Turkish language support for translators

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Serhat Öktem, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Serhat Öktem

Do you speak Turkish?
    If your answer is no? Turkey has a lot of players who have this feeling. I want to tell you, even if I knew English Turkish I want to play the game. Their mother tongue sounds better to me, this is true for every human being. Music, movies, books and similar things just do not apply to English. :)
  2. Zhakathoom

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

- Z
  3. Serhat Öktem

Dude, I do not intend to further injure people here. I told Turkish translation is wrong or incomplete. If this is difficult for them. My team and I can complete it. Will be sufficient to provide the necessary tools for us. Happened to free will and thoughts? I think people respect the right thing instead of condos. I think everyone should be respectful of the opinions and thoughts.
  4. Slash Hammer

If the opinion is "turkish is a world language" I myself find it hard to be respectful...
    But you are right in saying it should be translated to every players language and that a language once supported should not be removed. Nevertheless I really enjoy to know a language which makes me share the experience of playing PS2 with people from all over the world.
  5. PastalavistaBB

I see lots of Language specific outfits I don't really like it. It might help people that don't speak English to some extent, but it prevents them from becoming the part of the "bigger picture". I would never ever play the non English version of the game. The voice acting is pretty half-*****, (I've heard the voice acting in the German version, it's just horrible) and the Turkis players I spoke to didn't even know the name English name of the vehicles. I had to ask and guess which vehicle they were talking about. From a financial standpoint it isn't a viable idea either. LoL has a Turkish translation but that's only because it has a decent amount of players from Turkey. Planetside has few players already as it is, and all servers combined, the number of Turkish players aren't probably more than a few hundreds. So SOE shouldn't really use their limited resources towards localization.
  6. Zhakathoom

To be fair thought this guy is volunteering towards completing/rectifying a shoddy turkish translation. A translation that apparently already exist?

- Z
  7. Serhat Öktem

Yes, an existing translation had a few hours before. But not updated in any way. In addition, many of the translations were incomplete and inaccurate. Without any explanation Turkish language support has been removed. Where a manager will not even answer us. What did you think if you were in my place?
  8. Slash Hammer

I take sides with you. The worst is the translation of such as "Amp Station" or "Tech Plant". Where to go? What to defend? In mixed outfits we often help out those who don't understand something, but it's considered as agreed on to speak english or at least, to follow orders given in english.

I can't agree on this. The american female voices sound like teenager's to me while the german is an adult woman's voice (and sexy :cool:)...
  9. Slash Hammer

If you got in the game and had a turkish translation that has been removed without stating why - I would feel bad about it as well, that's true.
    But if you resist on it and if there will be a growing number of turkish speaking squads, platoons, outfits - I would be against it! It's one of the best sides of Planetside to be a multi-cultural thing which makes people group up on an idea that is far away from earth's borders. Maybe we all should learn Klingon, the warriors' tongue? :rolleyes:
  10. Serhat Öktem

Im waiting support team :)
  11. Bozkurt

Bizde diğer oyuncular gibi PS2'ye para yatırıyoruz,neden ?
    Türkçe dil desteği sağlayarak oyundan zevk almamızı sağladığı için..
    Önce forumu kapattılar,şimdi de Türkçe dil desteğini çektiler..
    Evet,bende ingilizce biliyorum ama dil bilgim bu yazdıklarımı,ingilizce yazmamı sağlayacak kadar gelişmiş değil..
    SOE aklını başına devşirmeli,aksi halde piyasada alternatif çok,hiçbir oyun vazgeçilmez değildir !

Yabancılarda egoist tavırlarından vazgeçmeli,herkez ingilizce bilmek zorunda değil.Ayrıca Serhat'ında dediği gibi o zaman Fransızca,Almanca,İtalyanca ve İspanyolcayıda geri çeksinler.
    • Up x 1
  12. PastalavistaBB

Planetside'ın alternatifi yok, işte bu yüzden bu kadar hatalı ve sorunlu bir oyunu hâlâ binlerce kişi oynuyor ve para harcıyor. Siz de bir zahmet İngilizce'yi iyice öğrenin. Zaten başka çareniz yok; İngilizceyi iyi bilmezseniz ikinci sınıf dünya vatandaşı olursunuz; sonra da böyle forumlarda derdinizi anlatmaya çalışırsınız ama dinleyen olmaz. Ben Türkçe dil desteğinin geri geleceğine %1 bile ihtimal vermiyorum.
  13. Bozkurt

