TV Guided UAV with 300m Fuel Range, 30 seconds of total cover per clip, only for one faction.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by St0mpy, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Phrygen

yea this thread needs to be closed. Enough threads on this already
  2. St0mpy

dont be ridiculous, do you spend 5 minutes circling around the boonies looking for a sunderer each time you cap? no, you go with a wraith when you already know they are there. You use the rocket to find where to go on the wraith. Infact standing around waiting for a cap as long as theres an engineer around (like, when isnt there?) you can just fire 1 after the other scouting around while you wait for the cap.

I dont understand why you think its a 1 hit killer, its not, it doesnt 1 hit kill anything, it doesnt even 1 clip kill anything, oh, maybe your flash but thats hardly an achievement.

Sorry you can try and talk down your new UAV all you like, anyone denying its useful like that and not going to be used as a scouting tool is trying to make a joke.
  3. Shaolungbao

Dear SOE,

Please take note of the level of thought shown above.. Stop favoring NC; it's obviously useless and you're just giving 4th factioners an OP permanent home versus giving them options and splitting them up permanently.

Stop giving one side pea-shooters just because their opponent don't know how to use the machine gun you gave them.

Start acting like dev's... you control the variables, you have all the numbers in front of you.. create your imbalances/balances off of that.

Stop relying on un-classifiable forum users and result statistics that have pre-selection-bias built in.

for example...

NC: might have been attractive to damage ****** who foam at the mouth over the thought of CQC.

VS: might have been attractive to those that value cool, unique but situational abilities instead of general effectiveness.

TR: might have been attractive to those that picture themselves in different situations and didn't want to make large sacrifices in one area to be good at another.

MAYBE you nerfed mags when the real problem was the temptation of prowlers to focus on infantry.

MAYBE you nerfed prowlers when the real problem was base design.

MAYBE you nerfed VS/TR when the real problem was the SE warpgate NC had for so long.

sigh.. maybe i'm just talking to myself... lolz
  4. ChaosRender

I can spot a sunder coming with a sniper or ESF just as well. I guess the problem is I have never once said man if only I had a UAV I could find a sunderer. Why because I knew where is was be cause it was seem coming in or parked in one of the standard spot, or had dozens of people pouring out of it, finding it is easy killing it is problem.

And I am pretty sure a Striker 2 shot a full hp Vanguard with one shot to the rear and one to the side. And yes I consider one full clip to be one shot, the Striker was also stated has having the faster TTK of all the launchers. So yes it is hands down my favorite, While the phoenix on the other hand will be less useful than a Hawk launcher 90% of the time due to it having no dumb fire.

But you want to know the real reason I don't want a camera guided launcher because it will have to be garbage or else it will be OP. Basically it will be like most other NC thing worthless 90% time and OP in the other 10%, with people crying for its nerf. And I will continue to use my default launcher because it is simple a better around launcher than the phoenix. (unless I can get a striker or maybe a lancer)
  5. drNovikov

Soon, very soon I will enjoy precious tears dropped by oppressive terrain regime fanatics and vanu cultists! I appreciate you crying in advance.

I will blow up your vehicles even with that low DPS weapon. I will do my best to make you cry more and drop more of those yummy tears.

:D
  6. Beartornado

I could use an ESF, with or without Radar.
    I could just follow the trail of infantry from where the sunderer is located.
    I could just spawn a radar-certed flash for almost no resources and instantly know where everything is.
    I could just go infiltrator and scout the area from a high location or fire off several radar darts.

Unless I can put radar on my rocket it sounds incredibly useless as a UAV. In fact if the rocket really travels slow enough to scout out a base then it's going to get shot down instantly (yea, out of all the factions our special rocket launcher is the only one that can be shot out of the air like an aircraft).
  7. Harry Ticblasphemer

I guess all you whiny ******* didn't watch the video and are gonna start crying like ***** VS/TR do.The thing drives like a tank(literally) and if you had watched the demo you would know it will not be used for recon.Idiots!
  8. St0mpy

hahaha welcome to the NC entering to prop up the minimise our new skills campaign. Would be nicer if we could all just agree its a great scouting tool and debate the facts, not just argue back and forth how useful TR/VS thinks it is when the NC seems to think its junk ... we can all see how it works, it drives superbly and adds 300m to the users draw distance and has some real abilities the others do not.

The longer the denialists keep trying to evade the truth the longer it puts off the real discussion of how to balance it and/or how to counter it, which WILL happen, just only after everyone gets to see how OP it is and the NC denialists have no more smoke to throw.

Right now only the weapon studiers (from all factions) are getting the picture, the rest are still trying to understand their full workings and arguing about the parts they understand (or dont, but still argue). No problem there, just waiting a few more days till we all see for ourselves and rank/file users can trial and buy.

Till then feel free trying to deny how good of a scouting tool this is, we dont believe you, weve seen the dev video for ourselves and some of us have even clicked the stopwatch a few times analysing it.