Trouble with aiming in vehicles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Weterman, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Weterman

Please change the aim system in vehicles. It takes forever to aim accurately in a lightning. The way the aiming feels "cushiony" really makes it hard to aim. I move my mouse a bit, and I go too far. Please fix this. It's not my mouse, it's the game. I don't get this problem in other games, only planetside 2.
  2. The Rogue Wolf

It's deliberately designed that way. The turret is far more responsive in third-person view.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pokebreaker

Try lowering your vehicle aim sensitivity. Also, turn ON Raw Mouse Input, turn ON Reduce Input Lag, and turn OFF Mouse Acceleration. However, lowering the in-game Vehicle Aim Sensitivity will work wonders. It did for me.
    • Up x 2
  4. Jake the Dog

As an experienced tanker I REALLLY want 3 man tanks.
  5. The Red One

unrelated to the subjet but i agree it would be aesome to have a heavy tank where theres one person driving and using the main gun, one person using the secondary, and one more person firing out from a bunker on the tank or using another secondary
  6. Jake the Dog

But it is in a way, do you realize how much easier it would be to aim if you didnt have to worry about driving omg I'd be unstoppable...
  7. KnightCole

Yeah, aiming in PS2 has become very irritating, both with dumbfires, tanks and even LMGs.....I have hard time judging distance and drop now. SoE has put it to such a way that bullets look like they are traveling fast enough to need little lead, but slow enough that they drop faster then they appear, and also are traveling slower then you think they are.....They really have the game in an odd *** position atm.

Tanks are annoying to aim with, same thing as infantry LMGs, dumbfires to, shot goes so slow and drop is so much you gotta aim at the sun and slightly to the left to hit a target 30 feet in front and slightly to your right....

Took a dumbfire, fired it down at a MAX halfway across an AMP station, aimed above his head, aimed a little higher just ot be sure, fired and STILL hit the ledge at his feet....its like how much drop does a goddamn game really need? give me a ***** break. And I used to snipe aircraft with my Vanguard, pppffftt. not anymore, I literally cant even judge the distance anymore. I think hes so high and so far, fire and miss...ive had liberators flying right above me and cant hit em due to the wonky speed/drop system this game has atm...

Game was alot better and felt much better in 2012....now its what? shots have accelleration or something? So gotta account for drop, shot speeding up? its just ******** lol.
  8. Meeka

Nuuuuu, I love the way the Lightning aims. <3