TR SMG Hailstorm bad????

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ximi, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Ximi

People said that Armstice is much better than Hailstorm,but Hailstorm have 60 bullets per magazine and this guy :

...use the Vanu Hailstorm counterpart and he does good work. So what do u say people????
  2. RedArmy

800rpm at 125/ bullet is good, yes.
    however the Trap at 187/bullet, SOAS at 143/bullet
    are better options. i gave the TRAP another try, its substantially better than people give it credit for
  3. Ximi

Thanks mate,its the thing want to hear. SOAS and TRAP cannot be equipped to other classes,so ill take the Hailstorm.
  4. JobiWan

I love the Hailstorm. Crowd of enemy + EMP + Hailstorm = much deathness.
  5. Biddion

All three have their uses, each just a tool in the tool box.
  6. Iridar51

Failstorm is different from Sirius, they're not copies with same stats. Just because Sirius does good sometimes doesn't failstorm does the same.
    • Up x 1
  7. Plastikfrosch

believe me, take the mkv suppressed if you want a good smg for the TR. the armistice is a cqc monster but the failstorm sucks at nearly any range. the mkv suppressed works fine in close and very good at midrange.
  8. Ximi

60 bullets magazine...i can tell...ITS A MONSTER!!!! Some people love it other hate it.

Btw i have in mind to put x2 scope,adv.laser sight,suppressor and soft point ammo...its right????
  9. Ximi

Its the second choice i had in mind when i will to buy a SMG,paired with Blackhand (i love this pistol) for long distances combat,but people on Ps4 hate it a lot (the Blackhand) like the PC users. Dunno why,they said that is difficult to aim with that gun... Anyway,those two weapons can be equipped in all factions,so its a good idea.

NS SMG Suppressor with x2 scope,extended magazine and soft point ammo...Blackhand with x4 scope and darklight...its right????
  10. Ximi

Here is a rewiew of Hailstorm:

I didnt understand nothing caused i dont understand english speaked,but there are text explaining things.

Another rewiew comparison between Hailstorm and Armstice:

11. cobaltlightning

I don't have much experience with the Hailstorm outside of the VR, but it does indeed feel very meh to me unless you are specifically going for the head. The Armistice feels okay, but still weak. This is the TR norm however: Weak bullets, lotsa daka.

As for the Blackhand, I would recomend changing out your 'scope' as soon as you can, since you cannot see the default scope while cloaked and aiming.
    • Up x 1
  12. _itg

I wouldn't recommend using the NS SMGs unless you're confident in your aim. They have terrible DPS, so you need to be able to land lots of headshots to do well with these guns. Also, keep in mind that these guns don't work well with the common infiltrator tactic of using the SMG like a substitute shotgun. The NS SMGs are best at about 15m, and getting closer will often work against you. If you want to get in people's faces and spray them down, the Armistice will be your best bet, but the Hailstorm will also be a better choice.

As for attachments on the NS SMGs, unless 2x is your "default" scope on all guns, I'd start with 1x. The NS SMGs may have more range than their ES counterparts, but they're still less capable at range than almost all carbines. Soft point ammo is a straight upgrade, so always take this. As for the rail slot, I feel pretty strongly that the advanced laser sight is the "correct" attachment. The reason is, you'll pretty much never have the advantage in direct combat with the PDW or MKV unless you can abuse your god-tier ALS hipfire. All that said, there are other competent players who swear by extended mags, and if you're having trouble killing people in 30 bullets, this attachment will give you the extra forgiveness you need.

Don't run Darklight on the Blackhand. It's a terrible gun for stalker hunting, and if you ever have to use the gun as an actual sidearm, the laser sight is mandatory.
  13. Dualice

Only thing the Hailstorm really has going for it is the magazine size. I don't like using NS gear, let alone recycled hash jobs like the MKV, but I got on better with that than I did the Hailstorm.

This is pretty much the only thing it's good for.
  14. cobaltlightning

Blackhand is actually somewhat okay for Stalker. 's like a pocket battle rifle. Using it as a normal 'sidearm' means you're using it wrong, like the crossbow.

Min damage is 250 at 125 meters, and chances are with the 4x sight you'll be hitting harder than that anyway. The commissioner, for comparison, is 225 @ 42m, and this is all before mitigations. It rewards high aim and isn't very spamable like most sidearms.

That said, a Darklight is not worth it for the Blackhand, whereas a Laser sight could be the saving grace in close-medium range engagements.
  15. _itg

I like using the Blackhand as a stalker. When I said "stalker hunting," I meant "searching for a nearby enemy stalker." Sorry if the phrase was confusing.
  16. cobaltlightning

That one is more agreeable, tbh I leave that in the hands of the burst pistols and the Underboss.
  17. Cyrek

If you have to be that "I have heard that blah blah blah" kind of kid, then by all means skip the hailstorm, I have found that I personally have over two thousand kills with it presumably from early 2014; Heh its been quite a long time.
  18. Ximi

Well,then dunno which SMG to use,Hailstorm is not recommended and the NS SMGs are not recommended neither,but others recommend me that SMGs...so its up to me at the end.
  19. _itg

I really like the Blackhand, and I think it's a great choice to pair with any SMG. I don't think you need a darklight on any infiltrator loadout. Just use an EMP grenade if you want to find a stalker.
  20. Ximi

Oh u quoted me before i edit,well as i said in the quote im thinking to take the SOAS-20 but this one cannot equip to all classes,btw i have in mind to only play Infiltrator at starts,its the most experienced class i have in PC version,so maybe im good on Ps4 one.

And yeah Blackhand is my favorite pistol,paired with NS SMG suppressor i will have weapons for all classes and factions,so its a good idea to take the two :)