TR/NC need drastic balancing if VS is to regain pop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nyscha, Apr 2, 2013.

1. maxkeiser

I'm talking about the looks/style. The other ESFs look like more conventional flying machines. The Scythe looks alien.
  2. Nyscha

Told them? LOL the excuses your superiors tell you for your failings.

There was a big announcement like 3 days before it started on the PS2 homepage, if your faction is too lazy to read it that was your folly.
    • Up x 1
  3. Advanced Darkness

This is something else that isnt new. Planetside 1 didnt have hoards of people playing VS even though we all used to complain about their splash dmg weps :D Didnt want em nerfed , just complained to each other then fought em until we got tired of being Lasher'ed. Also VS Magriders back then did huge splash dmg. I always felt that stuff was justified seeing their constant low pop, but they still locked continents.
  4. xGreedFuSioN

Let's see here, bro
    -huge *********
    -still a *********
    - you didn't bring anything to the convo either, all you did was whhine about star wars, which were ****** movies anyway
    -oh and *********
  5. xGreedFuSioN

This is true.
  6. Spartan 117

I have a BR40 Vanu in PS1. I chose not to play Vanu

1. Wanted to play something different
    2. New Vanu don't look anything like Vanu in PS1 "imo".
  7. o.Solei.o

I play all 3 factions. TR and NC stats are hardly the problem. The problems of population are server specific.

(I actually play my VS toon the least because it feels like cheating. :/ )
  8. TheDukeofSpook

The plot thickens!
  9. KjarAchran

I did actually, I said your weapons aren't half as bad as you so desperately want everyone to believe. Grass is always greener on the other side I guess...

but ok, I'll stoop down to your level then.

AHAHAHA TR SUCK GO ******* KILL YARSELF IM *** I HAVE BONER HAHAHAHA LOLOLO 11!11!1eleven11!1
    • Up x 1
  10. Kaon1311

NC = Space 'murica (Good guys)
    TR = Space marines / ***** (Bad guys)
    VS = Space spandex (Fashion Police)

I joke.

Also Mag nerfs cut your faction by a third, thread like this saying we are underdog etc. Not many people want to start off on the back foot.
  11. Pac1

Exactly, people need incentive to join low pop faction no matter the color. Based on double XP weekends we already know that increasing XP works. SOE just needs to increase XP bonus on the levels that it actually matters. They should also give the XP bonus based on the server population instead of continent pop.
    • Up x 1
  12. xGreedFuSioN

At what point did I say anything with that level of pure ******ation in it?
    All you, mah man.

I'm not saying our weapons suck blah blah, we have a few decent ones, but NC's are flat out better. TR are in the same boat
    R.I.P. T9 Carv, Pre nerf - Post nerf
    It just kinda rubbed me the wrong way when people use age discrimination as a valid argument. I know 12 year olds that are pretty boss at this game.
    Also, star wars suck ***, I chose vanu for the neat lore.
  13. SolidSnake

Hey guess what, the other factions' tanks can strafe at.... oh right they can't. "Oh but Vanguards can use shield" yes, but it only buys you a few seconds to retreat to safety, which your Magburner also does for you. Your tank is harder to hit, and you still have an "oh ****" button to get you out of a jam. Prowlers get a damage boost when anchored but sacrifice mobility, not sure on this one. I don't know if the extra damage is worth it if you have to sit still to do it.

The Scythe is worse than the Reaver? HAHAHAAHA, omg clearly you haven't flown Reavers at all have you? There is a reason the Reaver is called a flying brick. Scythes have the best hovering/turning abilities baseline than any other ESF, and guess which abilities are the most important for ESFs? turning/hovering you say? ding ding ding! we got a winner. The Mossys have best top speed and imo harder to dogfight against than even Scythes. Another thing that I haven't researched but I believe Photon pods do more damage per shot than Breaker pods, am I right on this? I just seem to get killed a lot faster by Scythes sneaking up behind my Vanguard than by Mossys.
  14. xGreedFuSioN

Oh and regarding this, XP in general needs a little changing.
    like 200xp/cert instead of 250?
    Like seriously, you have to kill 60 guys and get a bunch of assists/support xp for ONE sight on ONE gun for ONE class?
    k
  15. xGreedFuSioN

magburner requires you to face away from your enemy, exposing your (teehee) tank buttocks. Yes, dual photon pods do more/shot, you idiot ugh. they fire 2 missiles at once and have half the rate of fire, instead of firing missiles from each side one by one. same dps.
    I've flow my reaver more than my scythe, (though thats not much, im not a vehicle guy) and my NC is only like BR8 (had to delete and recreate a few times for server changes)
  16. pnkdth

...And GU06 turns magburner into a suicide button. I see you're hard at work, SOE, making the magrider even worse. What's next? Change the facing of the turret to it point backwards. I mean, why not, the magrider is like a ninja in how it dodges rockets so should be forced to expose its rear armour. Makes perfect sense.
    • Up x 1
  17. KjarAchran

telling someone to go kill himself for writing something on a forum is rather ********, at least in my book...

but since we stepped away from that kind of thing :

I wasn't pointing towards every Vanu out there saying "you all suck at this game". I'm just saying I don't understand how the VS as a faction aren't doing better because they really have some amazing weaponry and unique attributes.
    Also, I think the lack of VS is server to server. I play on Cobalt and the amount of VS players there is obscene...

EDIT: ******ation isn't censored but it's noun "********" is? Weird
  18. Oneth

We list why folks won't join VS so let me state why I did. It really goes back to PS1. Hrmmm, late 20's and fan of sci-fi. I felt if a game was in the future with all these nanite thingies it should look futuristic. I hated the purple and teal (purple and black would have rocked though) but I over looked that. I liked the fluff of the army, not a cult but scientist who felt we should embrace the alien tech we discovered and not fear it so emulating what we thought they looked like no problem. Magrider was damned cool looking and with a friend already playing vanu I was sold. When ps2 came I picked vanu because that's all I ever had been. Do I regret the choice .... At times I suppose. I still love the mag but the NC weapons sound so damn cool I had to play them too, just not as often. I despise the sound of the Vanu weapons, particularly when silenced (a slightly softer pew pew *sad face*).

People tend to say Vanu is a bunch of kiddies, and I disgree with that. My outfit is 18+ only and rather large, and more than a few of us in late 30's to early 40's. I hear more young voices on prox chat at TR and esp NC now than Vanu, but likely just my perception. I don't enjoy being rolled over by opposing zergs, but I do relish a good fight as the underdog. I get tore up often but when we push NC or TR back against the odds I love it! It feels good to win those battles and as low pop vanu on Waterson, that happens a lot =)
  19. xGreedFuSioN

Give me 7 examples of our guns that are amazing.
    not being a dick, just legit wondering.
    Personally only ones I can think of: Pulsar LSW for heavy is good, Orion for heavy is pretty good at cqc, the default carbine is decent (its no trac 5 c;) and I guess the default gun for medic is pretty ok.
    I'm gonna leave out shotties/smg's since theyre pretty much the same across all factions
  20. Advanced Darkness

More pluses for diverse factions. The more differences the better. Instead of getting bored with the entire game youll get bored with a faction first (maybe) and then go try all the other faction specific items. I wonder how many crybabies will hit the forums when magriders get to kill you while theyre out in the middle of a lake like they used to in planetside 1. Its what that tank does. Same goes for a jackhammer..its made to jack you up. Even though the one in this game fires like crap compared to the original one but i gave up thinking that any of the devs for this game ever played PS1 and by played i mean yrs of play not tried it one time on a whim.