TR Recursion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NellyG, Apr 13, 2018.

1. NellyG

These losers are back doing the same thing again... HACKING!! Every time daybreak comes up with something new like ASP these losers like TR Recursion crawl out of their shiithole like the roaches they are to ruin the game for everyone else. Silly me and I thought DayBreak finally banned these LOSERS from the game, seeing that they haven't been active, but I was completely wrong. Thank god I didn't sign up for membership because I was so excited with the new addition of ASP I was willing to spend money again on this game. Ain't going to happen now... so disappointed.
    • Up x 1
  2. Gustavo M

I'm sorry, but screaming "HACKERS!!" will not do any good if you don't provide proofs/evidence of it, you know.
    • Up x 6
  3. typnct

this post is so sad on so many levels...
    and im not even talking about the hackers
    • Up x 3
  4. CplRDaWiggy

I'd ask if you need a hug, but hackers robbed me of my arms.
    • Up x 2
  5. DemonicTreerat

Funny thing is that they only get away with it because the Emerald TR lets them.

If Emerald's TR really wanted them gone to they could team kill, grief, and harass Recursion right off the server and Daybreak wouldn't do jack all to them. But because Emerald TR has a "we must win at all costs" mindset they tolerate them because a full squad running cheese plus cheats practically demands a full platoon of legitimate players to eject from a point.

Oh well, eventually this game will die because of that sort of mindset and I'll be one of those laughing at the players who can't figure out what went wrong.
  6. Gustavo M

Remember, kids: Blindly making assumptions with nothing to cover you up will make others think that you are either
    • Jealous
    or
    • Mad/"mentally hurt"
    • Up x 1
  7. Corporate Thug

Git Gud computer and then you will git gud in PS2. Seriously, this game runs like crap for most people, even when it says you have decent frames. When I had a crappy computer i swore everyone had Godmode turned on, but when I upgraded it seemed as if everyone moved a bit slower and I could actually compete with everyone. Most good players that I've met have at least a decent computer, and they usually have tons of hours and practice invested into this game.

Also, I don't know if it's still a thing but the rate that your weapon fired benefited from better performing computers.
  8. typnct

btw what you call hackers might be people with really bad ping
    for exp - you get killed by a pistol with 1 hit, but in his screen he shot you 10 times
    what happened here? server-side
    he shot you - it registered after the ping(lets say 400ms - its just funny how much killstreaks i get when i play on high latency servers)

you kill the target without him ever seeing you even shooting at him(assuming you can aim for the head especially as LA and inifltrators)

sooooo... yeah
    people with high ping are an issue in the game and should be rerouted to server sided ping wise server Example:bf1 technique to deal with laggin people
    all dmg is client sided unless it goes beyond 200 - then its server sided only for the one with the high ping and he will have to aim leading to hit the enemy - this way this will seem more fair for the non highly lagging player
    (i usually get around 50-80 but when my provider hits fk all my clients i get around 200 to 400 and man my kd goes to 16 or something absurd as that for that meanwhile)

also a nice solution is client share - if theres a guy with a good ping to the server and an excelent ping to you then he will share his connection to you and you send info through him

btw please dont lag on purpose as this is just an ***** act(i even saw tutorials on how to exploit it...)
  9. Rydenan

Recursion really isn't even that good..

They surf zergs, like many other (lame) outfits out there do. Nothing out of the ordinary.
  10. adamts01

What bothers me about Recursion, and this is more of a complaint about Daybreak, is that their incredibly secretive software is allowed to manipulate files that you and I would get banned for tampering with. If a 3rd person tank crosshair is so important to the game, or the voices, or whatever, then DBG should implement them in game and stop with this 3rd party app that which one but Incursion and Daybreak knows exactly what it's up to.

As a side note. I don't follow these sorts of things, but apparently NC Recursion's stats absolutely tanked for those few days after that patch when their app wasn't functioning. Food for thought.
  11. DarkStarAnubis

AFAIK Recursion StatTracker does not change configuration files but via a DLL overlay put additional graphic elements on the screen while PS2 is running. Those graphic elements can be session stats (enemies killed, etc) or a customized reticle put in the center of the screen. Plus voice call-outs.

Both are super-imposed on what PS2 draws so at any point in time you have the PS2 reticle (whose color you can customize in the PS2 configuration files, this is allowed) and the Recursion StatTracker reticle.

The session stats are obtained via the DBG Stream APIs, which is a service used also by web-based stat-tracking systems.

