[TR-VS-NC] Assassination on Amerish, Friday, 7pm - 9pm PST

Discussion in 'Helios (US West)' started by SgtCharlesZim, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Recce

Thanks for the heads up, BAST*ARDS will let our members know to be there.

From Dear Leader:
  2. kaptinkrunch88

TUBB will be there. Has WAR decided to jump in on this one or are they still short of officers?
    • Up x 2
  3. NytDragon

I'll announce the VS VIP here and in-game right before the event and also a stream to watch.

Hiding VIPs would defeat the purpose of the event being fun. Personally, I'd like to see how many VIP kills our VS VIP can get, which means that we'll be paving the way for this to happen.
  4. Escorge

EXE Drunk division will be there!
  5. Generlpainass

6. TehGrimZa

I'll let yall know now, that for the NC, I will be the VIP gunning out the other VIPs for tomorrow night, and we should plan out areas where fighting should be focused, so that it makes for a very chaotic time.
  7. Riekopo

8. NytDragon

Unfortunately, it appears that our streamers may not be available for this event. If another VS outfit attending the event has a twitch.tv streamer with delay available, please contact me. Thanks.

We'll have a stream tonight. Details coming later.
  9. Winky

I'll try to get DPSO involved.
    • Up x 1
  10. Hans Guderian

Still need any VIPS? I have one guy "wisey2" getting ready to stream.
  11. JENKMAN

I have to say, that was one of the most intense battles at esamir I've ever participated in. It was beautiful and glorious. Especially the fight for the MANI bio lab as well as pushing back the NC offensive. JENK SQUAD will continue to make a name for itself in the days that come after this
    • Up x 1
  12. NytDragon

13. NytDragon

We tallied (anyone get anything different?):

NC: O points TR: 3 points VS: 7 points
  14. TehGrimZa

Seems about right to me, I didn't see any VIP's the entire time.

Next OP that is planned like this we need to around areas of fighting, so that we actually see the VIP's. I just kept going to the areas of where a PLT was. Perhaps next time around 3-6 territories were fighting should be concentrated allowing for more epic battles and sightings of the VIP
  15. NytDragon

Perhaps we always have a VIP in these events, but not make it "THE" primary event. All of the VIPs should be streamed with a delay, they don't have to be the one streaming, but should be in the stream.

For example, when we go back to Amerish... w/e the event is, even if it's continent capture, we also have the VIP.

At the end, we pulled a bunch of sunderers with the VIP and headed to Eisa.
  16. SgtCharlesZim

I haven't had a chance to figure it out myself. Unfortunately, about half way through the op my game crashed and when I went to restart the launcher itself wouldn't open. I'm currently about 60% through a reinstall at this point. My apologies to everyone that was trying to contact me.

We're definitely going to need to re-examine the game mode. It's good in concept, but getting people to actually run into each other is a bit counter-intuitive to the game as a whole. We may need to combine it with the King-of-the-Hill to focus the combat into one area. The next op will be a king of the hill, but probably won't include the assassination until we can work out the kinks.

Thanks again to everyone that showed up!
    • Up x 1
  17. Xeenos

18. JENKMAN

FREEDOM COMES AT A COSTLY PRICE MY NC FRIEND.
  19. Recce

Posting this up from our Clan Leader, AceRimmer

The Bast*ards were Front n Center supporting the VIP wherever he Assaulted, and we'll be there next week, Was a fair few fun fights there, though a few too many that were too easy for my liking, though maybe I'm just used to being outnumbered and grown to enjoy it. I was about to suggest same thing actually Grim, we need to focus on a few different areas, there is a few fun area's around the Center of Amerish for example, the Mountain Top Fortress's near The Bastion look like they'd be fun in theory but I've never had much of a chance to test em out in a pitched battle, I know Indar like the back of my hand but don't fight as much as I'd like on Esamir or Amerish as there's rarely anything to shoot at, I'll volunteer to help scout out some entertaining battlegrounds if you need a hand, or indeed, you need help with anything in regards to organizing events holla at me, I'll even draw up some Propaganda Posters or something. I'm gonna add these events to my Steam Group and Forum Calender so the lads get reminders n whatnot, we'll be there regularly, you'll find us where the explosions are.

Some of my favorite moments of that sesh was probably the rolling battle towards Mani Bio Lab, we just finished conquering a joint and the enemy had some Sunderers up behind a Mountain Ridge and there was a lot of Infantry laying down fire, me n the Lads flanked em and helped push em back, fighting our way to that Bio Lab was very enjoyable even if taking it was easy. That sesh was worth it just for that fight I reckon.
    Another thing that was pretty awesome, I got literally about 70 Certs from a Strategic Sunderer Deployment, originally the Plan was to Garrison it so the Zerg had a Beachhead to move out from but the Zerg seemed to like camping on Open Ground so we ended up moving up and taking some surrounding Buildings and eventually pushing into the main facility.

See you next week lads.
    • Up x 1
  20. TehGrimZa

So I recorded about 35 minutes of footage, rendering it all now should be done in the morn and I'll have a link posted for it here as well. Decent footage, its all in raw format with very little editing, just sped up a lot of the footage that I thought wasn't interesting but still left it in there for continuity. Great time, Zim sorry to hear about the game totally crapping out, that is a shame. Next week, looking forward to the event!