TR needs the old Lynx and the new Lynx

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by asdfPanda, Apr 10, 2014.

1. asdfPanda

I hate to post another thread on the topic, but because part of my previous thread has become irrelevant, I decided to post a new thread.

If the changes on PTS are to be implemented, TR will have 5 carbines that are good for close quarters, but can still do work at medium ranges: TRAC-5, TRAC-5S, TRAC-5 Burst, Jaguar, Lynx. TR will have 2 carbines that deal with the medium to long range niche: T5 AMC, and the Cougar.

However, the TR arsenal will now lack a dedicated CQC weapon. The old Lynx fills that role.

People claim that the old Lynx had scarce differences with the Jaguar. However, they were still viable tradeoffs.

-The Lynx has a tighter, SMG tier moving hipfire spread, as well as higher RPM, which lend to its better CQC capabilities.
    -The Jaguar has arguably more controllable recoil, as well as a better minimum damage of 112, lending it to be a more versatile weapon, doing well in CQC, yet still working at medium ranges.

Other people claim that the new Lynx is good at CQC. While this is true, the old Lynx is better in close quarters than the new Lynx.
    The new Lynx loses:
    -0.75x ads speed multiplier
    -1.5 SMG tier moving hipfire spread
    -5720 damage per magazine
    -10m more minimum damage range
    -143 damage tier
    -a marginal amount of damage per minute
    Which are all qualities that factor into the old Lynx's success in CQC.
    In return, the new Lynx gains higher RPM and more controllable ads, and a faster reload. The new Lynx does a little worse in close quarters to do a little better at medium range.

The advantage of the new Lynx in CQC is in it's headshot capabilities. However, the old Lynx didn't need to ads to excel in CQC, and when the old Lynx did ads, it gained a valuable 0.75x ads speed multiplier.

However, people also argue: "Why should TR have 1 more carbine than the other factions?"
    The other factions have niches to fill as well. VS needs a competitor to the Pulsar C for medium to long range, and NC debatably needs a competitor to the GD-7F and now, the Bandit.

TL;DR:
    The TR should have both the old Lynx as well as the new Lynx. There are already weapon models for both; SOE only needs to act on it. Having both Lynx 1.0 and Lynx 2.0 would only add to the TR arsenals variety, with no downsides.
    • Up x 3
  2. NoctD

What TR needs is a weapon with the DPS to fight the Serpent/GD-7F. Neither old nor new Lynx has that.
  3. asdfPanda

While the Serpent/GD-7F had a dps advantage, the old Lynx had a magazine size, damage per magazine, tighter hipfire, and 0.75x ads speed multiplier advantage. The old Lynx could fight the Serpent/GD-7F because of it's accuracy from the hip. However, the new Lynx has none of these attributes.
    • Up x 2
  4. Paperlamp

TR just need to take a break from the game for awhile or play a different faction. Probably be more fun game with just VS vs. NC, you'd never be that third wheel faction the other two are ignoring.
  5. NoctD

Yes - the old Lynx wasn't bad. But when people complained about TR not having the highest ROF carbine, what they really meant was that they were out-DPSed by the Serpent/GD-7F. Old/new Lynx doesn't change that.

New Lynx should out-DPS the Serpent/GD-7F and we should keep the old Lynx too. Honestly... I think they should just make the Jaguar 800 ROF and 143-100 to replace old Lynx.
  6. Daftice

I want my old Lynx back, i don't need a smg carbine ;) !
  7. DevDevBooday

If you want CQC then use Jag, if you want versatility, use Lynx.

What they should do is buff Jag to 800 rpm
  8. minhalexus

I dont know about in-game performance, but the Lynx 2.0 feels more fun to play with than Lynx 1.0.
  9. Daftice

Maybe feel more fun but Lynx 1.0 is much better for me :) ! I want old Lynx back or Jaguar upgrade to the old Lynx stats
  10. asdfPanda

I wouldn't be opposed to that. However, the Jaguar will still lack the moving hipfire advantage that the Lynx had.
    As well as the moving hipfire benefit the Lynx had, I assume? Anyhow, changing the Jaguar could be a double-edged sword. People that already liked the Jaguar would be opposed to it's change, yet the Jaguar would be moved from close-medium range(which is already filled by most of TR's carbines) to cqc.
  11. Dahwhatsdat???

I concur :3 keep the old lynx please!
    • Up x 1
  12. Trilateral

Old lynx is a perfectly balanced carbine. No need to replace it..
    • Up x 2