[Suggestion] Trade Sidearm for extra utility?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Nambu, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Niric

I think if they have us a high tech - closed view scope range finder tool of some sort that required us to put away our weapon - that would make it a valid risk trade. Spot out loud, or spot silently while lowing your defenses. Both imply a high chance of flanked death from any pursuer.

But back to my other idea of assisting HA with lock ons-- It would be great if HA had a rocket launcher attachment/upgrade that would allow you to do the lock on to a vehicle using that same range finder tool. It would notify them you have the lock and they can just fire the rocket from behind cover upwards while you retain the lock until it hits the target. This would allow you to use your jump pack to find ideal cover and vantage points an HA can't but at the same time putting you at risk instead but from safer and less obvious cover.

This would give us a very valid team roll as well as allow us some type of ability to combat armor and/or aircraft. It would be powerful, yet it would 100% require coordination with your squad to utilize it and it would encourage team work. Things this game needs to reward people for doing.

HA and LA would be a really cool duo vehicle hit squad this way. Add LA's C-4 and engineer's tank mines and ammo boxes for more rockets to the mix and it would really help tip some favor back into the hands of the infantry during armor rushes.

-Niric
    • Up x 1
  2. Iridar51

Hm, I have to agree on this. Nice thinking =)
    All that's left now is to somehow commune your idea to devs.
    Added: I don't wanna sound like a never satisfied ****, but I this scheme assumes too much.
    For it to succeed, LA have to have this marker thing unlocked and equipped, heavy must have this rocket launcher attachment unlocked and equipped. This is fairly easy to organise in outfit, where you play with pretty much same players most of the time, but this idea has no room for common or casual players. It would be more viable, maybe, if Heavy's rocket launcher didn't need new attachment for that...
  3. undeadsapir

lol, LA isnt weak at all, i find it far supirior to HA in any way other than tanks...
    my best moment as LA was in the tech plant capture point, going 1v1 against a HA, we both shot eachother a bit and covered in the opposing sides of the room, then i jet'ed above the wall and killed him from behind, god i wish i had that on video to show anyone saying LA is weak..
    then again, it makes me wonder what the devs have in store for us when they buff LA
  4. Iridar51

The car is only good at race, as it's driver.
    Making statements like HA > LA or vice versa is stupid, because classes don't play PS2, people do.
  5. Stargazer86

*Sings the "PS1 had a much better inventory system song"*

Look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my backpack's complete?
    Wouldn't you think I could kill, well, kill almost anything?
    Look at this gear, weapons untold! How many wonders can one soldier hold?
    Looking around it you'd think, yeah, he's got everything!

I've got grenades and gadgets aplenty.
    Though I wish I could hold a few more.
    You want AT mines? I've got twenty.
    But know what?
    In PS2.
    Customization is poor!

I wanna carry two TAR's.
    I wanna bring nothing, nothing but C4!
    Planting them on those..., what do you call them?
    Oh yeah, tanks.

With set classes you don't get too far.
    If I brought more rockets I'd be killing, winning!
    Mowing them down by the...what do you call it?
    Right. Ranks!

Up where they chose! Their armor to run!
    Up where they could replace their main gun!
    This isn't free. It needs to be.
    Like Planetside One.