[BUG] "tubekiller" or how they're called

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Masyaka, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Masyaka

I cant farm biolabs anymore. I just keep being murdered when inside the tube. Somebody always gets a turret and kills me when im inside the damned tube, loading my slow DDR3.

How its even possible to shoot thru walls? We've gotTHE PENTERATION update stealthy?
  2. Okaydan

Maybe don't' take the tube when the area is heavily contested? You will always be at a disadvantage when exiting the tube, because you have no way of knowing where the enemies will be while they will be aiming at you already.

Take a safe teleporter, beam up or use a jump pad and flank the campers instead.

And upgrade your potato.
  3. FateJH

Just so we're all on the same page, which tube are we discussing now?
  4. stalkish

What do you mean by tube?
    Spawn tube or teleporter?

If you're being killed whilst inside your spawn tube by the enemy then they are cheating (unless explosives & EMPs).
    If you're being killed whilst inside your teleporter room inside the bio lab by the enemy then they are cheating (unless explosives & EMPs).
    If you're being killed in the telporter room outside of the bio lab in the satellite bases thats fair game as those buildings do not have shields protecting them.
  5. BrbImAFK

There are only three ways to enter a biolab that I know of (not counting vehicle drops etc.).
    1) Taking a teleporter from a nearby base.
    2) Using a jump-pad from a nearby base.
    3) Using the anti-grav lifts to the biolab's airpads.

The only things that resemble tubes are 1) and 3), and the only one that has walls around it is 1), so I'm going to assume you're talking about the teleporter - all of which drop you into a shielded room where you can't be shot at (well... by enemies, anyway! :p ).

Here's the thing about teleporters (apparently - I've been told, but haven't tested)...... it's not actually a teleport, in that a) it's not instant; and b) instead of disappearing at A and appearing at B you actually move between A and B.... really quickly. Now (again apparently), if you load slowly enough, there's a short period where you're inside the biolab but outside the teleporter room - during which you can be shot by enemies and arrive "dead" in the teleporter room.

They're not hacking, they're not shooting through walls, it's just a straight up BUG that DBG will probably claim is a "feature", much like they did with walljumping.
  6. Eternaloptimist

When I read OP post I thought he was talking about the anti grav lift at the base of the biolab (three in a row above where the Sundy parks) that takes you up to the kill zone outdoor platform in that tasteful yellow beam. Pretty sure you can be shot while floating up in one of them and they do take a while to complete the journey.

Now I'm not so sure
  7. BartasRS

I think he is talking about that bug in Biolabs where people who lag or have potato computer spawn half through the wall so people outside can shoot them. I've seen this quite often (and shoot them :p )
  8. ObiVanuKenobi

Idk if anything has changed but a long time ago using certain biolab teleports with a slow PC you would run or appear outside of the spawnroom for other players while loading.