TR needs a tiny buff/update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CalvaryCallsMe, Jul 31, 2015.

1. CalvaryCallsMe

SO I've been playing more again now that I have free time. And have realized TR guns are underpowered to the point of ineffectiveness. All their non battle/sniper rifles need some damage buff. Not much but like 25 damage per round. Most of the fights I lose despite achieving 3 headshot and 2 to 3 body shots (against heavies and medics w/ heal) other faction guns just disregard this and kill you anyway. Or better yet you could cut recoil and CoF by 40ish % and increase fire rate 2-3 rounds per second. What are your TR underpower horror stories?
  2. AlterEgo

VS and TR guns both share 143 damage models. On average, TR guns are faster, although it's usually who lands the shot first. I wish the VS could have a tiny buff, but with what's going on right now, the thought of a buff is almost like opposed intellectual thinking during the time of Soviet Russia.
  3. \m/SLAYER\m/

HA has shield, Medics has AR (really strong weapon) especially TR's AR hast best TTK. maybe you doing something wrong, other factions got TR-like guns with high-ROF with 30 bullets and long reload - some-kind balance.
  4. Liewec123

come to cobalt, TR have been facerolling over bases all day...
    but yep, lets buff them!
  5. FocusLight

Surely not as bad or hyperbolic as yours.

Look, I'm all for buffing what clearly needs help, but if all AR's and carbines in our arsenal was as 'meeh' as you say, we would never achieve anything.

Try again with a little less exaggeration and looking more... technically on the issue?

I mean let's start with the T1 Cycler, the standard-issue AR.

What's wrong with it?
  6. ZDarkShadowsZ

Personally I don't think TR weapons are underpowered nor ineffective. Remember that to a degree it's the person behind the screen that determines a win from a loss. As AlterEgo has already stated, VS share the 143 damage profile and so do some of the weapons in the NC arsenal.

Over the course of time I learnt to listen out for different sounds of different weapons. It helps me to determine what weapon my enemy is using for example, should I really be engaging someone with the obvious growling sound of a GD-7F at close range with my Cougar? Whilst I may have that 167 damage profile on my side, I don't have good RoF for a CQC situation unless I try to catch them off-guard and hope their reaction speeds aren't that snappy. There's a lot more to it than this, but much of it is basic common sense in terms of the ability to engage a target, or not to engage.

I find that all weapons are good in some aspect. Some TR weapons like the T5 AMC are great for pulling off medium to long-ish ranged shots whereas some like the Jaguar are really good CQ hipfire weapons. Whilst all weapons have recoil, learning your weapon's recoil pattern, learning how to compensate for that recoil and learning how to burst fire can certainly turn the tides of combat. I know I've come across many players who hold down the trigger and unload all their mag towards me believing it will be what kills me, when really them going full-auto is what kills them.

We try our best. :p
  7. MasterTater

ROFLMAO
  8. hogancom

Are you kidding me. I get one shotted by the TR snipers at least 2 times an hour. Sometimes 3 times in a minute. Ask around and get a better rifle. Stop drinking so much coffee. Learn how to aim. This thread is a joke. The NC need better sniper rifles, all the ones i bought got dumbed down because of yahoos writing lies about their rifles to cover their own inability and that our rifles were op. Get a grip.