TR/NC Weapon Audio Ovehaul

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by -Synapse-, Sep 28, 2013.

1. -Synapse-

VS got their sounds re-done to not sound so awful a couple updates ago. When can we expect TR and NC to get the same treatment?

As a side note, does this sound remind you of anything?
    • Up x 3
  2. Teegeeack

Just because VS got it doesn't mean you have to copy us. Aren't you ever satisfied? Your gun sounds are okay.
  3. DJPenguin

More electric sounding Gauss weaponry please.
    • Up x 5
  4. TheBloodEagle

They should take another look at the suppressor audio levels for TR.
  5. -Synapse-

It's not copying. It's improving.
    No. No I'm not. If I have to listen to a certain set of sounds all the time, I'd rather they sound good.
    You're right, they are okay. Not good, but okay.
    Could use improvement.
  6. Tragachinos

Well, MCG and Vulcan are the only TR guns that sound awful. ROF being Rate of Farting in their case.
  7. -Synapse-

It's realistic. Can't ask much more than that.
  8. TheBloodEagle

Most movie & game gun sounds don't sound like real life and there's a reason for that. The majority of the guns sound the same and aren't all that interesting regarding a game. I think the guns need some more sound variety though other than just the ROF doing the perceived change (TR LMGs). I pretty much use the NS-15M because of this for time-to-time.

I absolutely think the TR MAX chaingun sounds are crappy though.
  9. Bill Hicks

so you say
  10. Madcat9

Those fish never knew what hit them.
  11. Pikachu

In the BF games the developers tries to find a good mix of real gun sound and cinematic gun sound. They want to keep it real to a degree but also not as boring as real onea are.
  12. Regpuppy

I imagine all TR fishing like that. :p
    • Up x 2
  13. CrashB111

You sir, just do not appreciate the BURRRRRRP of death.

I would like if the TR's minigun tech all took this approach, our MAX weapons just sound dinky when they fire.

More TR tech from the past.

And people say that the NC are Space 'Merica.
    • Up x 3
  14. Ripshaft

HOLY **** HES GOT A GUN GET DOWN$@!!!

My god that cameraman had some balls.

Edit: and on a serious note I think the nc/tr weapon sounds are solid as they are (for the most part at least). I kind of doubt soe has any problem with them either since I'm pretty sure they described the vs weapon sound update as "bringing them more in line with the nc/tr"
  15. TheBloodEagle

I wish the open field battles did sound a bit more like this.

• Up x 1
  16. Liquid23

eh the rotating barrel weapons in this game don't sound realistic because the sound doesn't match the fire-rate... the distinctive sound of a mini-gun comes from the fact it's firing at 2-8 thousand rounds a minute ... it just doesn't fit or make sense for the ones in this game which fire only as fast or slower than the standard single barrel weapons (note that fire-rate also makes the whole multi-barrel design pointless)
    • Up x 3
  17. TheBloodEagle

I remember when this was an issue with the Armistice vs Hailstorm, where the sounds were opposite/swapped, so Hailstorm sounded faster. Thankfully fixed a while ago. I think I also remember a while back (many months) people pointed out that the Carv sound didn't match up. I think that was fixed way back too. I don't really mind the new sounds on the miniguns though.
  18. Flashtirade

I really like the sound the TMG makes when heard from a distance, it sounds kinda like this.
  19. Bhudda V1

that woodpecker's a tr got to kill that guy;) but i know a lot of what your talking about op that the tr gun's sound very......weak in a manner of speaking, i don't have much of a idea what can be done about them tbh if only add some more bass to them, which is what im going to suggest for the nc's weaponry needing more of a booming sound, loud, industrial and mean all over it with a bunch of bass that threatens to blow up the tower your in just by pulling the trigger.
  20. Drsexxytime

Pretty much. And they sound fantastic in that series, a top tier level.