[Guide] TRAP-M1 Weapon Overview

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ZoranTheBear, Mar 9, 2014.

1. ZoranTheBear

Today I looked into the TRAP-M1 Sniper Rifle. A bad sniper rifle, or average burst fire weapon?

I would like your guys feedback on my new format. And, what do you think of this weapon?
  2. Ripshaft

As far as presentation goes the format is nice and solid, though the overwhelmingly clear bias is something you might want to work on.

SASRs take quite some time (~3 months for me) to get into using and understanding, especially if you're used to bolt actions. The most fundamental practice though is to open with a headshot, just like a bolt action. The advantage with the semi auto approach is that you can almost always get 2 shots on the head before the enemy can possibly react (usually enough to down anyone - though I'm not sure if the TRAP needs 3), and obviously the TRAP provides versatility at closer ranges as well.

That said, your views are closer to the views of most players so maybe it's not such a bad thing to have the natural bias towards more simple weapons platforms. Depends what you're going for personally I suppose.

Though yeah, very nice presentation.
  3. Benevon

The problem with the TRAP is that it was released with two other sniper rifles for the other factions when it clearly isn't one itself. I have a very small amount of time with it, but the single shot semi auto damage is pretty poor while the TTK with the 3x burst in close to medium range is crazy low. Get into the mindset of it being a burst fire scout rifle with higher velocity. You can still get some good assist xp from long range with the single shot while sneaking in closer to switch to burst fire. Also, it's insanely quiet with a suppressor...like, I can't even hear myself shoot with just a moderate amount of battle noise sometimes.