Tracking Friends.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yaesu, May 13, 2014.

1. Yaesu

I've looked at several places on the internet but can't find the answer. Short of messaging or inviting a friend to join a quad, is there a command that will trace people on your friend's list? The continent/location...etc? Being guilty myself, in the heat of battle, there's been several times I've missed when people have messaged me. I've messaged people, even my brother, and wouldn't get replies because they would miss it.

If there is no suck command, I sure wish SOE would add one. That or just show their location right on the friend's list.
  2. Prudentia

best typo ever :D

In generel it would be prone to abuse to TK people.
    But i'm still awaiting a feature to mark squadmates like you can objectives. MAX teams would be so much easier.
    • Up x 5
  3. Yaesu

LoL! *Whoops"..."such" LoL
  4. Tommyp2006

No, and it's probably a good thing that you can't track them, because you can have friends from different factions.
  5. KenDelta

Tracking would be nice , Would love to stalk my Frienemies(Friend-enemies)
  6. Yaesu

No no. Tracking friends of the same faction. By toon names...etc. Apparently there isn't a command, then. Wouldn't mind seeing SOE add their locations onto the friend's list.
  7. Elrobochanco

Would be nice enough if it color shifted peoples names (of any faction). Because lets face it, the font for the nameplates is terrible to actually try to read in combat even when you are up close and personal.

And while it would be some UI work, I wish you could see where friends were, say down to the base on same faction players, and down to the continent for other faction players.

Neither of those would radically change things or let you hunt, just more actively know where the community you belong to is. Since plenty of people have friends across factions and like to fight groups/people they know will bring an engaging time.