Turkish language support for translators

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Serhat Öktem, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Serhat Öktem

Hi,

Turkish translation of the game for I want to be a volunteer translator. As my English is good, I've got 3 friends. We have the full game along with Turkish, Turks believe that the number of players increases.

Before I post a topic in the forum about it. But did not anyone interested in me. Please give us an opportunity. Language files can provide us with the tools needed to turn. Most of the translation is inaccurate and incomplete.

Thank you for your interest and concern, to wish you continued success.

Example[IMG]
    • Up x 11
  2. uykucu

inşallah gerçekleşir
    • Up x 1
  3. Smagjus

Your English doesn't seem as good to be honest.
    • Up x 1
  4. Oguska

There is already a Turkish language for this game, select it from launcher.

Current translation doesn't includes, new patch stuff.Oher things translated well.
  5. Bambasti

Nowadays a player should understand English anyways and there isn't much or complicated text in Planetside 2. When a platoon leader (who does his job well) talks in English about his intended tactics and how everybody should take part in it it's quite helpful to understand what he's saying (or writing in the chat). So especially on European servers (where you would play being from Turkey) it's important to use a common language - and everybody does, no matter how funny the accents sometimes are (I'm no native English speaker either and play on European servers, too). ;)
  6. Serhat Öktem

First of all, Turkey is not a member of the European Union. Do you know English, the other Turkish players is not working. Unfortunately, anyone who does not speak English. Turkish support has been brought to the game, but left unfinished. A lot of incomplete and inaccurate translations. Our aim is to contribute freely to the Turkish translation. I do not think the issue has to do with you. ;)
    • Up x 2
  7. Serhat Öktem

We want to do something voluntarily. But somehow the Turkish players are left constantly marginalized or irrelevant.
    Turkish language support has been removed in the game now. If this is a permanent condition?
    As I have invested a lot of players in the game will request a refund of the money. We're playing this game because it is Turkish.
    If you will not support Turkish language do not need to play this game.
    • Up x 4
  8. Zhakathoom

Hello Serhat.

I hope you don't take this in the wrong way, because I mean this as friendly advise:

Try to adapt yourself to the world, instead of adapting the world to yourself.

If you manage this it will broaden your horizon and do wonderous stuff to you as a human being.

In essence: If you translate PS2 into turkish you can then play PS2 in turkish. If you, and your fellow men, were to properly learn English you'd have a myriad of games, books, movies and information open to you.

And I'm not only thinking about Turkish translations here. It's the same whether it's German, Polish, French or Japanese. A common tongue is needed, and since Esperanto really isn't cutting the cheese anywhere I've been; English is it IMO, much thanks to the internet.

I'm not English myself, and there is NO game in the world that has been translated into MY language. Thus I had to adapt to that and learn how to read and write English. And a proper knowledge of the language has through means such as both the internet and physical travel opened up so many possibilities that wouldn't have been there without said knowledge.

So my advise to you; stop advocating translation from a "world-language", and instead advocate the learning of it. A sense of unity is what will bring us together across borders and factions and that sense of unity can only come through communicative relations. Advocate knowledge, and don't let a potential future of peace, prosperity and unity for the human race be lost in translation.

:)

- Z
    • Up x 4
  9. Slash Hammer

It's not a matter of politics but a matter of geography. Select the nearest server which, in your case, should be one in Europe...
    Btw, I play the english version as well although there is a full translation for my own language. It's a very good feeling to team up with people from Lithuania, Norway, Italy, France, Spain, Sweden, Germany, Estonia - and even some British* ;) and to understand all of them.

*just to name a few
    • Up x 1
  10. Bambasti

I agree with Zhakathoom. Playing Planetside 2 in Europe (I would count Turkey into Europe geographically) is largely about friendly cooperation with people from several countries natively speaking different languages. But while being in the game nearly everybody speaks and writes in English, at least on Cobalt where I have a character. There may be sometimes squads remaining in their native language but they seem rather seldom nor do they reach the size of a full platoon, where Planetside 2 really starts to shine, when participants start playing together as a team. With a good leader coordinating the whole thing by talking over platoon voice chat - in English. Without understanding this someone will miss a great deal of the game.

Also I believe in this globalized world every young generations learns English, no matter where they are. The only way not to lean it may be some exaggerated laziness in school. ;)
    • Up x 1
  11. Zhakathoom

I haven't learned my English in school to be honest. I excelled in English in school because I'd been playing computer (amiga) games, reading magazines and books and watching movies and crawling about the internet in various forums and communities for years before I started seriously learning English in school.

English lessons in school never was anything other than the one single place one could apply the English linguistics you'd acquired elsewhere (with great success).

- Z
  12. Serhat Öktem

I know enough english. At least enough to feed myself. But nobody here did not understand me. I and my team in turkey Turkish support for PS2 games are. Players want to be full of Turkish language support. To better understand the game and this is necessary for the participation of new players. Everyone may want to learn the language of the world. :)
    • Up x 1
  13. ELiTTR

We have to play this game in English're paying underway. I want to play the main slices maybe you oynuyos us if your native language is a language which is missing what we are removing it from the game to Turkey, which is the reason it is considered an insult!
    • Up x 2
  14. ladrex1984

I know enough english. At least enough to feed myself. But nobody here did not understand me. I and my team in turkey Turkish support for PS2 games are. Players want to be full of Turkish language support. To better understand the game and this is necessary for the participation of new players. Everyone may want to learn the language of the world
    • Up x 1
  15. ladrex1984

I want Turkish language support. oyunu türkçe oynamk istiyorum
    • Up x 2
  16. Serhat Öktem

If you have support in English only, all sites French, German, Spanish, and other languages ​​lift. In addition, in specific language areas of the forum are not deleted why? :) Only Turkish language support has been removed. This is a very bad situation.
    • Up x 2
  17. underworse

Turkish language support, I want you back..
    If you remove the Turkish language support, then remove all the other languages ​​in English only keep
    • Up x 2
  18. HunKaLesi

I want Turkish language support.Can not be read as it is written in English. Turkish is read as written.

I think the world language Turkish: D:cool:
    • Up x 2
  19. HunKaLesi

ben türkçe lisans istiyorum. ingilizce dünya dili diyorsunuz güldürmeyin beni. ingilizce yazıldığı gibi okunmayan zor bır dildir ve azını yamultarak konusursun bu bence cok komik oluyor :DD:DD türkçe özel bir dildir. yazıldıgı gıbı okunur bu yuzden oranı buranı oynatmazsın kısa ve özdür :D:D:D kapişşşşşşş you are stand .. If you're wondering what google translate:p
  20. Serhat Öktem

Friends, officials still did not explain. I think this is something done intentionally. Everyone wants the return of the amount spent.