PS2 diğer piyasadaki MMOFPS'lerden farklı olarak ne sunuyor ? Büyük bir harita,değişik sınıflarda araç kullanmak...Olay burada İngilizceyi öğrenip öğrenmemekten ibaret değil..Oyuncuya yapılan haksızlık ve saygısızlık..
    Ben birşey kaybetmem,SOE kaybeder,tabi ki SOE senin PS2'ye verdiğin parayla mı ayakta kalıyor diyebilirsin.Elbetteki hayır ama oyunu bırakan sadece ben olmayacağım.
    • Up x 1
  14. Serhat Öktem

Burada dile getirmek istediğimiz Planetside 2 'ye alternatif değil. Madem Türkçe destek veriyorsunuz, tam çeviri yapın veya verin bize biz yapalım. İngilizce öğrenmek kötü değil, lakin herkesin kafası almıyor veya öğrenmek istemiyor. Bu konuda insanların özgür iradelerine ve düşüncelerine saygı göstermek gerekiyor. İngilizceyi bilmemek 2. sınıf dünya vatandaşlığı derken sanırım insan ayrımı yapıyorsun. Bir insan dil bilmiyor diye 2. sınıf diye nitelendirilemez. Sizin inançlarınız sizi ilgilendirir, bizimkiler ise bizi. Türkçe desteği belki hiç gelmeyecek ama inanıyorum ki bu oyunu oynayan türk vatandaşların bir çoğu oyunu bırakacak. Zaten yaptıkları işi bir türlü doğru yapamıyorlar. Bir güncelleme geliyor 1000 dert getiriyor, bence dil desteğini kaldırmadan önce bu tür sorunları çözmeli. Belki çeviri ile uğraşacak vakitleri yok, ama bu oyundan türkçeyi kaldırmalarını gerektirmiyorda. Ben yüzlerce kez söylüyorum, eğer yapmayacaksanız çevirilerini yada yapamıyorsanız verin ben ekibim ile birlikte çevireyim diyorum. Gerekiyorsa çeviri aracı verirler eğer normal Notepad++ ile çevirilebiliyorsa vakit kaybetmeden başlarız, bitirincede önlerine koyarız. İşte bizim farkımız bu, ama burada gözlemlediğim farklı şeyler var, tabi bunları sende gözlemleyebilseydin inanıyorum ki yorumun çok farklı boyutlarda olabilirdi. Microsoft işletim sistemlerinde, Valve Source motoru kullanan oyunlarda Türkçe dil desteğini tam verebiliyorken, yeni çıkan bir kaç oyunda bile Türkçe dil desteği varken, neden SONY bir Türkçe desteği veremiyor. Girin sitesine çoğu dil var Türkçe yok. Peki neden? Türkçe dil desteği hiç olmasa bizi kaideye almasalar, en azından şunu düşünürüz. Belkide zor iş bu tarz bir oyunun çevirisi. Ama olan bir dili düzeltmek yerine komple silmeleri bence ayrımcılıktan başka birşey değil. Destek ekibine başvurdum, biz destekten buna cevap veremeyiz, müdahale edemeyiz diyorlar. Forumda anlatıcakmışım derdimi, Böyle bir oyun bu forumdaki bir adminin yetkisi altındaysa eğer vay halimize, yazık SONY 'e :)
    • Up x 1
  15. Bambasti

To be honest: I don't find it very polite to take over a thread by using a language that not everybody participating in these forums understands. We're talking English here, no matter where someone is from.

(Edit: Also you have to ask yourself if it seems reasonable that some company lets you translate their game, even if you offer this service for free, when you knowledge about the English language is that poor. The answer is: definitely not.)
    • Up x 2
  16. PastalavistaBB

True. But in some cases I had to. Some of the guys that are requesting Turkish Language Support are barely speaking English or none at all. Even the guys that are volunteering to translate the whole game aren't really proficient in English. So people had to speak Turkish in some cases. Translation is serious business and I'm not sure that SOE would want it's already bad reputation tarnished even more by a playermade amateur Translation.
    • Up x 1
  17. Serhat Öktem

I sent a private message in the forum of all the authorities. I did not get a response yet. We volunteered for this game, we are supporting Turkish. SO why does not recognize us a chance. We've been really disappointed. People are asking why the removal of Turkish support. What I'm going to answer these people.
  18. hüsrev

sattınız ulen bizi :)
  19. SagopaTR

Oyundan Türkçe dil desteği kaldırılsada biz Türkçe yamasını yaparız elbet. Ne kadar resmi olmasada eskiden Türkçe oynayanlar farkına varacak ki çok daha iyi bir çeviri oldu ve 99% luk bir kısmı tamamlandı. Yeni gelen güncellemeleride vakit buldukça oyuna entegre ediyorum.

PlanetSide 2 Türkçe Yama: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1574990585