Trac-5 S

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yaesu, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Yaesu

Picked up the Trac-5 S about a month ago. Like it for the grenade launcher you could get with it. If I remember right, it was like 1000 certs, plus whatever for the grenade launcher. I really liked it!

After last weeks patch, this gun is now JUNK! I rarely take down anybody now. Almost the entire 40 shots and they will not go down. Good chest/head area shots to. I get wasted before I take anyone down, and from the death report, their life is hardly touched??? What the heck??!! I talked to 2 other people who have this gun and they are saying the same thing. Is anyone else seeing this?
  2. sustainedfire

It was always junk, in my experience. The attachments were fun, but the actual gun was piss poor.
  3. WyrdHarper

The gun stats haven't changed in that time; however, there have been a lot of hitreg issues with the servers over the last week, which cause more issues for low RPM weapons.
    • Up x 2
  4. sustainedfire

The most efficient use of the T5 S, is to get the smoke launcher, and NV scope.

As you already noticed, getting more then 1 kill with a magazine can be a challenge- Use TRAC5 S to smoke out enemy positions, and then pick off lone wolfs.

It can be a useful weapon (with the smoke launcher), when enemies are approaching and your team needs a moment to position for defense.
    • Up x 1
  5. Paperlamp

Its like a Solstice' stopping power with the accuracy of a Lynx, what's not to love?
    • Up x 1
  6. Tuco

How comical how you could have a rapid fire grenade launcher in PS1, and fill up your inventory to your heart's content, and it was balanced just fine.

But a PS2 grenade launcher has to have a severe radius reduction nerf, requiring you to basically hit the target square in the chest to do anything, because it has infinite ammo with the ammo pack and low TTK.
    • Up x 3
  7. Astraka

I think the Grenade Launcher attachment for the S variants could use a bit of a buff honestly to make the gun more viable. The kill only on direct hit is perfect, but I don't think it would hurt to roll back some of the previous nerfs to its drop or its activation time so it could actually be usable again.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bankrotas

That it's not Solstice SF
    • Up x 2
  9. Paperlamp

Fair point haha.
  10. Flavo

Honestly, yeah. SOE have a bad habit of nerfing everything at once instead of examining the root of the problem. In the case of the UBGL it was simply engineers spamming them and racking up kills with the splash damage and people getting frustrated by the dreaded noobtube.

Requiring a direct hit for a kill was the perfect change but if I recall correctly it's among the last changes they made. So all the nerfs before that kind of bring it down to a level where nobody feels like it's worth it. If I could change only one thing about it I'd probably remove the activation dead zone.
  11. Stargazer86

What? The Trac-5s is a great gun. Slap a compensator and foregrip on it and you've get a solid mid-range carbine.

The UBGL, however, is utter crap right now and needs a buff. Why in the world do you have to HIT someone with a grenade to kill them? That is not how grenades work. That is the complete and utter antithesis of a grenade launcher's purpose. It's not a sniper rifle. It's not a shotgun slug. It's a grenade.

Reduce it's damage by 1/2 to remove any possibility of 1 shot direct kills. Vastly increase its radius so it's actually useful at its intended purpose, namely hurting large groups of enemies. Lower it's arc and give it a boost in range. Remove the ability for Engineers to resupply UBGL grenades.

Now you have an effective weapon to use against groups of enemies instead of a stupid, unwieldy, two-round sniper rifle.
    • Up x 1
  12. Leftconsin

I Auraxed the Trac-5S basically on the UBGL alone before it's last nerf. Spamming that puppy in a bio lab was genuine OP. I liked the fact that it was a little harder than the old fashioned bullety type attacks, but the reward for a little practice was too high. I think the grenade launcher right now is about where it should be in terms of power level considering it's spammability in tight spaces.
  13. Astraka

It reminds me of the Heavy's rocket launcher. Some splash damage, but only OHKs on a direct hit. In the scheme of things this is fine.

The problem I see with it though is that it is almost impossible to use any more. The drop is incredibly severe so you can't really use it at medium range, but because it also has an activation time you can't really use it at short ranges either. Add to that the requirement for a direct hit, and the attachment loses all draw - using the UBGL simply isn't worth it compared to slapping on a forward grip and simply shooting them instead.

The Shotgun attachment is in the same boat. It is a cool idea in theory, especially if you use a Compensator and thus have poorer hipfire... but it just doesn't work as well as I think it could.
  14. Aidoc

I tried the grenade launcher in VR and it wasn't killing on direct hits. I'm assuming it's because dummies don't take splash, and it does one hit players? Also something that made me really want to try grenade launchers, from the wiki "The grenade launcher has an alternate firing mechanic that pitches the grenade launcher back into a artillery style delivery". I was really eager to try it out and just artillery people over hills with an engineer but it doesn't seem to have an alternate firing mode. Was this an old removed feature and the wiki's just outdated?
  15. Clapeyron

the "equip attachment" command is crappy as hell to... my biggest complaint about the -S versions actually.
    If I can't switch efficiently and RELIABLY between the primary and attachment, then it's useless
  16. Yaesu

I'm with you. I like the launcher but compared to someone tossing a grenade, say into a room? The launcher is pretty poor. I've literally been standing some 5 yards in front of players, blasted them square in the chest, and not have them go down. Instead, they waste me, because reload speed, or changing to bullets goes so freaking slow. From what I see, there is absolutely no, or nil, blast radius at all. Not the same for a hand tossed grenade.
  17. OldMaster80

Yeah the problem started when some pretended the ugbl to be resuppliable by engineers. When the spam started devs were almost forced to nerf grenades...
    They should buff range, decrease direct damage and make it such that it cannot be resupplied.
  18. ackerx

I'll only agree on remove the ability for Engineers to resupply UBGL grenades and only can carry 1 grenade.Because they already nerfed UBGL damage before and this is why UBGL sucks now.

"Blast damage reduced from 1275 max damage at 0.1 meters to 700 max damage at 0.35 meters" from old patch.
    1275 max damage is ridiculous that I think everyone can agree. But 700 is too low. Why not make it around 900.Also UBGL damage is needed for LA to wipe a squad IF you NEED to capture A.You can't just throw a grenade or C4 because you will die before it EXPLODE.