 20, 2015.

1. PasitheeVS

Since the servers are down for unscheduled "scheduled" Patching, I have nothing else to do than writing useless forum threads no one cares about.

Anyways the resource needs some tweaking, since there are some Problems:

1. Infantry Equipment is way to cheap. When you don't mass spam grenades out of spawn rooms or as a C4 LA in a Biolab or something else, you won't run out of resouces.

2. No one cares about the Amerish Bonus anymore (because of 1.), at least it's my perception.

3. A real Cost/Use - Relation is not given.

ESFs for example are really great to farm Vehicles, Infantry or each other and have a great survivability.
    however you can pull one every 7 Minutes (4-5 with Premium) and carry resources for more than 2 of them with you.

Lightnings are pretty much free kills for MBTs, are manned with only half as many persons,
    but cost only slightly less than them.

A remake of the resource system is not needed, just some tweaking.

This is my suggestion:

1. Increase the max. resource pool to 1500. That equals 30min gametime (20 with Premium).
    The current Value has been copied from the old resource system (where you had 3x 750),
    which seemed to be totally random and brought nothing new to the game...

2. Keep the refill rate of 50/min, maybe change it to 5.0/6s (5 per six seconds) to make it become more seemleess.
    (It scks, when you want to Pull an ESF and have 349 Nanites, but gotta wait 1min for 1 Nanite.)

3. Give Resources for activity, not only for looking at the timer going down. BONUS CHECKS!
    In the past you got Resources when you got XP in allied territories, however I would say:

2 Nanites for a kill, 5 Nanites for a "small vehicle" kill (Flash), 10 Nanites for a "medium vehicle" kill (Harrasser, ESF, Lightning, etc.), 25 Nanites for a "large vehicle" kill (MBT, MAX, Liberator, Galaxy)

OR give us a "comission" of 10% the enemy paid for the vehicle (not incalculating continent lock bonuses)

Also resources for Ribbons, Caping/Defending Bases (like 5 each) could be nice.

4. Change Prices to:

Flash: 80
    Harrasser: 350
    Lightning: 300
    MBT: 550
    Sunderer: 400

Valkyrie: 200
    ESF: 600
    Liberator: 1000
    Galaxy: 700

MAX: 500

C4: 150
    Tank Mines: 100
    Infantry Mines: 100
    Frag Grenade: 50
    Sticky Grenade: 100
    EMP Grenade: 100
    AT Grenade: 100
    Flash/Concussion/Smoke Grenade: 70
    Healing Grenade: 50
    Revive Grenade: 50

Did I forget something?

As you see it is generally more expensive, but you also have more max. resources. You can chain-pull for a short time, but you will have resource problems afterwards. That doesn't mean that you have to wait for resources being AFK, you can fight for your resources. Or you're smart and budget your resources and don't waste them...

[IMG]

Do you agree to Arnold? What would you change in my suggestion or would you make it totally different?

-
  2. Nabil1998

Yes. To stop sitting on your "Enter" key.
  3. PasitheeVS

It was intended, to make it more eye-friendly.
  4. ronjahn

Not a bad idea, but with 1500 resources I feel like I would never run out. Even at 500 a pop for a max, I could chain pull three in a row even if I die 1 second after pulling it which is rare for anyone. Since I usually last at least 5 minutes, if not much longer in a max, I would always have resources, even on my worst day.

I agree that resource system needs changes, but I'm really hopeful for an Indepth change to the resource system which would include ANTs, mining, and base resources, instead of just some tweaking.
    :)
    • Up x 1
  5. ColonelChingles

Currently, here are the current costs ranked in terms of time. You get 50 nanites per minute, so you could use a 50 nanite AV grenade once per minute and not decrease your nanite stock.

EMP Grenade, Flash Grenade, Healing Grenade, Smoke Grenade, Restoration Kit- Once every 30 seconds. Reasonable, as these aren't actually directly lethal. EMP is used frequently enough, but Flash and Healing are more rare. Smoke Grenades are fairly useless given how the UBGL smoker is free. Restoration Kits are useless because most people take Med Kits.

AV Grenade, Concussion Grenade, Frag Grenade, Sticky Grenade, AV Mine, Medical Kit- Once every minute. These are really mixed up. AV Grenades are only situational against MAXes and parked Sunderers, but being lethal ought to be okay. Concussion Grenades should be reduced in price to be the same as other non-lethal grenades, with minor nerfs if it conflicts with Flash Grenades. Frags and Stickies are decent. AV Mines, being about as effective as C4, is far too inexpensive. Medical Kits should probably be nerfed (healing much less, maybe only 5-10%) and also reduced in price.

Revive Grenade, C4, AI Mines- Once every 90 seconds. Revive Grenades are probably in a good spot. C4 is probably too easily spammed. AI Mines are strange because they're less powerful than AV Mines but cost more.

I would simply have a few categories and make those options more or less equal within that category, and price those things accordingly.

Medical Supplies (50 nanites, every minute)
    Healing Grenade, Revive Grenade, Restoration Kit, Medical Kit
    Revive Grenades might need to be nerfed a bit, as would the Medical Kit.

Non-Lethal Grenades (50 nanites, every minute)
    EMP Grenade, Flash Grenade, Smoke Grenade, Concussion Grenade
    Concussion Grenades might need a slight nerf and Smoke Grenades might need a slight buff.

Light Explosives (100 nanites, every 2 minutes)
    AV Grenade, Frag Grenade, Sticky Grenade, AI Mine
    AV Grenades are included here because they're not actually that dangerous. AI Mines have also been moved here because there's no good reason why AV Mines are cheaper.

Heavy Explosives (150 nanites, every 3 minutes)
    C4, AV Mines
    Being heavy anti-vehicle weapons, these consumables should probably cost more. This cost is fairly balanced, as a Harasser also costs 150 nanites, so you can spend 150 nanites to erase 150 nanites.