[Suggestion] Traps for infiltrators

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Moonheart, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Moonheart

This is mainly an idea for Stalker, but I think that it can be used at some extent by Hunters and Snipers as well, but I think the infiltrator class could use trap-like tools, allowing them to set ambushes or perpare escape routes.

I think to two kind of traps:

Ground traps:
    They are mine-like utilities that you lay on the ground. A ground trap cannot damage the health of a target, but instead temporary weaken them with various effects currently available on non-lethal grenades: EMP, concussion, blinding... depending of the type of trap.
    As they do not kill as AP mines and requiers the infiltrator to stay near of the ambush point to finish the victime, they would have two advantages over mine: you can carry more of them at once, and they are not detected by EOD implants (because they are not explosives)

Viral traps:
    They are a kind of virus that you can infect a terminal or a turret with the infiltrator hacking tool. An opposing infiltrator can see if a terminal is trapped and clean the virus on if by re-hacking it.
    Effects could vary depending of the trap: Automaticaly spot any player using it and every spawn coming from it, increase delay between spawns (vehicle terminal only), booby-trap it so it overload and explode 3s after it's first use...

The main goal of such tools would be to provide more actions that the infiltrators could do behind the ennemy lines, using mecanisms that are already present in the game, so not requiering a lot of dev (relatively) to be done.
    • Up x 6
  2. LordDethir

Overload SCU - infil's are the only class that can save.
  3. MisterSlim

I like the idea overall, but I think the ground traps are a bit gimmicky. I like the creativity, but really, I can do most of those things by just sitting in my little corner and waiting with a grenade.

The ideas for viral traps are neat though. An AOE autospot would be awesome, 10/10 on that. The exploding terminal trap would be awesome too. Keep pumping out the creative ideas!
  4. Plastikfrosch

I love your ideas. It would be funny too, if the hacked terminal would only spawn vehicles with the half of the normal health and ammo (even if they drive to an ammotower they wont be able to get more than the half as long as they dont get that vehicle terminal fixed).

Or a ground trap that gives some kind of shock that would make running impossible for the shocked persons for 15-30sec (or slow them down like an activated overshield of a HA).
  5. ArcKnight

how about hacking and converting enemy mines to your side

they shall be killed by their own technology muahahahahaha
    • Up x 3
  6. Kubin

And THAT'S a good stuff! :p I support.

To the author: I support Mister Slim on that. Mine-like traps aren't really needed but booby traps on terminals or vehicle terminals spawning less efficent vehicles are good ideas.
  7. STR1D3R109

Id love EMP claymores, they could be great for point holds xD
  8. Moonheart

I was covering mostly the ideas of traps in this thread. I have a long list of ideas for hacking, but I'm going to put them in a different topic