Trac-5 Burst

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Corvus Corax, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Corvus Corax

After hearing good things about it and watching Reinfear's videos I decided to pick this up. I'm running flash suppressor, HVA, grip, and 3.4x chevron. I do pretty well with it, I can pull in good killstreaks of 5-15 fairly consistently. However, one issue I have is that I'll either rip through the enemy in no time flat or it'll take me forever to kill one guy, all at roughly <50m. Any tips from practiced users out there?
    • Up x 1
  2. Iridar51

Long time ago last I used TRAC 5 Burst, and I don't recall having this issue.

However, I did have this issue with Hailstorm that I've been using recently. Same as for you, some enemies would just take abnormal time to kill, and not necessarily HAs. However, in retrospect, in all cases I was spraying without much regard for accuracy, so I just assume I had a lot of misses against a nanoweave user. Or maybe occasional lag mucking up hit detection.

So it's not really a weapon's issue, but rather game's issue, or user's issue, firing without letting the gun settle and regain accuracy. So just remember how Cone of Fire works, let it reset for maximum accuracy, and kill away.
  3. repairtool6

Might just be your pre-aim is a few pixels off, then all of the rounds in the burst go off target. Then you squeeze off another burst before correcting aim, so another burst is also wasted?

With the bursters you ideally do less "while-shooting-correcting" and more proper aimpoint placement before pulling trigger.
    If that makes sense

Or might just be lag and bad framerates?
  4. Corvus Corax

Nah, no lag/framerates, I can pull a consistent 40+ even in 96+ with shadows turned off.
  5. Tommyp2006

From my auraxium run with the Trac-5 burst, what I remember most, is that the COF rng and recoil on each burst will either work amazingly with you or get you killed