Tried out the new Striker on live

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Jube, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Jube

First attempt I was on a mountain top firing at passing ESF's got 1 hit out of 25 rockets fired.

Second try same location a NC Galaxy with only a pilot lands next to me, I kill the pilot with my T-32, his buddies flying Reavers come to attack and I find that it is impossible to fire past the whale that is nesting next to me. They hover around laughing at me until they finally get tired and kill me.

Third attempt. There are plenty of folks trying out the new Flashed so I attempt to kill one using the Striker. I find an obliging Infiltrator who is trying his best to run me over. I actually got 2 hits out of out of 25. Since I was out of rockets I pulled out my T-32 and killed him.

Fourth attempt. I enlist help three of us get into a Valkyrie. Two HA's with Strikers on one side. We pull in close to an enemy Valkyrie and open fire. The rockets are so slow they never get close.

So what's the moral of this story?

In it's current state the T-32 is 100% better than the Striker.
    • Up x 2
  2. Ztiller

I trialed my Striker yesterday. Downed 2 ESFs and got 2 tank kills.

It's not good, but it's not horrible either. Biggest problem right now is how awkward it is to use against tanks.

Could use a RoF buff from 0.5 to 0.4 to begin with.
  3. xArchAngelx

So...you killed 2 ESFs and 2 tanks. Funny...your character page only shows three kills. not only that...but you fired 222 rounds...and killed 3 things?
    [IMG]

It's not good...your own words...We've been trying to explain this to Devs while the weapon was on PTS. This is why so many were upset about it going live. We knew it would be this bad. Your suggestion would do nothing to help it. You are primarily VS. Please let the TR people explain how to adjust our own weapons.
    • Up x 10
  4. Ztiller

That is Player kills, not Vehicle kills. Every time i talk to you, i have to correct these things. It's impossible for me to talk to someone who doesn't even know what he is talking about nor the numbers he is using.

Yeah, i shot 222 times. I also hit 43% of those shots, and that graph does not show if i got any assists. That's just ~15% worse accuracy than my regular Lockon Launcher on my VS main, and it's perfectly reasonable on a spam weapon.

I have never said that was good either, you guys just automatically assumed i did because i opposed your suggestion that it should be able to kill a Vanguard with 2 clips.

You also assumed that i was some sort of VS elitist pilot, despite me having less than 5% gametime in my Scythe, most of which is me moving from point A to B then bailing.

No, i wont let the TR suggest their own weapons as long as the TR have absolutely no idea whatsoever what they are talking about. Time after time i see, both you and other TRs, say things that are just straight up factually incorrect, make blatant and ignorant assumptions and make suggestions that will make the ZOE V1 seem balanced. The fact that we still have to remind you in every single thread that 100 dmg =/= 100 dmg vs vehicles proves this point exactly.

I have just as much right to participate in the balance discussions as you do. More, actually, because i have done both the math and the testing to have backing for my opinions, whereas you have not.
    • Up x 6
  5. cruczi

As per the newest patch, vehicle kills count as kills. But I'm not sure if the website reflects this change.

• Up x 5
  6. Ransurian

The playerbase is never going to accept insulting baby buffs. The weapon stats are abysmal across the board, and significant buffs are required to bring it in line.
    • Up x 8
  7. Ztiller

Then the Playerbase needs to stop complaining about sledgehammer balancing.

Oh wait, they were complaining about just that before SOE changed balancing philosophy. And now you're complaining that it's NOT sledgehammer balancing instead. The community doesn't know what they want. They want perfection instantly with no waiting time, or gamebreaking overpowered weapons, and complain when they dont get it.

I much rather prefer this careful approach to balancing, with the release of UP Valkyries and Strikers, in faavor of having to sit through OP-weapon apocalypses every second week.
  8. Ztiller

For directives and medals, yes. There is nowhere there that says it counts as a kill for the K/D ratio.
  9. DrtyRttnHkr

Here is where you are wrong, the accuracy should be as good, or the DPS in optimal conditions should be better than the competition for spam weapons. You have done the math on this, I've seen you spam it on the PTS forums. Does it have the same accuracy as the grounder? No. Does it have the same TTK as the Grounder vs ESFs with 100% accuracy? Yes. Is it balanced that this launcher is unable to kill a flash with 1 mag and all rockets hitting?

It doesn't need 0.1 sec shaved off it's RoF to fix this, it needs either more damage or something to increase it's accuracy like a larger lock on radius. Sure increasing it's RoF will increase it's damage output, but unless it's significant, it still won't compete.
    • Up x 2
  10. Ztiller

Eh, no. Obviously a weapon that gets spammed will never have as good accuracy as a precision weapon. What, you think that SMGs should have the same accuracy as a Sniper?

No, it doesn't have the same accuracy as the Grounder. It shouldn't, and never will.

0.1s shaved off the RoF translates to a 20% increase in RoF. That's not a small buff, in fact it's a really big one. But you rather focus on how small 0.1 looks, instead of what it actually means in terms of damage output. And that is why the Devs will never listen to you, because you don't actually understand the numbers being used.

No, it doesn't need more accuracy. It's not supposed to be an Accurate weapon. If you want accurate ES-weapon, then you are playing the wrong faction.
  11. Foxynet

In fact I just tested it right now and the new striker is garbage and all my friends in TS was laughing about this. We took a Valk full of HA with strikers to highlighth the sky in red ;p

Juste stop TR complaining about the old one that was very good... and give it back if it's possible.

