Triple SC > Everyone has AA MAXes > ESF is unplayable

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thades, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kroktar

this sucks hard....AA was never weak and still we had tons of cry babies on the forum....Now everyone has tons of AA and people realize that they never were weak...
  2. Thades

It was implied by bPostal. Then this from Wibin - "ahahaha, the players figured out how to stop the mass air attacks, now they are all mad cause they are loosing. Guess you guys are going to have to spend points on other things now. Booo Hooo."

So I figured I might as well take care of it now.
  3. Tasogie

AAMX are actually not that easy to hit craft with, you burn ammo fast, most engies refuse to give you ammo boxes, and you have to really get a feel for leading the target by alot. Specially Sythes, cos they are so fast an their hitbox is tiny.
  4. that_darn_lurker

Last night, I saw more AA and air out than ever before on my server, no doubt because ppl were taking advantage of the triple SC and buying up all those fabled OP air and AA weapons. It turns out the hordes of AA easily beat back the hordes of air. Even the lib pilots were too busy trying to haul *** out of the firing lanes to give their dalton gunners a clean shot on anything. Good times.
  5. ShaadeSilentpaw

It is still playable, it's just not as much fun.
    Fly to target>launch a volley of rockets>fly away and repair>repeat.
    It gets pretty d@mn tedious, but it works most of the time.
  6. Esxraptor

No doubt..... but put all the doubters to rest with a simple measure

your current (primary) character name please :)
  7. Tasogie

theres a group that do that in all threads mate, postal is one of them. Just ignore it. I am just now learning to fly an it isn't easy at all. I dont think people who never fly know just how hard it is to do well in a plane. I have just now started Certing my Reaver, an I still get eaten alive by a mossi or Sythe.

Pluss some pilots I have seen do some incredible flying an get my respect simply because of how hard it is to really fly the damn things lol
  8. Thades

Sounds like a Reaver tactic. Scythes will get maybe 8 pods in and then explode.
  9. f0d

been killed by a G30 yet? no? neither have i

the problem is that AA isnt balanced against itself very well - a single AA max is more deadly than any of the vehicle based AA (G30 and skyguard)

the AA max needs toning down while the G30 and skyguard need to be made more effective
    • Up x 1
  10. bPostal

Much more civil than it could have been otherwise. In my eyes the balance has swung back over to the infantry and I don't care who, as long as Air units are getting chewed up and spat out.
    Me? I'd rather they just kept vehicles out of bases and allowed infantry a place to fight beyond just biolabs.
    • Up x 2
  11. Needin

I've been burster max for a long time but if SC cash gets 10 more of my team mates out blowing ESFs out of the sky---excellent! It will be fun giving some payback to ESF crowd. Someone else's turn to be the Vulcan in rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock.
  12. ent|ty

Good. You shouldn't be anywhere near infantry or soft targets anyway. Stick to shooting down enemy air units like you're supposed to.
    • Up x 1
  13. f0d

yeah if we had some better base design where infantry wouldnt get farmed i doubt vehicle balance of any kind would be as much of an issue as it is now
    • Up x 1
  14. Kroktar

do you realize the AA MAX loses all their combat against Ground to get the best AA?
    AA Max sucks against infantry and tanks.

But still the HA with G30 its effective agaisnt everyone...Still can fight infantry like a champ and still can use the rocket against tanks.

AA Max have cooldown,you can only jump into sunderers and cost resources...

So they should be balanced AA Max with G30? Hell no.
  15. f0d

you do realize the G30 is the tank AA right?
    nothing to do with HA

just proves how weak/unused it is when people dont even know WHAT it is
  16. Kroktar

Well i dont know all the names, But having a tank effective agaisnt everyone would make a lot of sense right?
  17. f0d

like an ESF with rocketpods but slower?
    • Up x 1
  18. BigMacDeez

What?? I'm jealous, I have to go to work most of the time.
  19. Thades

Sure. That way air superiority means precisely dick. Air can just be buzzing around dog fighting overhead pointlessly, cancelling each other out and completely without purpose.
  20. Phryne

So your lone ESF gets killed when you fly it straight into a group of AA units? What do you think happens when I drive my lone tank into a group of ESF? Welcome to balance you crybaby.

Buff skyguards.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.