[TR] Suggestions for a CQC weapon?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Asclepius, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Asclepius

I'm looking for a suggestion for a CQC weapon. I feel that the T1 Cycler isn't good enough for close range battles. I like it for mid-long range. I've heard that the Cycler TRV is good choice or the TAR. Any suggestions?
  2. Arcanotechnician

The TRV is an awesome weapon. Put the advanced laser on it and go to town.
  3. asdfPanda

Cycler TRV. Nuff said. You will **** your pants when you hear that ROF.
  4. Kurreah

How short-range do you fight? Shotgun? SMG? Or just a CQC rifle?
  5. }{ellKnight

Just get the TRV. It performs beautifully in close ranges and it's more than manageable outside CQC.
  6. DuckSauce

TRV.

Best non-shotgun CQC in the game.

845 RPM, assault rifle-class damage falloff, 40 round magazine.

And it's not expensive, either.
  7. Asclepius

I just trialed the TRV and I'm loving it. I previously used the T1 Cycler for CQC because it was the only weapon I had. Now I brought the TRV and it's awesome in CQC.

Thanks for the suggestions.
  8. Kyouki

Use the stock AR. Just get rid of foregrip and add a laser sight and its great for hipfiring.
  9. Mark467

TRV. That's it.
  10. Dusty Lens

The TRV has an extremely high rate of fire and an extremely fast time to kill. ROF/TTK.

Furthermore it boasts a .25x aim down sight multiplier, meaning you'll be moving at 75% of your standard speed, allowing for some rather excellent peaking around corners. Some people like to slap an adv. laser on it to help with close quarters hip fire, it has pretty sloppy grouping even with an adv. laser but it simply fires so many rounds so quickly that you can make up for it with the bullet hose effect. Being said a lot of people prefer the fwd. grip to make the ADS more reasonable.

The TAR is an excellent weapon if you hate ADS and want to hipfire all day every day forever. With an adv. laser the weapon is basically carbine tight. You'll want to be a pretty good aim as the weapon is, amusingly, somewhat punishing if you're even remotely off target. The bullets go where you tell them to go. If that is your deal then you will really enjoy the TAR.

Those are your two best CQC options for the class at the moment.

I personally feel the TRV is the stronger performer.
  11. Kociboss

TRV has 0.5x movement multiplier.
  12. Dusty Lens

Is that so? Well then! I'm going to need to do a double check of the information I've been using. Thanks for the heads up.
  13. Escath

Have you tried using a reflex sight? I personally use the 2x and I have no troubles in CQC.
  14. }{ellKnight

Yup, TRV is 0.5x movement modifier. Only TR AR with 0.75x is the TAR.
  15. drNovikov

TR has 2 SMGs to choose from )
  16. }{ellKnight

Hehe... TBH I think the TRV is superior to the SMG.
  17. omgBAMF

Best CQC weapon? That's easy... Nighthawk shotty.
  18. MrK

As an NC, the weapon that really puts fear in the heart is the TRV. This thing is beasty, from sound to efficiency.
  19. Hypest

Haymaker for CQC below 5 meter, TAR above that range. Both costs 1000 certs or 700 station cash. If you want something cheaper the TRV costs only 250 certs.
  20. Commissar38

I love that the last thing a NC or a VS player will hear before they hit the deploy screen is the sound of a TRV. Really is a steal at such a low cert req.