We just need the old striker and not a "special trait coyote" that a lot of TR wanted.... and complain about it now....
  12. LenaQuin

I just wonder why the devs didnt care about all the feedback given while it was on the PTS.

There isnt any use for this weapon right now.
    - Impossible to hit anything that moves or is far away.
    - Around half the dmg potential of a fracture.

What "balancing" comes next?
    MCG down to 200RPM so it´s half a max weapon too?
    • Up x 2
  13. UnDeaD_CyBorG

20% reduction in refire time would be a 25% buff to RoF. Just saying.
    Still, it looks rather underwhelming. Not that I have seen to many so far.
    Sounds like a plan though. I'd suggest adding 5% projectile speed or damage to it, and a meter extra lockon radius.
  14. deltasquad451

Have it lock on to vehicles and fighter from across the map with pinpoint accuracy and blazing fast speed, I believe this will result in a more balanced gameplay.
  15. John4300

I am not asking for the weapon to be super-effective against air, tanks or infantry. But I am asking for the weapon to be, well to put it bluntly, worth using at all.

I have tested the weapon myself, and my own ranking for the weapon is that the idea is interesting, but as it is now the weapon is absolutely hopeless for what it is intended for. The fact it does not do good damage against tanks or infantry I understand completely for the weapon is meant to be anti-air. My complain goes on the fact the weapon is very bad as an anti-air weapon.

The issue is very simple : The weapon does not hit anything.

It is extremely difficult to judge distances to air battles to begin with. Here a slow-moving rocket does not help at all. When you combine this with the fact the missiles tracking distance is way less than one would wish, it really makes for a horrific anti-air weapon. I would choose myself a tracking model any way because it is far easier to hit with, punishes double more than if you hit Striker with -all- of its missiles, is far cheaper (or in NS case comes with tracking to ground, too) , loads faster, and still in the case of normal launcher retains its ability to be used against ground as a dumb fire weapon.

Clearly the idea of the weapon is that it has a low damage model in response to being easy to hit with even in the smallest of opportunities. This is where the issues lies. Like said, the weapon does not hit anything. And when you do not hit with all of your missiles, the damage you will be making is practically as little as you'd do by hitting the darn thing with your gun (in the case of fighters) . In the case of heavier air, which is slightly easier to hit due to less mobility, the damage is very low. And believe me, the weapon is honestly difficult to hit with even on a stationary target due to the missile drop off , hence you need to be nearly about as accurate as hitting something with a dumb fire bazooka at long distance ; in the air. The rocket also does lose its tracking property of course after the same distance normal tracking launchers would, at which distance you have huge difficulties hitting anything with without lock-on when it comes to something in the air.

I understand the damage is low if it is kept as solely anti-air, hence I would advice that the weapon should be easier to actually hit with. The damage is lower than 1x Phoenix shot and you are supposed to hit 5x shots. This means the weapon would either have to have much, much better tracking property as it right now does, or much much better velocity. Or both. That way the low damage model would be justifiable. Your damage would be bad, and you need to hit with multiple projectiles, but at least you'd hit your mark. Otherwise the damage would have to be buffed a lot because the current Striker is more difficult to hit with than the tracking models which do double the damage.

Technically it would not be a bad idea to give it a tracking property also against ground vehicles. It would be very good counter against harassers and flashes despite the damage being low. Against tanks you'd at best tickle them. But I understand if this weapon is wanted to be kept as a solely anti-air weapon. It just needs to then actually be able to be used against air.

In short : For a weapon meant to be anti-air, it needs to be able to hit air. Currently with the slow projectile, missile drop and bad heat seeking property, you would be able to hit air with a dumb fire missile launcher as easily with practice which in itself is difficult and not supposed to be done. Against tanks and infantry the weapon is bad as meant to. All in all the weapon fails at what it is meant to do, and fails at everything else, hence you are better off equipping any other launcher in possession. For this reason, its ability to hit air should be addressed and my own suggestion would be at least notable increase in muzzle velocity and possibly the heat seeking property. I understand it may not be what people want, but technically the weapon having ground heat seeking property would not be at either. The weapon is supposed to be low damage, easy to hit with, so make it easy to hit with then or else buff the damage which I would not suggest.

That is all.
  16. Foxirus

Well tough luck, because thats how SOE is going to start doing things now. Nerfs with a nuke, Buffs with a BB gun.
  17. Nogrim313

like you let us explain how to adjust ZOE, the lancer, beamer and saron? yeah....
    • Up x 1
  18. WTSherman

C85 Canister says hi. Which actually the Canister actually has improved after getting what, 4, 5 tiny buffs? IMO the MBT version could still use a little more polishing but the Harasser version is actually kind of good now (due to the Harasser's ability to get closer without getting C4'd).
  19. xArchAngelx

Sure would...you use it a heck of alot more than I do. Who better to know what needs to be drawn back and what needs to be buffed up. Just dont make it too OP :p
  20. Desann

Although I agree with you, the problem is when SOE releases a weapon and players spend MONEY on it. then the next update completely and utterly nerfs the living crap out of something you spent money on.

An analogy to this would be someone buying a racecar. Then the racing committe deems the car "too good" so they come in and swap out the engine for a total crap one making the racecar now the worst car on the track. All of this without offering a refund.

Moral of the story, nerf all you want SOE, but refund my SC if the nerf is going to be a total game changer. That is NOT the product I originally purchased. Its bad business and will ultimately hurt this game's revenue and playerbase.

Anyone, time to go enjoy the new ATV mechanics :D