If DBG does not want Recursion StatTracker anymore, all they have to do is to instruct BattleEye to block it (as it happens from time to time due to mistakes in the configuration files of BattleEye, who scans the PC for hacks etc).
  12. adamts01

It's not that simple. It's not like every other overlay. It has access to core files on the server side of things. How else do you think it could track stats? Either way, allowing a 3rd party app that type of access just isn't cool. And the scripts that the app's creators run are also a guarded secret that anyone who downloads the overlay doesn't have access to. In the end of the day, they could manipulate anything on the server side and as long as it has the Recursion stamp of approval then Batteye won't flag it. It's shady and that app should be banned.
  13. DarkStarAnubis

Stats are taken by the Stream API (it is web based). That's a public API. To get the stats you do not need to have PS2 running.
  14. adamts01

H
    How is it that Battleye was once kicking players for running recursion if game files aren't modified?
  15. DarkStarAnubis

It happened at least two times that I am aware of and every time it was due to mistakes in the BattleEye configuration files - this has been acknowledged by the Devs.

If was fixed on BattleEye side and Recursion restarted working.
  16. adamts01

My point is that Recursion isn't a simple overlay, and doesn't just gain information from public sites. Battleye flagged it because Recursion manipulates game files, which is all Battleye scans. Yes it was a glitch that Recursion was blocked, I'm not arguing that it isn't officially approved. I'm arguing that no one but Recursion knows what's being manipulated in those files, most likely not even Daybreak. If Daybreak were up to speed with all that code then implementing those legitimate features in to the game would be within reasonable reach. Considering their apparent drop of performance during their app's down time, I'm more convinced than ever that their program isn't legit.
  17. JibbaJabba

Note:
    Recursion stat tracker has nothing to do with Recursion the TR outfit on Emerald.

I'm going to defend both.

The stat tracker is just a stat tracker. Whoop-de-do. It does overlays. Whoop-de-do...so does NVidia. It includes *gasp* a crosshair. Very similar to a sticker on your monitor. Whoop-de-do.

If it does something beyond this, don't throw hollow accusations. Speak up and point it out.

As for recursion the TR outfit.

First, accusing them of hacking is against the forum rules. Roxxy seems to let it slide with a warning once but don't push it.

Second, as an opponent of theirs I have not witnessed hacking. I've seen some great player skill and teamwork out of them and generally consider them a worthy opponent.
  18. adamts01

I just have a problem with 3rd party program from unknown developers given a free pass to manipulate files, if that's actually what's happening, which this recent Battleye flag implies. Especially when that program is associated with particular outfits, which this absolutely is. There are really only 2 legitimate options.
    • Daybreak understands the code: Great, add these features in-game.
    • Daybreak doesn't understand the code: Then treat this app as any other 3rd party app, no favors.
  19. JibbaJabba

Help me out. How is there a link between the Recursion stat tracker and Recursion the outfit?

Is there some indication that Recursion is being used for cheating or is it just unfounded speculation that it "could"?
  20. DarkStarAnubis

Exactly.

Adam,
    What I and other people are trying to tell you is that Recursion GETS session data from the stream API (which is the reason why Recursion stopped working after the ASP update - the devs broke it by mistake and there is a thread on Reddit about that, I can provide you the link if you wish) and PUTS graphic elements on the screen (overlay of session data and reticle) via a DLL.

The DLL is loaded at runtime when ps2 starts and it is the go-between ps2 and recursion.

That DLL (there are two version, one for x86 and for x64 systems) is loaded providing BattleEye gives a go.

BattleEye in more than one occasion has blocked the DLL from being loaded and this has flagged as a mistake on the devs side (I reckon there is a thread here in which RadarX talks about that) and it has been fixed by subsequent patches on BattleEye side without changing a single bit on the DLL.

Having said that, Recursion *could* hypothetically do a zillion of other things all of those nasty (manipulating the mouse nullifying the recoil mechanism, alter the game files by making walls or force field transparent, ESM by scanning the in-game memory and locate enemies on the screen, auto-aim and god-knows-what) but that has to proven.

Do you have any evidence?

Just to put things in perspective, BattleEye allows applications manipulating the environment (e.g. AHK) to run despite the fact AHK scripts can easily read the mouse position and inject micro (pixel level) mouse movements every x milliseconds. Do you understand what it means? Having weapons with zero recoil, even a Commissioner.