[TR] new team: TABA - Tactical Background Ops

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by X3Theta, Jan 8, 2014.

1. X3Theta

I asked for a team that fits me but got no replies at all. So here I am setting up my own team. If you like in-game conversation, you will probably like this team.

* Faction: Terran Republic
    * Server: Cobalt
    * Language: English
    * Gameplay: team play, support roles
    * Recruitement: OPEN
    * Leader: CinquereTR
    * Voice comms are required (!) for team-only (non-public) squads and platoons. We will let the squad members count through using voice to check that. Good communcation is a VERY HUGE advantage in the game. How often have I seen single (!) mag riders decimating whole lines of prowlers from behind just because noone looked at the minimap or noone even marked it. A simple "mag behind" via voice comms would have solved all of those issues.
    * We do NOT use Teamspeak or Mumble, only in-game comms because external solutions do not mute game sounds
    * Tanks are our primary focus, therefore we have not that much use for infiltrators, heavies, maxes or maybe even medics. Engineers are most useful when playing with us.
    * Intelligent team play: try to avoid losing the tanks, have secondary gunners in them, have anti air in the ammo sundy, try to position the tanks behind zerg infantry etc. etc. etc.
    * Briefings to analyze what went wrong and what to improve
    * No requirement to play only one faction on Cobalt -- noone can control that and you only punish the trustworthy people with such a requirement (I play all factions on Cobalt, NC and TR primarily for their faction-specific stuff like tanks). But: we want you to behave nice at all times and preferably not use enemy information gathered through alternate identities on the same server (AKA cheating).
    * Gunner rules:
    ** When shooting at enemy vehicles, shoot at the ones the driver is shooting at (exception: your tank is not in immediate danger and your driver does not see an already burning vehicle)
    ** Don't break "stealth" -- in other words: don't attract enemy attention unless the driver does it or unless the enemy is definitely going to attack you in a second or two. Reasons: avoid "dead man walking" situations where you are the dead man still walking, and let the driver wait for the target to be in a dead man walking zone where it cannot escape any more.
    ** Watch your back -- it is a good advice to NOT look in the direction others are already looking (and you can count on that most players do EXACTLY that (or look where the last action has been))
    ** Maximize your chances. The game is all about numbers and if any of the above is not in accordance with that, screw it!
    * No "ADHS" players: if you can't keep NOT shooting for a minute (and therefore leave your gunner seat, for example) because we are watching someone else's back, we don't need you. Team players only please.
    * No griefing, cheating, racism, sexism or any other kind of discrimination. No insults. Calling other players using specific names like R*E*T*A*R*D is considered an insult. Be nice and get more fun out of the game! I know it is hard sometimes.... ;-)
    ** Griefing is tolerated (or maybe even desired) where it is sort of "collateral damage" and serves a higher goal -- to speak the obvious.
    * We are eager to learn.
    * We do not care that much about doing the "missions" ourselves. We rather want to play out the tanks and take on a supportive role. The main goal is to create an excellent squad with excellent team skills against which no unorganized enemy has even the slightest chance.

Request team membership in-game by sending a message to my TR toon called "CinquereTR". Or just post your TR player name here.