[TR-VS-NC] Assassination on Amerish, Friday, 7pm - 9pm PST

Discussion in 'Helios (US West)' started by SgtCharlesZim, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Vohk

I want to apologize for not having a stream going there. We had a few hiccups leading up to the event, including my and Zim's internet connections, and I ended up the VIP at the last minute. We'll try to ensure that gets sorted out for next time!

Big thanks to the VIPs and everyone else who came out! Looking forward to seeing you guys next time. Oh, and congrats to the VS!
    • Up x 1
  2. NytDragon

No worries. We had to make a last minute switch right before as well... to .. well... one of our most "fun" and imaginative members. Here's a clip on one of the initial encounters with EXE at Mani:

http://www.twitch.tv//bliss72/c/2058870?utm_campaign=archive_embed_click&utm_source=vast-outfit.com

Yoxn pretty much role played the entire night.... acting like a crazy presidential leader making comments like, "I need to go to Eisa for an important meeting there!"... and so off they went.

So, he, and his bodyguard squad, were all over Esamir... engaging and retreating the multiple platoon engagements... depending on Yoxn. Fun time, and definitely not a serious VIP event from that perspective. lol
    • Up x 1
  3. TehGrimZa

Ok, so after I woke this morning it wasn't rendered right. Re-rendered it and got it uploaded. Right now its letter boxed badly think its because its still processing. Anywho, here is the link :

Enjoy!
    • Up x 1
  4. Cupbearer

The concept sounded like a TON of fun... the execution of this one was meh... Not as good as the other 2...

Maybe we should try not to warpgate the opposing factions in the minutes leading up to the events? It made it extremely hectic getting everyone on the same page for starting. Especially when the TR (the organizers) were the ones late and warpgating everyone else?

I will admit there was definite chatter about whether this whole thing was just an elaborate hoax to be able to try to capture a continent? After assuring everyone that that certainly wasn't the case, a late start along with some last minute changes didn't help get this one off the ground cleanly with the same buy in.

I would think next time it would be good to have a single twitch account or radio account of what was going on that we could all listen to as the events were unfolding. Someone who could "report" on what was going on with all 3 of the factions objectively. It will greatly increase the interest as well as the participation of some of the periphery outfits in the event. We were running containment with some hunting squads, but it was too hard to see if we were even hunting in the right areas.

It sounds like the TR VIP role playing the event would have been a blast to hear, for everyone. Also, some way to know what the score was on an ongoing basis during the event and not just a tally at the end.

Anyways, thanks for hosting the event EXE and putting forth the effort in the community to even try something of this magnitude... Please don't take the above comments as anything other than constructive criticism, I'm sure ADK will be present at the future events as well representing the NC :)
    • Up x 1
  5. kaptinkrunch88

My little crew was there and we had some memorable moments. Everyone had a good time but we had no clue what we were supposed to be doing to help our VIP. In fact, we had no clue who our VIP was. JENK Squad made me drink heavily lastn night. Thanks JENK!
    • Up x 1
  6. JENKMAN

Holy crap those were the most intense and fun battles I've ever had on esamir. Our platoon was on almost the whole day also keeping the TR down, then you mofos show up and start spoiling our cap. Lucky we had other outfits notice in time but I noticed you guys were about to cap indar to XD tricky but no dice for those guys trying to spoil some out-of-indar fun. I got so drunk as well my friend and im glad to play against guys like you who don't become bitter or hateful about dumb ****

I look forward to our next encounter, probably on esamir XD cause god damn it if we don't cap it early

btw just to let you know, whenever we cap a continent, we always organize a flash race for fun. Next time we do, or if you notice it, send me a tell lol we like a little shenanigans to keep the races intresting
    • Up x 1
  7. ComradeCoolidge

The TR almost capping Indar seems like it's a direct result of no other TR outfits participating in this event.

This was by far my favorite Esamir Op so far and it followed the week after my favorite Amerish Op so far.

Helios, we are on a roll.
  8. ROMNEYTRON

Fun stuff. We had no idea who the VIP was, but COLG's 2 platoons were mostly at Nott, Eisa, Saerro Listening Post. Vanu platoons were really the only enemies we faced. Shame, cause I was really looking for EXE :D
  9. TehGrimZa

So on my event video it was all squished, so youtube has a ongoing issue at the moment, had to add yt:stretch=16:9 into the tags and now my videos shown here again,

is now viewable without it being squished... what a pain in the add to find a fix for that.
  10. Escorge

We were actually warpgating you guys, attempting to cut off your territory, at two stone beach.
  11. ROMNEYTRON

So that was you guys? I remember getting cut off for about 5 minutes about halfway through. NC had decent territory at that time if I remember correctly.