TR SMG's

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Quikloc007, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Quikloc007

Okay, I'm pretty new to PS2. I also play TR 99% of the time. I recently bought both the Hailstorm & Armistice. I can't believe more players are not using these weapons. CQC these weapons are incredible at dispatching foes.

Is there something I'm missing? Did they buff or nerf these weapons in the past? I'll admit the damage drops off pretty quick but I have never been able to drop VS & NC so fast with any other weapon. I would say TR brothers & sisters try this weapon for room clearance. You will be very pleased.
    • Up x 1
  2. Darthjackn

The reason more people don't use them is because its either the hailstorm or the armistice (whatever the second gun smg is) can't compete with weapons like the blitz in cqc in terms of fire rate.
  3. minhalexus

Armstice has 896 RoF, while Blitz has 845.
    Hailstorm has 800 RoF.

Armstice is fine, Hailstorm can use a buff.
  4. OldMaster80

I dont use them anymore because as infiltrator I feel like a noob abusing an op weapon. Infiltrators should have never received smgs in their arsenal.
    Despite that they're very situational.
    • Up x 1
  5. Quikloc007

@ OldMaster80
    I'm using them on all classes. But I think its odd that you think infiltrators should not use them. If your trying to recapture a point and your up against unknown amounts of enemy solders, you think this is noobish...please enlighten me why this is?
  6. Marxsbeard

Because 1000c/700sc

Armistice is awesome. Lead the bulletstream to the head ftw. Haven't tried the Hailstorm.
  7. Ronin Oni

Hailstorm has a disgustingly large magazine which is why it does less DPS... it's DPM is much higher.

Armistice you're killing usually 1 enemy per reload, Hailstorm can kill 3 w/o much problem.

Of course, when you can cloak to reload, the Armistice isn't such a bad gun :p

If it wasn't for Infil's, no one would ever use SMG's...

they're pretty much the only class worth using them save for maybe a drifter LA which would probably do better with the free shotty anyways.
  8. DrPapaPenguin

They are a bit too situational, because of seriously short rage. I did get auraxium on Hailstorm though, and halfway or so into the armistice, they aren't bad, just don't really cut it beyond 25 metres.
    • Up x 1
  9. GhostAvatar

Simply reason why people aren't using them on classes other than inf. For CQC a shotty will far outperform them. For any kind of range the classes default weapon class will far outperform them.
  10. EvilKoala

The Armistice has a ridiculously long reload time for such a small magazine size.. considering its competition have 50 rnd magazines and only 45 rpm lower ROF.

I only bought mine because it was on sale and to put on a darklight to have a primary to hunt infiltrators with.
  11. Paperlamp

They both suck compared to VS and especially NC SMGs. Armistice has very little TTK difference but much worse accuracy. Failstorm has 45 less RoF than the Blitz/Sirius and yet still has terrible accuracy anyway.

I use the PDW, at least it has a decent effective range even if its TTK is pathetic w/out headshots. :/

They gave each very slight buffs recently, but I tried both and it didn't change much. Hailstorm got better recoil recovery which is nice for burst fire, but burst fire on a weapon so inaccurate along with low damage bullets is freaking pointless.
  12. Astealoth

Armistice is really fun to use on infiltrator. Hailstorm I think is a little lacking, I like the NS-7 better. Armsitice is my favorite SMG across all factions, just has a great feel.
  13. Littleman

I'd rather infiltrators play within the killing distances other classes do, rather than have to worry about suddenly dying to some "Mr.Skill" that sits on a hill 200m+ away WITH invisibility on demand and latency allowing them to be visible for only the split second AFTER the shot is fired (and they KNOW this.)

The Armistice is fine. The only change I could recommend would be 5 more rounds in the magazine. The hailstorm however was supposedly made more accurate last update, but it still feels more jittery than the blitz. At least it's a little more justifiable to use now... I guess.
  14. Maljas23