TRAP-M1 Tips?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Neo3602, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Neo3602

Yesterday I bought the TRAP and I have been playing around with it for a bit ad I was wondering if those of you have used it extensively would advise on how to use it effectively and what attachments work best for you.

Thanks in advance for responses!!
  2. breeje

o my god this is the worst rifle in the game

to make the best off it use a scope 1x .2x fore grip and 2 bullets shot
    i need 200 kills to auraxium the trap but a hate to finish it
    it was really good when it came out don't know what happened to it
    • Up x 1
  3. pnkdth

Get used to switching fire modes. 3x for 30m and closer, 2x 30m+. I mostly stick to x2 shot though, as the 3x makes it much less accurate.

Never engage in CQB.

Use darts/sensors to ambush. Avoid fair fights.

In other words, play like you would with a scout rifle, and the close range sniper rifles.
  4. K2k4

Watch Mustarde's TRAP video. Emulate his abilities. Please take note of his positioning and distance to target.

5. Crayv

Well I would say "Don't use it" but I'm guessing you are trying to Auraxium the thing.... good luck.

Only thing I can say is, never get in a direct fire fight while using it. Soon as someone starts shooting at you: run for cover, as your chances of winning a direct fire fight with the thing are slim.
  6. Reccettear

TRAP-M1 Tips?

does PS2 have a refund system? use that.

Edit: okok, you propably knew this wouldn't become a pony ride. think of it as a scout rifle is what i've read.

from a mathcraft point of view, a 3x burst into the head will drop almost everyone.
  7. Akaran

3x boost, and forget about going for anything at range. You'll be tempted to use it like an SMG, and spray and pray, because in order to actually hit someone, you need to be at SMG range. Tip:

Don't.

Controlled bursts are the key. Don't even think about going at anyone head on, because 9/10 times, you won't win. Get in as close as you can, aim for the head, and pray. You aren't using this like a rifle, either - think of it as the repeater pistol, only longer and uglier. If your target doesn't go down after three blasts on the 3x, move, reload, and pick another target.

Good luck on it. I've developed a deep-seated loathing for this gun, and once I finish Aux'ing it, I'm never putting it on again.

Personally, for what it's worth, I'm using the forward grip, the 2x mag scope, and a surpressor. The latter is what made the weapon viable more than anything else - if you're not being heard, it gives you precious time that you'll need to land more shots.
  8. DFDelta

Stay with the x2 burst most of the time, act like you would with every other scout rifle.
    Only use x3 bursts if you're forced into close range for whatever reason. I pretty much use it as some sort of travel mode while running from cover to cover.

Never use x1 fire mode, x2 bursts are pretty much just as accurate if the range is not completely unreasonable and twice as strong (doh).

I use it with a 3.4 scope and foregrip... I think... (would have to check, but I'm at work right now)
  9. Akaran

One thing I did/have noticed is that it it really, really hard to land a shot on this thing while moving. The recoil is just that bad. If you can stand still, you have a much better chance of landing the shot (and getting killed, but it's a tradeoff).
  10. Lychwood

I agree with Akaran except that I actually like the weapon sometimes.

My setup is 2X scope, Foregrip and suppressor and 3 shot burst as well. I find that as a suppressed weapon it is much better than the SOAS-20 where you have to choose between being effective an noisy or getting killed because your shots don't hit as hard. Plus the SOAS is bloody noisy even when suppressed. Not that I dislike the SOAS, as that has its own niche too.

Importantly I recommend this only for outdoor fights between bases, especially the open hills of Indar, take inside at your own risk.
  11. OldMaster80

That's the only configuration worth. The TRAP is a crappy rifle, it works well only with the 3 shot burst mode and only in close quarter. In mid / long range fights it's basically useless.
  12. Sneakle

I use laser sight 2x scope and surpressor for most parts and it works fine. I'd surgest trying the difference when using foregrib and laser sight. I like the bullet spread better without foregrib, at least for the way I use it.

I use the Trap-m1 in CQC to medium range and mostly in 2x burst. Head shots are easy enough in CQC with 2x burst and give more flexibility than 3x burst. If I know they are just round a corner I may switch to 3x. Again 2x gives more flexibility if you need it and you generally do.

Not using a surpressor is a bit odd as the bullet velocity is already good without it meaning putting it on wont reduce it too much. Surpressor on the Trap-m1 is a beauty as it's very silent and therefore good for CQC and medium range. Dont sit still using it but run about. And for most infil gameplay dont run directly into a bunch of enemies, choose your battles a bit more. I like it but in some situations you will be out gunned especially against HA with a fresh shield to pop when they meet you.

3x burst is only good for very CQC where you can hit the head in one shot. 2x burst gives you more chances of hitting if some moves about which kinda almost happends all the time.

ADS for medium range before shooting.

Now while I can use it and kill I think it takes a little time to get use to. You need to manage the recoil by your self and try for those headshots.

I'd like one bullet semi auto to be automatic if I could change it. I'd also make the burst mode fire faster pr burst, not the time between burst but the time it takes the burst to finish. It's a tad slow especially the 3x burst. It would make the weapon more usefull on medium and longer ranges for sure but not overpowered.

I'm at 700ish kills with it and will eventually get the aurax medal. It's not for all situations but I kinda like it except for a few downsides
  13. Brad seven

wait for soe to fix the piece of rubbish and then use it.
  14. Biddion

The Trap is not a bad gun; it is just bad in your hands. You are not responding to the topic if all you do is comment to complain about it.

As I find it, it isn't a snipe rifle, and I think most people can agree with it. It does play more like a scout rifle. My suggestion is to use it when defending (but not with the enemy inside your base ) and to be to the left or right of the main battle line. One shot, I will agree, seems pointless, and although I usually keep in x3 mode, you may find success in a double burst. Keep targets 25-50 meters away. It's hip fire is fairly poor. Thus, I tend to keep a x4 scope on it and rely on my pistol when closer.

I agree with this:
    and this:
  15. AgentRed

The trap isn't every good as a sniper rifle it should have been made as a scout rifle instead. It is only good at medium range because if you are too close your going to die and if you are far its like throwing vegetable at a fat kid it won't like it.They will just walk away from it or come to kill you.
  16. Booface

It's not a sniper rifle, it's a scout rifle. If you don't believe me, check its classification next time you're in-game. Personally I think it compares pretty favorably to the SOAS-20 whenever I've used it, and does better silenced (at the appropriate ranges).
    • Up x 1
  17. Shaggath

it's a powerful scout rifle.

Put a silencer stay in 3x burst put a little 2x reflex and a foregrip.

Flank and enjoy.
    2/3 shoot to kill a guy one if you use emp.
    If you control fire when you shoot you can group 3x rafale in single point at mid range and kill in one headshoot.

Try hard the weapon she's really powerfull.
    2x burst is just to support fire at long range.
    I have auraxium this weapon quickly with big frequent kill streak.

It's the best weapon for silent kill and decimate a team.
    i love to see the chicken run effect when they try to find you at close range.