Trying to spawn in Planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nocturnal7x, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Nocturnal7x

This is a good game. o_O
    • Up x 5
  2. Alizona

Wat a complainer. LOL A real soldier just sucks it up, finds the closest point and holds that shift key down like the fate of the universe depends on it.

Actually, I'm probably the only idiot who runs anywhere in this game, aren't I?. :) I actually enjoy running on foot from place to place, no distance is too far and no distance really takes all that long either (if ya got all day to play hehe).
  3. EmmettLBrown

I've died, hit the respawn, and ended up on the other side of the continent because the spawn option disappeared at the last second. I feel your pain man.
    • Up x 2
  4. doombro

Your faction clearly had overpop in that fight.

You call yourself a soldier?
  5. Prudentia

The only thing that really annoys:
    Spawn
    Dead
    Crushed by Sundy you spawned at

Otherwise you can avoid that by becoming a Galaxy pilot. you will love it when ever poeple can not spawn anywhere. so many costumers.
  6. cruczi

One thing I hate about the spawn screen is if you pick a spawn location, then decide you want to first go customize your gear for a bit, the game doesn't remember your choice and you have to pick the spawn location again. Can't even remember how many times the game has screwed me over and spawned me at the "default" location because I forgot to reselect the location I had just selected.
  7. Klypto

It's worse when you double click on it, and then end up spawning somewhere random like Zurvan Pump for, well, lets see,
    NO FREAKING REASON
    • Up x 5
  8. KnightCole

My brother does it to. Hes pretty new to PS2. He still thinks running around on foot will accomplish something beyond being ESF bait. Hell, he died at Crux to this Libby as he tried to take A to B then A to C and then C back to A.....died every single time.

I redeploy everywhere. I will run to B and C then redeploy back to A both times just to avoid having to run in the open. its soooo suicide its not funny.

Only rarely will i poke my head outside and walk around...
  9. Alizona

Well when I do run between bases I always switch to heavy and grab my guided anti-aircraft missle launcher. Just in case something pops up along the way, a little fun can be had by all. :)
  10. KnightCole

When I do run between bases its in a Harasser or some kind of vehicle. I no longer foot zerg it...atleast not often, unless im with a zerg of sorts...even then..I get a tank.
  11. WyrdHarper

Today I tried to respawn to the Esamir warpgate from Amerish. I ended up 500 feet under Eisa Tech Plant.
    • Up x 5
  12. KnightCole

Lol ive tried to spawn at Hvar Tech plant and ended up at Crossroads watchtower, then I redeployed and clicked Hvar and ended up at Dahaka Amp station....no **** lol.

Ive also tried to spawn at Saerro or somewhere end ended up at Nott AMP...

Spawning is stupid in this game.
  13. hawken is better

I've always hated, hated, hated the spawn algorithm in this game. It used to be okayish back in like January/February, but it's gone downhill considerably since then.

"This empty base with a platoon of friendlies and 1-12 enemies supposedly needs reinforcements."

"No, that 48+ vs 48+ stalemate doesn't need a nudge in the right direction."

What's even worse is that 9 times out of 10, instant action will take you right back to the base you were standing in, despite the fact that the fight has long since ended. This is one of the few things that I will never forgive Buzz for; the old drop pod deploy system was a million times better. Nowadays, it's usually 30+ minutes of bunny hopping around in hopes of actually finding a fight that lasts more than 10 minutes, then finally finding a fight and getting cheesed out by MAXes and vehicle spam (lolplanetsidebasedesign). In my gloriously-important opinion, you should be able to spawn at any front line base.
  14. Thardus

I like to tell myself that it's working as intended, and it's actually a problem with the system on Auraxis, as opposed to anything actually screwed up in real life. :p
  15. Bankrotas

Next time you run somewhere, press "=". Thank me later.
  16. Thardus

I thought that was only for vehicles. Does it work on foot now too?
  17. HadesR

It's become a Meta game within itself ... The redeploy Tango

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  18. Bankrotas

Yep. And no need to hold shift, it auto sprints.
  19. KnightCole

we wanted meta...i guess we got it.
  20. Lamat

-random spawns
    -can't spawn even in the territory I'm in
    -can't spawn to an adjacent territory for some reason

Spawning is broken, and they need to fix it soon.