TR/NC need drastic balancing if VS is to regain pop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nyscha, Apr 2, 2013.

1. don

Vanus just look ugly and need to be redesigned. Not only doesnt all camos match to the colors of the armor, the colors of the armor itself doesnt match. Worst class/armor is the HA.

Wouldnt choose vs in ps2 if my outfit wasnt vs only.

Edit: Almost forgot about the Max HighHeels ... :eek:
  2. quicKsanD

I hate to say it but you might be right, I think the balancing should come in this form:

The Thresher should be awesome! and the best buggy overall with hover, speed, and agility.

other than that, I have nothing for you...
  3. prinses

i just think its color discrimination, ppl like red and blue and don`t want to be purple.
  4. maxkeiser

Good post. Magrider is really good. I have fully certed racer chassis and very high magburner. I can zoom in and out of combat at 100kmh and survive almost indefinitely playing 'hit and run' style. Magrider is the most fun tank to use and has by far the best mobility.
    • Up x 1
  5. PLooschacK

True, true... Moreover, VS has no trademark \ stuff that shines except that unique \ futuristic layout that isn't appealing to majority of players. While NC are hardhitters and TR are the "spray and pray" type of guys, VS is... nothing. Yeah, they were suppsoded to be more agile and maneuverable. But they are not.
  6. KjarAchran

Every time I dick around with my Vanu character I am amazed at how the VS are not completely obliterating the other factions hands down.

Hence my theory : the VS are mostly played by Star War kids who are actually really bad at the game and blame their incompetence on everything but themselves. You've got amazing weapons, learn to bloody use em...
    • Up x 1
  7. Oneth

Why am I not surprised you can't understand a post. Okay ... as I was talking about sniper weapons, my reference to non starting weps being identical stats only applied to SNIPER WEAPONS, not all *rolls eyes* and bullet drop is a NON FACTOR even at med ranges. I play VS and NC, only toyed with TR, and once you adapt for bullet drop at long ranges (takes what, few minutes on a target spot in WG to learn and now easier in VR) I kill at ranges much faster at long ranges with my NC as vanu weps blow chunx at long ranges due to damage degradation. If you want to argue CQC weps for vanu AND TR beating NC, I would agree with you if you want to ignore the GD-7F, blitz, and better shotties of the NC (makes em equal imho). If you want to argue OP or UP for any faction go for it, all I'm saying is this no bullet drop bears no weight in the discussion and if you still think so, I again say you're a moron. *shrugs*
  8. TheDukeofSpook

People just don't want to be skintight purple lobster men that love aliens.
  9. xGreedFuSioN

tfw bullet drop is BARELY present on the other weapons (I don't even have to compensate for it, just aim for the head and its a bodyshot at least) and our snipers still have bullet drop.
  10. xGreedFuSioN

I'd say kill yourself but I'm not sure if that's allowed.
    If it is, do it.
    If not, do it anyway.
    • Up x 1
  11. Nyscha

The stats say that VS players are better than TR/NC players, also the UES event proved that with VS being the victor.

VS just doesn't have the numbers of bad fodder to endlessly throw at the enemy.
  12. maxkeiser

Not true.

Magrider and Scythe. Magrider primarily - a totally unique vehicle that ROCKS.
  13. xGreedFuSioN

It doesn't rock.
    I got a friend who plays TR to play with me for a bit, we pulled a mag and trolled around a bit. his first reaction "Christ this thing is awful"
    It's not that bad, but you can only strafe at like 5kph and it's the slowest MBT.
    just saying.
    as for the scythe, the other ESF's are better, flat out. the scythe doesn't really have anything special unless im missing something, its not any more maneuverable than the reaver or the mossy.
    I actually prefer the reaver, tbh.
  14. Nahwel

At least in Helios, the problem is that the VS never has enough people. Moreover, the NC has generally more population then the other two factions. In a way, that gives the other factions big disadvantages. I just think that we need more people to join the purple or the red, perhaps giving some kind of incentive?
  15. Gadamlu

fix'd
  16. Nyscha

Scythe unique? LOLOL
    I can out fight my dogfighting 3 scythe with my mossy with racer 2.
  17. KjarAchran

Proper insulting right there, bro.

So let's see :

- content brought to the discussion = zero
    - intelligence displayed = zero

round of applause for this fine specimen of the human race people...
  18. Oneth

Why are Vanu such a low pop on Waterson? No clue, they seem fine on Matherson. Are we UP and need buffs? I don't think so. I myself LOVE the lancer. It's not a lone wolf type launcher, but really, which one is. When used in a dedicated squad with AA and engie support, it's just as good as any, even better than Striker imo (Striker gets a raw deal with flares and IR smoke). My Vanu is on Waterson (unfortunately now my NC is as well, hate having both on same server due to merges) and we hold our own there. I feel like an underdog as Vanu but only due to numbers, not being UP. I did feel that way with long range fights but with the NS-11C my engie and LA can engage long range now with a fighting chance (BTW, I learned to adapt to bullet drop on this wep damned near immediately so again, 0 bullet drop is a NON FACTOR). How to increase the numbers of Vanu on say waterson? Well, I don't think vanu has enough players to populate each server so a server or two would have to be zero vanu and they all move to others to help numbers. But since that won't happen it's much like PS1, Vanu are lower pop unless grossly OP in some way and I'd prefer to stay as is and be balanced than OP just to get the 4th faction.
  19. BadHabitz

VS won the event because someone tipped them off as to where the event was going to take place, and pre-capped Amerish on most servers. The other two factions were behind before the game even started.
  20. BadHabitz

^^ this is what I'm thinking