Trac 5: Grip or Laser Sight?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by IberianHusky, Aug 15, 2014.

1. IberianHusky

So I just started using this weapon since I aurax'd my Jaguar, and I'm wondering if I should be using a laser sight instead of a grip, which is what I am currently using.

So, which is better?
  2. Iridar51

Myself, I auraxiumed the TRAC 5 with laser sight. Never really felt the need for the Forward Grip, still managed to have 31.6% accuracy. I don't know why, but TRAC 5 just seems to have extremely effective hip fire even with just the basic laser sight.

In close quarters it is preferable to hip fire, because of the 0.5x ADS. A healthy balance between DPS and RoF, and high DPM ensure that even if you miss some of the shots due to hip fire, you will be able to dodge incoming fire and simply outlast the enemy spraying bullets all over, trying to hit you.
  3. PastalavistaBB

Foregrip for ALL TR weapons, because #HorizontalRecoil. At least, that's what I do.
  4. Bankrotas

In the end, if you're using LS on Trac 5, it's just a downgrade from Trac-Shot. Much depends on your playstyle though. ADS more than often and you're getting more benefits from FG than LS and vice versa.
  5. Iridar51

^ barrel attachments. Just saying.
  6. IberianHusky

While I do ADS most of the time, usually it is in fairly close range where a grip may not matter as much, so I'm wondering if a Laser Sight would make the weapon more well rounded. When I play LA I avoid mid-long range engagements.
  7. reydelchicken

I'd put a forward grip on it, the hipfire COF is great out of the box, and with a grip it makes the weapon much nicer to use at 40m or so.

If you do hipfire more than you ADS though, than the grip won't benefit you much.
  8. NCDaniel

Even with no attachments it's still a great gun. Laser would be my first choice.
  9. Fellgnome

TRAC-5 benefits a lot from a grip since it reduces both horizontal recoil and reduces the right angle pull which is quite bad with no grip. I think if you want good hip-fire you might as well just be using a Jaguar, too. The main thing TRAC-5 has over Jaguar is better velocity and lower horizontal recoil, both which make it more focused for ADS.
    • Up x 4