[TR] One shot Sniper rifles? (Which ones?)

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mazzar, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Mazzar

Hi, so, which sniper rifle kills in one shot? (if any) For the TR?
    Scout rifle HSR-1 seems to have the highest damage...but i heard its misleading...
    I also have the S7 or w/e its called, which has 1 bar less than the new Ram .50, and it usually takes 2 shots, unless its a head.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Retool

The ones that say they are "bolt action" (and its headshots you need).
  3. m44v

Yeah, any of the bolt actions is a OHK if you get a headshot, you can't OHK with bodyshots.
  4. Hagnar

Either SR-7 or the new Rams .50, both Bolt Action
  5. vampwood

TSAR-42, M77-B, SR-7 and RAMS all have one shot capability in the head.
    • Up x 1
  6. Canaris

I tried the bolt action rifles for awhile...... then threw them away and went crying back to my semi-auto ;)
    I'm usually pretty lethal with a bolt action in most games but in PS2 s/a is my way
  7. Uzii

All these stats though are without a high level of Nano-Weave Armour. I don't know the specifics but you can survive Headshots from the Bolt Actions if you have a high enough Nano-Weave (possibly Rank 4+). Maybe not the newly released rifles (Longshot or TR/VS equivalent) as they have a slight increase to their damage, so I am guessing this is to guarantee a Headshot is a kill, regardless of Armour equipped.
  8. Xiphos

I have 2000 kills on my ifiltrator, most of them headshots. I seriously doubt this is true. I think people are just not compensating for bullet drop and end up hitting the body while thinking they hit the head.
    • Up x 1
  9. Togashi

All bolt action rifles are 1 shot kills if you score a headshot. If you are looking to purchase a TR bolt rifle, the .50M RAMS is the best bolt action rifle in our arsenal for sniping.

BTW. do NOT use the ingame stats for the weapons. The are completely fictional and will cause you to waste a whole lot of SC if you rely on them.
  10. Uzii

I know what I've seen, believe what you want. HA's, Medics, Engineers and Light Assaults. All surviving with a slither of health. I too have countless kills with a my LA-80, but I have only been sniping for the last few weeks. Perhaps when you got the majority of your kills people hadn't yet invested in Nanoweave 4/5 yet. I know what a body shot will do, it barely gets through their shields, leaving them with 90% of their green health. Perhaps damage reduces over range enough for a HS not to kill, I don't know.

To further back this theory up I too have nigh-on been killed by a single shot, only to survive with a few red bars of Health left. And I too have Nano Weave 4 on my Engineer.

Perhaps on the dozens of occasions this has happened there has been something else affecting the situation, we can't know for sure. But, in my opinion, it has happened too often to be a coincidence. Also, I'm saying this won't happen with the Longshot TR/VS equivalent.
  11. Xiphos

Actually I did a few tests and you are right. Targets can survive headshots at very long ranges (but they don't need nanoweave 5 for it). I'll make a post with more details later.
    • Up x 1
  12. Uzii

Ah, thank you for at least confirming my thoughts. So bullet damage does reduce at extreme ranges then? Interesting...

Still, it gives a good reason to get the Longshot.
  13. Exrage

A max suit or a fully nanoweave heavy are the only exceptions to the one-shot headshot, you'll recognize the heavy as having literally one half a bar of his health even within optimum weapon range, so keep this in mind. Any heavy with a shield up will negate the head shot as well, but note that it is ONLY heavies with nanoweave 4 or 5, any other class with nanoweave 5 doesn't have the base health pool to survive the one-shot.
  14. Uzii

I think the general consensus is that all infantry except the Infiltrator have the same Health/Shields. Also, I've seen medics survive headshots, not just Heavy Assaults.
    • Up x 1
  15. Black March

Yeah, all classes except infiltrators have them same. And all classes including infiltrators can survive headshots with nanoweave lvl 1 or higher. And also at closer distances with NW4-5
  16. Wayfar

From the grave... RISE! Lol.