TR - SABR-13

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Oleker2, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Oleker2

Any worth buy/use? Looked on the 2-burst and remember the BF3 AN-94. This gun is a good choice?
  2. Taiji

I was using the SABR and then switched to the T1S Cycler for the grenade launcher and full auto.

BF3's AN94 has 1200rpm to help it get the 2 rounds closer grouped. I haven't checked beyond listening but the SABR's RPM can't be that good, because the second shot deviates so much that you have to burst control it by dragging the mouse down at mid range.

Very happy with T1S :)
  3. Paulus

SABR-13 is very much a personal preference. However why not find out for your self? make use of the in-game "try before you buy" function

Find the weapon you want to try, click "unlock" and down at the bottom in Blue is "trial". Cick that, go to an E-term and for the next 30 mins you have your trial weapon. You can't buy attachments for it until you unlock it properly, but then why risk buying stuff for a gun you may not want?
  4. XenomorphZZ

In contradiction to it's discription, the SABR13 will almost always miss the second round in the burst even with adv grip and a compensator at long range... the low fire rate is the main issue here.

I almost feel its better at close range than at long range lol...
  5. HamOnRye

I use the gun extensively for open field engagements, and for that purpose it shines. Note, I do not use the 2x burst as the second shot goes horizontal due to recoil and not vertical.

Pros
    Excellent projectile velocity
    Better per shot damage
    Very accurate

Cons
    2x fire mode is sketchy
    Fire rate will get you killed at short and medium ranges

In summary it's a niche purpose gun that excels in its narrow purpose, otherwise outclassed in other areas. I like mine, but I don't use it for anything but long range engagements.
  6. Warmech

Avoid at all costs.

I too was hoping for a BC2/BF3 style AN94, but it's not even close and the weapon really needs to be given a tuning pass.

In BF3 for the AN94 I believe the recoil was set to 0 (or very close to it) until after the burst completed, so that both shots would land on the crosshair or the 2nd one slightly above. If you were good with the gun you could control the recoil to start at the chest and quickly burst up to the head.

With the SABR, the 2 round burst still has recoil between the shots (feels bigger than the cycler weapons imo), and that recoil is noticeably horizontal even with the adv grip. This makes the 2 bullets in the burst actually land on either side of your crosshair (using the 4x scope) instead of on the crosshair or slightly above the crosshair for the 2nd shot. So instead of bursting from chest-head in a couple shots, you basically hit both arms, or miss the head completely as the bullets pass wide to the left and right. The vertical recoil of 1 burst also feels higher than cycler weapons so it's hard to rapid burst like the AN94 and actually stay on target.

I got my SABR to platinum medal yesterday after realizing I was pretty close from using it when PS2 was first released, but I quickly switched back to a cycler after the 100 cert reward. Also considering my infantry battles are in bases and <100m contact anyway, the SABR really is a watse at this time.
  7. MrIDoK

I used the SABR for all beta, since when it could mount a grenade launcher (which i was able to keep until the last wipe).
    Its advantage is having a very low first shot recoil multiplier (1.4x) that allows the weapon to stabilize itself in a very short amount of time and keep a sustained fire on an enemy. Its 2-burst mode is worthless at range, but you can use it at close-medium range where the single shot is too weak and when the recoil won't make you miss the second shot.

Simple, don't read the description: it says that it's appreciated for its ability to land both shots.. that's not true, it's ability is to easily land single shots at medium-long range with a good rate of fire.
    But even at mid-close range it's very good: it's the only TR assault rifle with a damage of 167, so a burst that manages to hit is much more painful.

Get the 2x optic, laser sight and flash suppressor and you get a very effective close-to-medium range weapon.
    Get the 6x optic, advanced foregrip, high velocity ammo and flash suppressor and you'll have a medium-to-long range weapon that can provide invaluable covering fire to your team.

The flash suppressor is needed to better hide you at range, the laser sight helps a lot while hipfiring at close range and since you've got a burst fire weapon the foregrip is only needed for precision shooting at long range.

For cqc stick to the default Cycler with 2x reflex and laser sight. :)
  8. AnnPerkins

burstfire weapons in general in this game seem to be poorly implemented and this weapon is only slightly better than its burstfire counterparts because it only fires a two round burst so you only waste ammo and time firing a second useless shot rather than the two extra you waste on the traditional three round burst weapons.

