Trying To Get My Head Around Various Mechanics

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Wolfmanrulz, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Wolfmanrulz

Okay, so first off let me preface by saying the following contains noob questions, I'm sorry, I'm slow.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the three factions and the various sniper rifles available to them and the wiki isn't helping. I'm trying figure out the best faction/sniper/attachment combination that allows me to have a sniper rifle with 12x zoom and a silencer because I love stealth and nothing screams it like placing a tiny silencer on a 12ft barrel.

From my understanding the TR have alright damage, and accuracy but make up for it with amount of bullets they can send down field, not exactly the sort of weapons that allow for precision sniping

The Vanu have alright damage, alright rate of fire, but pin-point accuarcy that doesn't suffer from bullet drop. In fact, the V10(?) seems like my kind of weapon. Pin-point accuate, bolt action, high muzzle velocity. But their damage decreases from afar, which means that the Spectre is completely useless for my purposes

The NC have alright accuarcy, poor rate of fire, but hit like a truck. This seems to be the best for my needs, the bolt driver is good, however the "improvement", the LA80(?), has more of a reload time, and higher muzzle velocity but is funtionally the same as the Bolt Driver, to the point where I can't tell the difference between the two models, and V10.

The Choice seems to be between the Vanu V10 and the NC LA80, but both seem lacking in some respect. Am I missing something here? Or am I asking a bit too much and should just accept the the Bolt Driver is a fantastic weapon so shut up and shoot some more bad guys?
  2. Vepo

You should choose the faction you want to go, not what someone tells you to. You as a person have the ability to choose for yourself. Also silencer on a rifle with a 12x scope ... bad idea! Try it with and without and you will understand what I'm talking about.
  3. Wolfmanrulz

The thing is, none of the faction really scream "CHOOSE ME", which is why I'm going for which lets me be an absolute beast of a sniper, what I'm asking for here is the faction that has the simplest way of doing it. I don't want to put in 100+ hours of a character then find out there was a simpler way of doing it with another faction.

And point taken with the silencer, I guess if I'm a mile away, having something that reduces my range is only a hinderence
  4. Vepo

So basically you want the easiest sniper to play? Well if you want one which has no learning curve to it, then go VS. The shots don't drop, so you won't need to learn the bullet drop when shooting from long distances.

However be aware that just because they don't have a bullet drop, doesn't mean they are the best. It's the person not the faction that makes a good sniper ;)