If you're looking for a good long range weapon pick up the NS-11A switch it to single shot and click like mad. The thing has almost no drop and suffers almost no recoil on single shot.
  9. Oleker2

I asked because AN-94 from BF3, not expectating to much from SABR, sience AN-94 is one of the real OP guns on BF3.
    I will do some try-out with it when I got a good fight.
  10. Oleker2

[Double Post] Where is the f****ng edit button? ¬.¬

Take the try out on SABR-13 and even with the naked gun I got many kills and kill assists with it. Mainly on mid range. Serious thinking to buy it on the next SC bonus event. The gun suits better on my style of gameplay... May I try the equinox burst on my VS char.
  11. Voroshilov

TRV beats it at both short and long range.

Waste of SC.
  12. Littleman

Oh really? Single shot TRV defeats the purpose of the TRV, and I know you're not bursting that for real long range engagements.

A naked SABR-13 is a fairly solid weapon, but keep it to single shot. One can actually stream off rounds fairly quickly with little horizontal pull using single shot (I practically full auto.) This is about as close to a sniper rifle a TR medic is going to get. In CQC it's a pretty crappy contender, even with a laser sight. It only has an RPM of 600, but because it's firing in one or two shots per trigger pull, it's actually lower than that. You can try and make it work with either one or two shot bursts in CQC, but I'd just as quickly whip out my repeater, which is practically an SMG anyway. At least we're afforded that luxury.

Still, a T1 Cycler or T1S Cycler is probably the better overall weapon for everyday use, if not nearly as precise even using single shot mode. I switch between these three as I feel like it really.

As an aside, the NC pretty much have their SABR-13 in the default Gauss rifle. Single shot mode that SOB, nearly the same thing minus the HVA. Actually, the Gauss Rifle S is probably more akin to the SABR-13, all stats considered.
  13. Screaming Pigeons

It's basically the TR's version of the NC's default burst assault rifle: the Gauss Rifle Burst. It possess a bit more vertical recoil than the Gauss Rifle Burst (.35 compared to .3), but its recoil multiplier is a measly 1.4, much better than the Gauss Rifle Burst's 2. The SABR-13 possesses the Gauss Rifle Burst's aim down the sights (ADS) recoil, which is .03 while standing, .3 moving, and 3 jump, but it also possesses the Gauss Rifle Burst's bloom, which is kind of a bad thing if you're clicking your left-mouse button like a mad-man. Nonetheless, its hip-fire accuracy is as good as the other assault rifles except for the CQC class (TRV and TAR). It does fairly well at all ranges and its recoil is very manageable as well, especially since it doesn't lean to the left or right (it has a balanced horizontal recoil). It has the fastest projectile speed of all of the TR assault rifles, so you don't have to lead as much as the other TR assault rifles. If you like the NC's Gauss Rifle and its Burst variant, I would recommend this gun to you. Otherwise, just stick to your Cycler or TRV.
  14. Voroshilov

Bursting at 100m takes full clip to kill someone, but is faster TTK than SABR. I got fully decked out TRV and SABR... Dual shot is useless at longer ranges and at medium range TRV has faster TTK.

I just don't see a niche for SABR..... if only the dual shot mode actually landed both shots at more than medium range.
  15. FlayvorOfEvil

I find that 3 round bursts in the game are no different that manually firing 3 rounds with automatic mode. Same slow rate of fire, except some times you forget that you have 3 round burst equipped and hold down the mouse during CQC. I remember in AVA, the 3 round burst on the FAMAS MKII allowed you to shoot 3 rounds at a time almost instantly and with a very small thread. The 3 round bursts in the game are just 3 slow shots.

Guns that only have burst mode should get insane ROF to make up for that weirdness.
  16. HerpTheDerp

SABR: do you want to completely suck at CQB, small, and sometimes evem mid range just so you can do what almost any other gun can do at long range by switching to single shot mode.
  17. Littleman

You're aim must be off with the SABR then, or you're misjudging how far 100m really is. If you miss a shot with the SABR, it's you. The time between single shots is such that between the low first shot recoil multiplier and recoil reset rate, your next shot should be nearly on top of the original location of the prior shot.

The TRV can work, I've done it too, but I wouldn't say burning an entire mag at even 60m is entirely more efficient or a faster TTK than a SABR properly handled at those ranges. Even if one were to manage to keep their cross-hair over the target through the sheer recoil of the RPMs alone, the CoF blooms so fast that at those ranges most rounds would be thrown off, even with short bursts. The RPMs are that gun's worst enemy.

Rule of thumb, if you're planning on field work or otherwise long range engagements, you're kicking yourself for not bringing along a SABR-13, but only do so if you have a scope. If you're operating with iron-sights or a 2x, you're using it wrong.
  18. asdfPanda

Don't get the Equinox Burst. I have it, and there's no advanced foregrip, no compensator for it. The burst just goes everywhere, and maybe 1 shot will land. It is a poor weapon for it's niche purpose.